| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:52 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4446 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146 ... 178  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ventilation Station 2.0
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:51 pm 
Semen Strong

Thanks!

Two of my friends are new moms and health counselors, and they are commiserating about how its so crazy that people think that infants (theirs are 2 months old) should be fat, and that its "healthy" to feed your child whenever they cry.

I cannot even. Of course both of them are also bragging that after 2 months they are back to their ideal body weight, because of course fat is the enemy and carbs are its dirty handmaidens.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:00 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Tofulish wrote:
Two of my friends are new moms and health counselors, and they are commiserating about how its so crazy that people think that infants (theirs are 2 months old) should be fat, and that its "healthy" to feed your child whenever they cry.

aaaaaahhhhh what??

Because the first thing I think when I see a chubby baby is, lose some weight fatty. (That's a lie, I just make some weird high-pitched noises and want to squeeze their squishy thighs.)

Why are people so crazy? Why are they projecting their body issues onto their INFANTS? So gross.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:47 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

My partner's mom has been telling me that Scarlett is obese since she was about 2 months old. That's like the least offensive thing she says to me in general, though.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:56 pm 
Semen Strong

I got my husband to agree to a big toy purge, because my Dad and stepmother are coming. So after giving away tons and tons and tons of toys, he rolls up today with more. Seriously? And of course, I feel like a jerk saying "Look I don't want her having so many toys that our house is an ocean of plastic crepe that I spend hours every day picking up."

This is a PSPTYHWAEPACTYP, for sure.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:40 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Tofulish wrote:
Thanks!

I cannot even. Of course both of them are also bragging that after 2 months they are back to their ideal body weight, because of course fat is the enemy and carbs are its dirty handmaidens.

What the everloving fork?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:47 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Tofulish wrote:
I got my husband to agree to a big toy purge, because my Dad and stepmother are coming. So after giving away tons and tons and tons of toys, he rolls up today with more. Seriously? And of course, I feel like a jerk saying "Look I don't want her having so many toys that our house is an ocean of plastic crepe that I spend hours every day picking up."

This is a PSPTYHWAEPACTYP, for sure.

Well that makes me feel better. I'm in the same boat! I never wanted Kai to have that many toys but it is impossible. Today my mom wanted to take him to Keansburg amusement park. Between her and my husband he came home with a Dora basketball, large size purple minion, x-large size stuffed giraffe, another small red angry bird which he already had, and a small stuffed whale. *facepalm*

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:22 pm 

Yeah, I say no toys constantly and my parents and my in laws look at me like I'm some kind witch.

I'm back here to gripe again about the stroller wars we've been having. Just get in the stroller without a giant meltdown! You cannot walk as far as I need to go and you are really heavy!

She only wants me to carry or wear her, papa won't do. It's really frustrating. I keep bribing her with food with makes me feel awful, but it's the only thing that works (sometimes).

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:48 pm 
***LIES!!!***

On the mile walk this week back from the park, Malka wouldn't go into the stroller, but wouldn't walk more than ten feet. When she wanted me to carry her I just sat on the ground, cuddled her, and didn't move. I waited till she was ready to walk again. I just couldn't figure out any other way to do it. She is not that heavy, but I didn't have the mei tai with me and couldn't carry her and push the stroller at the same time.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:29 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

I have a 13 year old who has something like 150 stuffed animals. This was not my choice. I do not buy them for her, I don't allow them to be bought for her. But somehow we have a room full of stuffed animals. She does not want to give them up.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:14 pm 

And now you are awake during the breaking bad finale. You never wake up at this time! It's like you know how much I want you to be asleep...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:35 pm 
Chip Strong

Butternut wrote:
And now you are awake during the breaking bad finale. You never wake up at this time! It's like you know how much I want you to be asleep...

Oh man. We are watching it tomorrow night just in case someone wakes up we can pause. I better stay off the internet until then though.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:01 pm 

I finally got her down.

The funny thing was that she turned off her white noise machine. It's part of our sleep routine: bath, brush teeth, read three books, turn off light and turn on noise machine, nurse, go to sleep. So she got up from bed, and decided hell no I'm not sleeping, and turned off the noise machine as like an exclamation point on that decision! So weird! She's never done that before.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:16 am 
Chip Strong

Ada does that too with the white noise machine. I hope she went back to bed quickly!

