| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 45  Next
 Post subject: Re: A thread about LUSH!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:43 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

We've got a work experience girl in this week (work experience at LUSH!!) and I had to explain veganism to her today. Face of SHOCK. I made up for it with a super cute goody bag full of samples.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:03 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

I picked up a new batch of Cupcake on the weekend, I love that mask!

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:26 pm 
Tofu Pup

Love this thread!

I currently use Ultrabland for my face as Let the good times roll, Angels on bare skin, and Aquamarina all have failed to manage my sensitive, spotprone, slightly oily and slightly dry skin. Any recommendations?

I was kind of disappointed in the mascara - I want somewhat-drag lashes and this one is very far off. Also, it comes off under my eye like crazy. Dont even need to line my bottom lashline, the mascara does that for me. Ugh! On the positive side it doesnt burn my eyes like some others do, and I actually dont think the brush is a hassle.

I need a deoderant cause Ive been putting off acquiring one for ages. Any recommendations? :)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:24 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

seitanicverses wrote:
I just wanna say that it's a really bad idea for me to have bought the Guvernor body powder because it's BLACK. It's black dusting powder. Like, what was I thinking? What were they thinking, too, making it? It's charcoal-based (or something, so the label says) and gives me sooty pits and feet, just in time for shorts and sleevelessness. It's like a liberal dusting of five o'clock shadow. I can't see this product lasting. I'll switch back to their invisible body powders now but this is a PSA for those who don't really, you know, visualize the end usage and ultimate downsides of certain products.

I must apologise ... I just read this post for about the 3rd time and once again laughed out loud ... pleased my colleague who shares this office is not here.

Could you use it for your feet? Is it supposed to be cooling? What drew you to it?

Anne, fellow Canadian who will look (only) at it when next in the local LUSH

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:44 pm 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

vijita wrote:
Ha, my mum sent me a small Lush package for my birthday, and I assumed the Seanik included was a bath bomb or bubble bomb, and have used it as such for the entirety of its existence. It only struck me today to look it up to see why the hell it lasted that long. It's a shampoo bar! Oh well. I've enjoyed my shampoo baths immensely.

This is my favorite thing I've ever read, I think.

When I first started working at LUSH, I was completely baffled by the solid shampoos. I still think they might be made with witchcraft.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:41 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

I need to place an order but I'm both broke and cheap. Do I buy just what I need and stay within budget? Or make the most of the shipping and add one or two more things that I'd need in a few months but don't need now and would cost a lot more? I think cheapness will probably win, since I hate paying for shipping and want to feel like what I'm getting justifies it. I wish there was a store close, but the nearest are in Seattle or Calgary.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:28 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

I was in a LUSH yesterday ... bought some Miranda soap - whole fresh kiwi fruits, with exotic fruit and flower essential oils
three Dreamtime bath melts which I have been buying for years ... I LOVE them
Olive Branch shower gel ... oh and ..

seitanicverses! I looked at the The Guv'ner powder ... I shook a fair bit into my palm ... a very dusty grey ... it is also been sold in their line for men ... mebbe fellas do not care about having grey arm pits, other bits ... would have asked my husband but he was in the Apple shop next door.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:01 pm 

I think the Guv'nor thing was because so many people live in black clothes and get fed up of white marks. It would be a dream for me, but it makes me itchy :(

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:08 pm 
Built this city on rock and roll

cornflowers wrote:
I think the Guv'nor thing was because so many people live in black clothes and get fed up of white marks. It would be a dream for me, but it makes me itchy :(

I love Guv'ner! Before I bought it I asked the sales person about marks and stuff. She said it would be no problem. I didn't really trust her but she gave me a sample. I have had no problems ( I bought it after I tested the sample) so far but I wear mostly dark colours and rarely white. My boyfriend, who uses Guv'ner, too and wears a lot of white shirts says he has no problems

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:21 pm 
WELFARIST!

teacup wrote:
seitanicverses wrote:
I just wanna say that it's a really bad idea for me to have bought the Guvernor body powder because it's BLACK. It's black dusting powder. Like, what was I thinking? What were they thinking, too, making it? It's charcoal-based (or something, so the label says) and gives me sooty pits and feet, just in time for shorts and sleevelessness. It's like a liberal dusting of five o'clock shadow. I can't see this product lasting. I'll switch back to their invisible body powders now but this is a PSA for those who don't really, you know, visualize the end usage and ultimate downsides of certain products.

I must apologise ... I just read this post for about the 3rd time and once again laughed out loud ... pleased my colleague who shares this office is not here.

Could you use it for your feet? Is it supposed to be cooling? What drew you to it?

Anne, fellow Canadian who will look (only) at it when next in the local LUSH

I was drawn to it because I liked the smell and thought the color was novel without thinking of the effect.

