| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 944 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dexter!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:48 am 
Lubes With Earth Balance

This season sucks so hard. I only keep watching because I know it'll be over soon, and a little bit because MCH gets sexier with every episode.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:52 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

Love Child wrote:
This season sucks so hard. I only keep watching because I know it'll be over soon, and a little bit because MCH gets sexier with every episode.

I agree. I feel like they're grabbing at anything to keep me interested.

Now go eat some vegan food and don't complain about the world.
-Claire Galant, T.O.F.U Magazine

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:00 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

sarahnorine wrote:
This season is the last one, right? The John Lithgow season was the best in my opinion. It just seems like it's gone downhill from there.

Yes and yes!
also, I thought maybe Quinn killed Cassie too. But that would be too ridiculous, even for this show, RIGHT? (also - there's a manager at this bank I have to deal with all the time who looks exactly like Quinn and I hate it.)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:44 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

The first thing I thought when we learned that Zach didn't kill Cassie was that Quinn set him up. Part of me thinks there's no way they'd do something so far-fetched, and then I remember what show I'm watching.

I didn't even think about Dr Vogel being creepy in the dinner scene until y'all said it. I don't know what to think, because it seems silly to have a scene of her being horrified by the piece of brain in the jar if she's the killer. She wasn't emoting for anyone - she was by herself - so it would've been pointless, unless they were trying to throw us off in a really stupid way. But at the same time, she's the only one who makes sense.

That was really stupid of Dexter to ask Hannah to stay with him. He should go with her instead! I keep hoping that the show will end with the two of them and Harrison moving to Argentina. (I actually like them together.)

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:50 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I'm so confused about who killed Cassie, I just can't believe it could be Quinn.

More than anything I'm just eager for this season to end for it to be over. Each week I ask myself why I'm watching.

ETA: I didn't think of it myself, but you guys have convinced me Vogel is the brain surgeon.

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:21 pm 
Semen Strong

The only thing that makes it seem even possible that Quinn could have killed Cassie to frame Zach, is that Deb found Quinn attractive. And Deb seems to have a tendency to fall for serial killers. I could see Quinn being framed for it though, to placate Zach's father. But generally, Quinn has been a good cop who has some problems with self-control but is basically a good guy. Having him be a killer would be like having Battista be a serial killer - it would totally be out of line with the character's development - but consistency isn't exactly a strong point for the show. I can see Elway doing it, but not being the Brain Surgeon as he seems a little too out of control and angry for a meticulous serial killer.

Quinn can barely even stand to look at Jamie, so I'm guessing he and Deb will be back together and maybe that will be the end of their arcs on the show. Anyone think they're going to kill off Lieutenant Angie and have Quinn become lieutenant? And then Quinn will end up in some situation where Deb has to choose between Quinn and Dexter and either Quinn ends up killing Dexter because Deb can't do it or Deb finally kills Dexter reclaiming her good self?

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:40 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Tofulish wrote:
bluedawg wrote:
i'm pretty sure she served them brains.

Ewwwww That had not occurred to me, and now I am replaying them scooping out the scalloped potatoes in my mind with disgust. BERK!

Oh yeah, that whole scene we were saying, "shepherds pie is PEOPLE!"

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:12 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

I'm confused about who killed Cassie too, but I don't know about it being Quinn. If Cassie had been shot it would be more believable. As a cop, Quinn has shot people before, so that seems like something he could pull off. But bludgeoning her? I just can't see him doing that.

Dear Nora: My cat's advice column (really)

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:02 am 

omg I'm getting anxious all over again.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:47 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

rachell37 wrote:
I didn't even think about Dr Vogel being creepy in the dinner scene until y'all said it. I don't know what to think, because it seems silly to have a scene of her being horrified by the piece of brain in the jar if she's the killer. She wasn't emoting for anyone - she was by herself - so it would've been pointless, unless they were trying to throw us off in a really stupid way. But at the same time, she's the only one who makes sense.

She didn't really look that horrified though, more... interested? I don't know, I feel like it's the kind of ambiguous acting where we're meant to think one thing and then once we realise she's the brain surgeon and watch it back we'll see it another way.

And I totally agree that Deb contributes nothing. That whole bit with her elaborately tracking Dexter and Hannah, and then to just give up because 'what about Dexter's FEELINGS?' was such a let down and completely pointless. Elway is way too lenient, I wouldn't have put up with her total lack of productivity for half the time that he has.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:40 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I guess everyone else thought that episode was as boring as I did.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:56 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Well... nothing really happened. The whole season hasn't been really engaging. I keep getting angry at the characters.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:01 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

It's like the writers are bored with themselves and won't come up with anything new or creative. It's been the same story repeated over and over again with different characters for the past 4 or 5 seasons.
I'm really disappointed with how this season is playing out considering it's the last one. I'm not sure how many episodes are left but it doesn't feel like it's leading up to anything, there hasn't been much for clif hangers or shock besides for Deb driving off the bridge.

