| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 944 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38
 Post subject: Re: Dexter!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:16 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

disappointed. eye rolled the whole time.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:19 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

I'm pretty sure we could all made up a better ending right on the spot. I was waiting for Harrison to say "i'm going to Argentina with Hannah" to Jamie right in front of Quinn, Angel, and Mathews... But no, cause that would have been interesting and would have made sense.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:06 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Yes! It is so crazy that Harrison doesn't say anything about Hannah to anybody but dexter. How would you make that happen?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:46 am 
Baking In The Flavor

I also hate that the premise of the finale was "Dexter learns that he CAN feel love" and that's supposed to explain why he abandons his son. Makes tons of forking sense.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:15 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Ariann wrote:
Yes! It is so crazy that Harrison doesn't say anything about Hannah to anybody but dexter. How would you make that happen?

I was pretty much holding my breath any time that kid was around anyone else. Wasted opportunity!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:21 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Hahahahaha oh shiitake. I only watched this whole season because I thought there would never EVER be another one so what the heck. And now this stupid, inconsistent shiitake? And I mean ALL OF IT.
The only thing that makes me feel I haven't totally been wasting my time is the Benny Hill video like 2 pages back in this thread. I can REALLY appreciate that. :))

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:03 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Remember a while back when I said I was a couple of series behind and was wondering whether it was worth catching up? Thank the Lard I didn't bother. I don't think I've read one single review which said it was anything but a massive disappointment. What were the writers thinking? Why go out on such a low when it started out so great?

I read a fab alternative ending somewhere else, can't recall where, where Harrison had been raised to hate his dad for abandoning him and in the final episode it's a fast forward to him as a young man. There was more detail to it (tying up of other loose ends) but the ending was him in a kill room and it panned in so you saw Dexter was on the table. That would have been a great ending and it would give them the option to do a spin off of Harrison as the new Dexter.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:23 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

rentaghost wrote:
Why go out on such a low when it started out so great?

Oh man, I loved the first season.

Which reminds me how, one or two seasons ago, I said, "I really miss the ice truck killer", and let me say that again, what they did next was NOT WHAT I MEANT.

:((

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:09 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I had wanted to rewatch the whole series with my husband, because he only came in a couple seasons ago. He missed the best stuff! It's hard to justify rewatching when I know how bad the ending is now.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:46 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Location: In some dumb hotel in an equally dumb town...or in San Diego
Ive been watching the last 2 seasons out of spite

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:49 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

creep wrote:
I had wanted to rewatch the whole series with my husband, because he only came in a couple seasons ago. He missed the best stuff! It's hard to justify rewatching when I know how bad the ending is now.

I was thinking about making my boyfriend watch Dexter, but ran into the same issue. The first few season are really fantastic, and then the next couple are okay, and then... well. If we ever watch it, I'll probably just stop after Rita dies.

I miss Rita.

"I'm now officially wafflesexual." - booberthefraggle

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:50 am 
Bathes in Braggs

I'll just pretend her death is the actual ending of the series.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:06 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Have Showtime or the writers responded in any way to all the negative feedback about the ending?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:13 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

I read this EW interview. But I still can't even. This show!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:22 am 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

The finale aired here Sunday but I only just got to watch it now. My day is ruined. Worst ending ever. Is the ending meant to be Dexter is in such mental anguish that he has given up and checked out of life mentally or that he has completely lost the love and now has no code and is now a proper psychopath?

Then that scene were he has killed Saxon. Angel and Quinn looked like Dumb and Dumber there. In fact they remind me of the last manager I had to work with who reminded me of the stupid hyena out of The Lion King.

As for the whole Deb and body in the sea thing. Seriously? Send her off to join all the evil people he disposed of there? Seriously? Dexter? Show writers? Have you all had your brains removed? Or is that more evidence that he has gone completely psycho killer now?

Just no. No. No. No. The whole thing. No.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:08 pm 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow

I just got around to watching it and it was so much worse than I could have ever imagined. Yikes.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:40 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

I plowed through the last 3.5 seasons in record speed because Brian wouldn't stop gloating about how he read that the last season was poop and the finale was poop.

I hate it when he's right.

So i'm just going to write a new season 8! Let's start with Deb not killing LaGuerta, instead she shoots Dexter in the shoulder to disarm him. At the start of season 8, we flash forward six months to Deb having still left the force but maybe not being a drunk coke sniffing mess (it's amazing how quick she got over that, by the way). Dexter is in jail, no trial needed because he went ahead and confessed to everything. Dr. Vogel starts coming to see him, and still reveals all of that stuff about Harry. And then the brain surgeon appears and somehow it's decided that Dexter's help is needed to solve the case so his former co-workers have to work with him and it's super awkward. Deb still dies, Saxon gets sent to the same prison as Dexter, Dexter kills him and then he like goes and lays down in his bunk and closes his eyes and the show is over.

I just made that whole thing up in two minutes and i'm pretty confident that I put more thought into it that any of the show writers put into that whole season.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:07 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

That would've been better! Anything would've been better. Dexter was in a psych ward the whole time and it was all a dream! Dexter decides he's got a single actual feeling after all, so he turns himself and Hannah in and Harrison goes to live with Deb and isn't abandoned in a foreign country with a poisoner! The Brain Surgeon kills Dexter, Deb arrests his asparagus, quits the force, takes Harrison and moves to a tropical island somewhere where she never has to think about serial killers ever again. Miami is hit by a sharknado and everyone dies! Anything!

"I'm now officially wafflesexual." - booberthefraggle

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:20 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

amandabear wrote:
Dexter was in a psych ward the whole time and it was all a dream!

This is the only alternative that I would've been more upset about.

amandabear wrote:
Dexter decides he's got a single actual feeling after all, so he turns himself and Hannah in and Harrison goes to live with Deb and isn't abandoned in a foreign country with a poisoner!

I felt like him leaving Harrison with Hannah almost made sense in that he knew that Hannah would take care of him (she risked prison to take him to the hospital, though she would've risked it less if she'd at least worn a goddamn hat) and that Harrison trusted and loved Hannah enough to be OK being left with her. Like, I think they wanted us to think that Harrison saw her as his new mom (there may even have been a really obvious scene where he asked if Hannah could be his mom) so that we would believe that he would accept that scenario.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 944 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38