My pits look sooty, like I always need a shave--even when I just shaved. Also, it greys up my liquid roll-ons so have been using deodorant solids when I use it so can just wipe the surface. I only use the Gu'vnor when I'm going to be hanging around the house and on my "hidden parts". I'm almost finished the bottle so the problem is almost over. As a powder, it works well, it's the esthetic effect that doesn't work for me. It would be good for black clothing and I wear black clothing a lot but there's still that five-o'clock pit shadow if I'm wearing sleeveless black. The powder does seem to sink into the skin and doesn't stay sooty for long (i.e. on my feet) but it does shadow my pits until the next shower.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:45 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I went to Lush today to get a new None of Your Beeswax and ended up with Volcano foot mask, Dirty Rainwater shower gel and Happy Happy Joy Joy conditioner. They didn't have any Sonic Death Monkey shower gel but it looks like they still sell it online or maybe another store will have it. I love that stuff!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:23 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

What do you guys thinking about their lotions, are they actually worth the price? I had the dream cream and I hated it to be honest and didn't feel a difference but maybe some of the others are better. I have a giftcard I'm so excited to use and am considering a good lotion.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:56 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

oh man, i'm sorry you hated the dream cream! that's one of my favorites, so maybe my recommendations won't be great for you (heh), but the others that i really like are: coco lotion, sympathy for the skin, and karma kream (if you like the scent of karma). i have used creme anglaise but i don't think it's worth the hefty price tag; the scent gets overpowering (for me) and it's not that much more "luxurious" in my opinion. i've also used vanilla de-lite (or however it's spelled) and i wasn't crazy about it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:27 pm 

Charity Pot is my favourite. It's lighter and more easily absorbed, and the smell is incredible - cocoa and rose and richness. I put it on before bed just for the scent.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:57 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

So excited for the rose jam shower gel. It's like my favourite fragrance of all Lush products. I thought it was going to be online only, but a girl I used to work with in Lush said it was coming into the shop with their halloween stuff, so I guess it should be there around now. Need to find some time to go in before I go on holiday in a week.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:03 am 

It comes in on Monday! I need a vat, 500g is not enough.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:00 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

just got an email about let the good times roll this morning and i'm pretty excited!

http://www.lushusa.com/Let-the-Good-Tim ... =cleansers

it was a holiday thing last year and they were saying at the time that it would be in the permanent lineup, but then it wasn't... and now it apparently is! yay! i like it a lot (it smells delicious) and if i can't have buche de noel all year round, i'm pretty happy with this one.

(although on that note: i bought two jars of buche de noel during the BOGO after christmas, and i'm *still* using the second jar. i only use it a few times per week, and it's still in perfect condition and it's lasted me a long time, which is awesome.)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:52 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

Disappearing Ink wrote:
So excited for the rose jam shower gel. It's like my favourite fragrance of all Lush products. I thought it was going to be online only, but a girl I used to work with in Lush said it was coming into the shop with their halloween stuff, so I guess it should be there around now. Need to find some time to go in before I go on holiday in a week.

If I have ever seen it here I have not noticed but just looked at the Lush UK site and there it is ...

Anne who knows where she is going for late night Wednesday shopping ...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:58 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

During the sale, I got a jar of Let the Good Times Roll and a jar of Dark Angels and I just opened Dark Angels last week. I am good until this year's sale.

LTGTR smells like cake batter. And if you look at the ingredients it looks almost edible but for the fragrance.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:13 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

Death & the Author - How D H Lawrence Died, and Was Remembered by David Ellis

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:12 am 
Ninja Master

I bought a couple of pink emotional brilliance colours at the weekend, looking forward to trying them out and seeing how well they last.

Also bought the vanillery solid perfume which smells amazing!

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:41 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I don't want to go through 40 pages, so I apologize if it's been discussed before, but has anyone tried their sea salt spray? I'm almost out of my John Masters Organics one, and I've been eyeing the Lush one for awhile because their packaging makes me really happy, but I don't want to buy it if it's no good.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:31 pm 
Lubes With Earth Balance

I thought I knew better than to buy a scent without smelling it first. I got the 0.3 oz Lust perfume, because the description sounded like something I'd love, but I really, really do not love it. If anyone wants it, I'll be glad to send it to you! (No store near me, and I don't want to bother with online returns - I'd rather just pass it on to someone who will love it!)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:39 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

I really like the Lust solid perfume, but I find the spray version pretty overpowering.

Well, Rose Jam shower gel is everything I dreamed it would be. Will be stocking up since it's limited edition, which is sad. Need to hit my local branch soon to look at the Christmas stuff. So happy it's out, since buche de noel is pretty much the best thing ever. Let the good times roll sounds great, too.... am I right in thinking it's going to be a permanent thing?

On a less good note..... I bought dirty toothy tabs to take on holiday because the whole liquids in your hand luggage thing confuses me. They genuinely tasted like semen. Pretty off-putting.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:16 am 
Seagull of the PPK

HA! we got some toothy tabs samples and FC spat them out and then needed to go irrigate with the kitchen sink. I think they're OK but I have eaten dirt, which is what they remind me of.
We went to the wrong store and they didn't have the new perfume, only the old range. Which was fine, I finally got the solid Breath of God. But we also got the standards- the godmother soap, and angels on bare skin, and i discovered Let the Good Times Roll, which is so good on my crazy skin that i was thrilled.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 45  Next