| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:34 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Let's Talk Vegan Skin Care
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:23 pm 
Nailed to the V

blondiefk wrote:
Has anyone used Dr. Hauschka products? I used to when I worked at a store that carried them and I liked them. According to their site they don't test on animals and though not all products are vegan the ones I'm interested in are. I've got to check and make sure they are either independently owned or owned by a non testing company.

I LOVE their body oils ... they are all vegan ... I used to buy the lemon all the time until I could find it no more but am just as pleased with the lemon / lemongrass

http://www.drhauschka.co.uk/products/bo ... s-body-oil

it is the only product of theirs that I have used ... it absorbs quickly (I have quite dry body skin) and does not feel tacky.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:32 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I'm using a mixture of products at the mo, previously I was using all Sukin (Aussie brand) but the thread about Alba prompted me to order some of their products.

Brands I like:
Sukin (eye cream, foaming facial wash, body lotion, sensitive range incl. cleanser & face moisturiser)
Alba (hibiscus toner, green tea eye gel, hibiscus cleanser)
Botani (olive squalene skin serum, olive hand cream)
Rosehip oil (I've been using this for years, applied in the morning only, but I don't like that it stains clothes, so once I'm done I'm going to use the olive serum mentioned above)
Natio (make up remover, BB cream, and I want to try some of their skin care products when I run out of the ones mentioned above)
Sparitual (cuti-cocktail)
Paula's Choice (Weightless Body Treatment w/ 2% BHA for keratosis pilaris - not sure if it did much, but I might try it again)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:07 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I got a Clarisonic today! I can't wait til it's charged. I also got a Boscia cleaner since I left my Kiss My Face stuff I've had forever and ever upstate.

I'm usually lazy and use Yes To wipes and a moisturizer but I would like to keep my pretty good skin staying pretty good as I am over 40 now.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:34 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

teacup wrote:
blondiefk wrote:
Has anyone used Dr. Hauschka products? I used to when I worked at a store that carried them and I liked them. According to their site they don't test on animals and though not all products are vegan the ones I'm interested in are. I've got to check and make sure they are either independently owned or owned by a non testing company.

I LOVE their body oils ... they are all vegan ... I used to buy the lemon all the time until I could find it no more but am just as pleased with the lemon / lemongrass

http://www.drhauschka.co.uk/products/bo ... s-body-oil

it is the only product of theirs that I have used ... it absorbs quickly (I have quite dry body skin) and does not feel tacky.

I've heard great things but why do none of the moisturizers have SPF? grr

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:27 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Clarisonic owners, do you use it once or twice a day? I just bought a delicate skin replacement head because the one that came with it has made me get red bumps all over my skin. I've been using it once a day, at night. I was thinking about trying the Josie Maran oil cleaner in the morning.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:30 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

once. my skin is pretty sensitive. i have been using it in the AM since I don't put anything on my skin at night. at night i use a super mild glycerine wash.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:27 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I use mine once a day, at night after I remove my makeup, with store brand Cetaphil.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:25 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

If I use it more than five or six times per week my skin gets irritated. But at that frequency it's really great :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:15 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Just a heads up, all Derma E products are an extra 15% off on Vitacost this week:

http://www.vitacost.com/beauty-personal ... 700.277788

I've only bought their stuff on clearance, but i've liked everything i've tried. And as always, I have a referral code for Vitacost for $10 off if anyone wants it.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:18 am 
Calls "cavemen" on that

Ok, since I started this thread, I feel like I should update you guys!

I have tried a few things, but here is what I plan to stick with for the time being.

Morning: arbonne rejuvenating cream http://www.arbonne.com/products/not-so- ... /cream.asp

Yes, arbonne is pricy, but I love it. I literally can feel it tightening up my skin, but it's still gentle. My bosses boss has been using arbonne for like 20+ years, and her skin is AMAZING. I asked her to get me this with her discount and she bought it for me! So sweet. I just wish it had SPF in it :(

Night: lush Imperialis http://www.lushusa.com/Imperialis/00303 ... isturisers

Really gentle, can even be used as a cream to remove make up. I use it to get off eye make up, and the rest of my face.