Be yourself, everyone else is taken.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:56 am 
***LIES!!!***

I think if this storyline had happened in the first few seasons of the show, it could've been fascinating - it's not THAT bad a storyline (except for Hanna, she needs to disappear). I just feel like the actors aren't acting anymore and so it's hard to care about their characters.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:39 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Every week I think about how happy I'll be when this show is finally over.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:15 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Maggie Muggins wrote:
It's like the writers are bored with themselves and won't come up with anything new or creative. It's been the same story repeated over and over again with different characters for the past 4 or 5 seasons..

Pretty much. I'm still watching, and I'm entertained, but I'm not as excited or sucked in as I have been in the past.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:03 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Ariann wrote:
I think if this storyline had happened in the first few seasons of the show, it could've been fascinating - it's not THAT bad a storyline (except for Hanna, she needs to disappear). I just feel like the actors aren't acting anymore and so it's hard to care about their characters.

Agreed. The storyline isn't terrible in theory, the whole thing just seems... flat. And bringing back Hanna is just... ugh. I guess they think this whole "serial killer in love" thing is interesting, and it was interesting with Rita, but Hanna is not a sympathetic or interesting character at all and Dexter's obsession with her is just tiring.

I will say that I didn't see squirrely Oliver being the Brain Surgeon. I thought for sure it was going to be Vogel.

"I'm now officially wafflesexual." - booberthefraggle

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:37 am 

I'm sorry, but I totally saw the whole Vogel/brain surgeon thing coming. I think she's going to eventually get it. The guy I'm watching it with thinks that Dexter is going to turn himself in.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:40 am 
Baking In The Flavor

Too many things just IRK me to no end about this show now. Namely:

- I can't stop thinking about how shitty of a father Dexter is. He's such an absent father and NOBODY addresses it ever. Not Jamie, not Deb. I mean what about the scene where Harrison says "I want Hannah to be my mommy"... Dexter literally didn't respond, just walked away to check DNA results on his laptop. Wouldn't your son saying something like that warrant a response, let alone a conversation.

- there's a federal agent is in Miami looking for Hannah... Therefore Dexter concludes the safest place to hide Hannah is Deb's???? Really? I guess so the Fed who probably finds Dexter to be a person of interest can trail him right to her I guess. And that way he can risk implicating his sister who he knows is trying to get back on the force. I guess just getting in damn car and laying low in some motel in the middle of nowhere a few hours outside of Miami just didn't work for their crappy storyline.

This season sucks and thinking back to the season kickoff montage thing where one of the writers or someone involved with the show said "people are going to be talking about this in 100 years". I found that annoying before I even knew this season would suck. Now I think about it every week and it just peas me off.

I almost stopped watching the show a few seasons back when Dexter found a random room in an airport to be a safe place to make a kill room. You know cause airports don't have much security or anything. I should have trusted my instinct then that the show had officially gone bust and stopped watching then.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:30 pm 
Semen Strong

I am so glad Quinn and Jamie finally broke up, instead of him just looking incredibly constipated whenever she was around. I don't love Deb getting back together with him - she wasn't fully into getting married etc last time, and I don't really see her change of heart. Kind of wish there had been a bit more exploration on why before she started to kiss Quinn in what was just kind of cringe-inducing make-out session.

Dex and Hannah - I love Dex being pulled between his desire for a "normal" life and his need to kill Saxon. Its back the dynamic that was so interesting in the premise of the show. Harrison getting hurt on the treadmill and Dex not being there to help because he was setting up a killroom was a good illustration of that tension which has gotten lost a bit on the show. I also liked Hannah putting herself at risk to help Harrison and found myself rooting for her a bit.

I loved Dex's lame response to Deb's impassioned and rational problems with Dex taking off and going to Argentina with Hannah. Its so interestingly out of character for Dex to be just going off half-cocked, the guy has always been a meticulous planner. I guess its part of the show's attempt to show that he wasn't a true psychopath all along maybe?

I thought the killing of Dr Vogel was so throw-away. She has been such a pivotal figure, I really didn't see them just disposing of her so quickly. But I guess it makes sense with Saxon's history - he felt like she was choosing Dex over her like she had chosen his brother over him. Wonder if that is part of the reason he killed Cassie - bc she was interested in Dex over him.

It wasn't a very satisfying episode for me. We're two episodes from the end, and I would have hoped for a faster paced episode, as we build momentum for the final episode. I worry that the finale is going to be too glib - everything resolved into neat little packages at the end -Deb lives happily ever with Quinn and Harrison, Dex and Hannah die and Saxon being taken down by Miami Metro. Given what a great show this once was, I wish the writers had spent more time building up the resolutions, so they seemed more organic and natural rather than just throwing them at us.

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:35 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

+1 to everything T'lish said!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:43 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

I thought there was no episode this past Sunday?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:02 pm 
Venomous Head of Veganism

Put on a forking wig, Hannah. JEEZ. This forking show.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:48 pm 
Semen Strong

You would be such a better wanted fugitive than she is!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:14 am 
Venomous Head of Veganism

It's almost like she forking DRESSES UP as her wanted poster!

Profile WWW  

Reply to topic  [ 944 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next