| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:14 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2388 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 96  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hey look! A general makeup thread!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:37 am 
Naked Under Apron

Yes, Drew Barrymore's line. Unfortunately only available at Walmart.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:24 am 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Yes, and overall it's gotten good reviews. Which I think is awesome, even if these big beauty gurus don't care if their makeup is CF/vegan between this and ELF (and OCC for higher end), a lot of people are using vegan cosmetics without even thinking about it. I know they're also still using Mac and stuff, but it's better than nothing.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:34 am 
Naked Under Apron

The Urban Decay liner that's a tray with a brush? I don't remember the name and it's worn off mine. I need a good replacement. I haven’t found a liner I like and it's almost all gone.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:35 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

I think it's awesome too, if for no other reason than it helps to normalize the concept of CF/vegan beauty products. It's regular makeup that anyone can access and use, not just weird products in terribly packaging tucked into the personal care section of Whole Foods.

"I'm now officially wafflesexual." - booberthefraggle

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:29 pm 

amandabear wrote:
weird products in terribly packaging

It's okay, you can say Beauty Without Cruelty.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:43 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

^^ *snort*

(though they do have that fancy-pants new line, which seems a bit overpriced)

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:59 pm 

I only have one thing from BWC - a lipstick - and I like have no issue with the packaging (it's just a black tube with the repeating swan logo), but in general "natural" beauty products don't have the most aesthetically pleasing packages. Which is a shame, because I'm way more likely to buy something, or even just take a brand seriously, if it looks nice.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:03 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

They used to have all blue packaging which was pretty hideous. I think they might have totally moved over to the black packaging now though, it looks much better.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:10 pm 

I'm partially kidding, I just think that their powder products look like they belong at the $1 and I can't believe how much they charge for them. And their nail polishes are like $18! The lipsticks i've tried are nice though, and the mascara. And I love their non-makeup stuff. I think they artificially inflate their prices because they're a cruelty-free company and one of the oldest, but they really need to step up their game because I can get a cruelty-free foundation for way less than $25 that I can find a ton of reviews on.

I actually just went on youtube and I cannot find reviews for BWC cosmetics besides a lot of lipstick ones, and a few mascara and foundation ones.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:15 pm 

This is the cheap-o looking packaging i'm talking about: http://www.vitacost.com/beauty-without- ... o-tamarind

They switched over some of their stuff to new packaging that I like, like this:

http://www.vitacost.com/beauty-without- ... 0-33-fl-oz

Oh my bad, I just went the BWC website and it appears that they've changed the eyeshadow and blush packaging too, Vitacost just has old stock. Now they're 32 friggin' dollars.

http://www.beautywithoutcruelty.com/sca ... r_id=11150

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:14 pm 

Yeah, the new packaging is fine, but their stuff is way too pricey. High-end brands don't even charge $33 for an eyeshadow duo.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:38 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Legit, I've thought about buying BWC stuff so many times, but didn't because it's so crazy expensive, and if I'm paying that much money I want to be able to swatch it first. And nowhere near me carries it, even the Whole Foods only has Zuzu Luxe and Mineral Fusion.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:22 am 
Ninja Master

Ugh BWC! I have tried lots of their stuff over the years and I think it is like the crappy old makeup you can buy in the pound shop but overpriced. It's awful. I wanted to like it, but I just don't.

Thankfully there's way better vegan makeup out there that isn't ridiculously over-priced for the quality.

Speaking of, I just got some mineral shadows from Concrete Minerals (not everything of theirs is vegan but it's labelled on their site what is and it's only like 3 colours and an eyeshadow primer that's not). I like them a lot and I speak as someone who is not a fan of mineral eyeshadows in general! I bought the Zombie Girl collection (mainly cuz the tin is super cute) and a few other shadows, including this amazing matte electric blue pigment. Can't wait to try that out.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:58 am 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

I went back to look at the DB's WalMart stuff, I just could not find anything I liked, then I forgot if it was all vegan. The skin stuff looks okay, maybe that when I run out or a new eyeliner, mine is drying out.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:04 am 

I'm going to start watching the Walmart ads in hopes that it goes on sale. Does Hard Candy ever go on sale or rollback or whatever? It seems like even at Walmart that wouldn't happen, but a girl can dream.

CVS sent out random customers a $3 ECB this week and it expires today, so i'm going to go get myself a free Megalast lipstick. Hopefully anyway, the CVS near my house changed around their WnW endcap and they took out the entire Megalast section so i'm going to a different one.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:37 pm 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

So what is vegan from Hard Candy?

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:40 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I hope Flower goes on sale eventually! I have 4 things from them so far and I really don't want to have to trade one of my kids to Walmart for the rest that I'd like to have.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:02 pm 

missmuffcake wrote:
So what is vegan from Hard Candy?

Honestly, that info is really hard to find. They took down their vegan list and I rarely see their products come up on youtube or anywhere else. I was wondering if they went on sale ever because if they do, then there's a chance that Flower will too since they're both Walmart-only brands.

Some brands just never go on sale. Like at Target, you can find coupons and sales on Cover Girl and all of that other totally not CF/vegan cheaper shiitake, and the Pixi and Sonia Kashuk stuff too, but they never put Physician's Formula on sale, obviously ELF is never on sale because it's already a budget brand, and Pacifica.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:15 pm 
Naked Under Apron

So Pixi and Sonia Kashuk aren't vegan friendly? I've never seen them before today.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:03 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

They're both cruelty free, but neither has a vegan list, so you'd have to research individual products.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:32 am 
Naked Under Apron

I got a new angled eyeliner brush and it's the most amazing thing ever. I'm also liking the Studio lip stain even though I don't care for the gloss part. It stays very well.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:28 am 
Ninja Master

I caved and bought the last 2 Sugarpill elektrocutes that I didn't buy last time I got stuff from them. They're so preeeetty!

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:14 am 

jessilikewhoa wrote:
They're both cruelty free, but neither has a vegan list, so you'd have to research individual products.

Yep, no vegan list, but it's pretty easy to find ingredients for both brands. Pixi even usually breaks it down by shade, which is great. I only have one thing from them - the eye glow cube palette thing - but I like it a lot.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:35 am 
Naked Under Apron

amandabear wrote:
jessilikewhoa wrote:

Yep, no vegan list, but it's pretty easy to find ingredients for both brands. Pixi even usually breaks it down by shade, which is great. I only have one thing from them - the eye glow cube palette thing - but I like it a lot.

My normal Target doesn't have either brand but we went to a different one yesterday and they had both and I liked the look of some of the Pixi stuff. Good to know I just have to check ingredients.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:41 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

Maybe y'all know this already, but iherb carries elf stuff. I need some new brushes and came across them on iherb's site last night. iherb always has an extra discount, plus free shipping over $20, so it's ridiculously affordable.

Reply to topic  [ 2388 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 96  Next