I also have been using lush's Angels on Bare Skin in the mornings in the shower. I love that stuff.

I wish I had taken better care of my skin in my 20s and earlier 30s. But it's never too late!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:45 am 
Tofu Pup

I swear by Sevani. I'm an aesthetician, and an extremely picky one at that. :) It is completely vegan, and owned and operated by a vegan. I am 41, but I swear Sevani has taken at least 10 years off my face! It is magical stuff. If you only get one thing, get the cleanser. Doubles as a mask. Also, they have champion status on the Skin Deep cosmetics database.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:11 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

http://www.sevanibeauty.com/products/by-skin-type/age-defense/ageless-radiance-cleanser/

I've never heard of Sevani before, but this does sound a bit magical.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:36 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

It sounded pretty scammy (and possibly not vegan actually) when I googled it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:53 pm 
Tofu Pup

ndpittman wrote:
http://www.sevanibeauty.com/products/by-skin-type/age-defense/ageless-radiance-cleanser/

I've never heard of Sevani before, but this does sound a bit magical.

This has worked wonders on my skin. The moisturizer is great too. I looked forever to try to find something like Sevani. I wanted something that had real active ingredients. I love simple, but let's face it...once you reach a certain age, you gotta bring out the big guns. ;)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:43 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I am starting to get noticeable lines around my eyes. fork growing old gracefully. And they're only on one side! Any recommendations for an eye cream that diminishes lines and wrinkles?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:51 pm 
Calls "cavemen" on that

blondiefk wrote:
I am starting to get noticeable lines around my eyes. fork growing old gracefully. And they're only on one side! Any recommendations for an eye cream that diminishes lines and wrinkles?

The one from arbonne I mentioned upthread works well for mw with my first signs of wrinkles. It really tightness up my skin, but it's gentle. I am kind of in love with it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:22 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I've been using this one in the daytime
http://www.100percentpure.com/Organic-C ... 0.50oz.htm
and I like it cause the caffeine seems to really brighten and reduce puffiness,

Then at night I'm using this one
http://www.acureorganics.com/eye-cream- ... -p/015.htm
because I was very impressed by all the claims.

So far the combination of the two seems to be helping, the tiny crows feet I had forming are far less prominent, and the stubborn crease I have under my left eye is at least softened a bit, which is impressive because that was the first sign of ageing that showed up on my face, and it really, really didn't respond to anything before.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:50 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

I swear by oils. I put Argan oil on my face before foundation, I also put calendula oil in my moisturizers. I do have dry skin though and sometimes I even find my skin looking too greasy. But I swear it makes my skin look much younger. My first wrinkles were on one eye too, very odd. I also have some frown lines. My friend says all women do, because we are always so concerned.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:58 am 
Baking In The Flavor

rosehip seed oil is good for aniti-aging, too. and maybe try an eye cream with peptides...if you use it every day you will see a difference after a month:)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:35 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Are frown lines the vertical creases between your eyes and above your nose? Because I don't have those yet, but I can see the skin there starting to change and head towards those. I think it's because even when I have a brand new perfect eyeglass and contact lens prescription I still squint a little bit. I keep trying to make my face relax and it won't.

And I like oils too, I use an oil based serum at night that Melisser recommended when I asked her about anti-aging night cream that won't break me out, and it's fantastic. It's the Love Springs Eternal from One Love Organics and it's amazing and totally worth the money.

But even when I use oils I still do a separate eye cream too, just to bust out the big guns.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:40 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I've been using the Josie Maran argan oil cleanser at night with argan oil as a moisturizer and I like the way my skin feels but I want something extra for my eyes. I'm going to try the stuff jess recommended.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:17 pm 

Yeah I call my vertical lines above nose a frown line. Not much you can do about it, except moisturize to keep them looking a bit softer.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:43 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

I'm getting crinkly around my eyes when I smile.....not just crows feet, the lines are longer. I'm starting to not smile quite so big (largely??) now so it's not so obvious.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:14 pm 

I know, I do that too, not smile or frown as much. Sad really.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:46 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I've googled "vegan dermal filler" before, if that makes you guys feel better about the whole reigning in expressions thing.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next