My vent. My husband starts his new job today (after two lovely months home) and of course Ada, Alice, and I are sick. I blame preschool for this one. Ada wouldn't nap yesterday because she coughs when she lays down and she was up for good at 5:30 this morning. And she is still nonstop running around despite all of this.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:06 am 
Nooch of Earl

Ugh Sashi! I hope you're all feeling better soon!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:22 am 
Nooch of Earl

It's 9am and I already have a headache from being screamed at ("NO PANTS! NO PANTS! NO PANTS!" Fine, kid. No pants.) This bodes well.

When Husband comes back from sea it is SO his turn...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:39 pm 
Nooch of Earl

Aaaand now we're having a tantrum because after she dumped a fork filled with vegenaise on the floor and was just grubbing around in the remaining 'naise with her hands, I took them away, threw them in the sink, and let her have the rest of her strawberries and raspberries without vegenaise. NOT acceptable.

"SORK! DIP! SORK! DIP! SORK! DIP!"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:56 pm 
Naked Under Apron

oh Sashi, that's exactly what we had going on for 7 days straight - no nap and up at the same time as Sierra (i.e. too forkin' early!), because of the coughing. After 2 days of steroid + allergy meds she went back to napping and sleeping decently though she's still coughing a bit. I'm glad we held on and kept enforcing the nap idea even though we were starting to worry that she might just be done with naps, because whoamygod she was insaaaaaaane from not sleeping by the time evening rolled around. Multiple meltdowns, epic bad behavior resulting in timeouts which result in her crying hysterically which result in her coughing like crazy. Ayyyy.
annak, forgive me for asking - but veganaise with BERRIES??? whoa.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:03 pm 
Nooch of Earl

Well, it was put out to go with her diced veggie dog, but she ate most of that by the time the offending incident happened.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:29 am 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

I don't know why my kids have stopped asking for help when they need it. (Well, I do, but that would go in a different thread). But I am super tired of the passive aggressive tapping and sighing and yelling until I ask what they need.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:52 pm 
Chip Strong

Audrey wrote:
oh Sashi, that's exactly what we had going on for 7 days straight - no nap and up at the same time as Sierra (i.e. too forkin' early!), because of the coughing. After 2 days of steroid + allergy meds she went back to napping and sleeping decently though she's still coughing a bit. I'm glad we held on and kept enforcing the nap idea even though we were starting to worry that she might just be done with naps, because whoamygod she was insaaaaaaane from not sleeping by the time evening rolled around. Multiple meltdowns, epic bad behavior resulting in timeouts which result in her crying hysterically which result in her coughing like crazy. Ayyyy.
annak, forgive me for asking - but veganaise with BERRIES??? whoa.

I actually had to wake her to get to school on time this morning because she was up coughing in the middle of the night. And Alice took two hours to put to bed last night because she was all congested and I had to wake her up to take Ada to school. So no one was happy this morning. Alice is catching up on sleep but Ada is not napping. The kid is exhausted and of course crazy from it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:18 pm 
Semen Strong

I stepped on Leela. We were at the Indian store and I was watching her out of the corner of my eye, and took a step back to discover that she had somehow snuck back and was laying right behind me. I managed to avoid stepping on her head but stepped on her arm and it was just really really really bad.

I feel like a terrible person and an asparagus hole.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:33 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

Tofulish wrote:
I stepped on Leela. We were at the Indian store and I was watching her out of the corner of my eye, and took a step back to discover that she had somehow snuck back and was laying right behind me. I managed to avoid stepping on her head but stepped on her arm and it was just really really really bad.

I feel like a terrible person and an asparagus hole.

You gotta give yourself some slack! These are the things of growing up--you get hurt a lot, most of the time you forget about it by the next day. And I bet she won't lie right behind where you're standing again!

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:40 pm 
Naked Under Apron

aww poor Leela! I'm sure she's ok though. Don't beat yourself up over it Tlish, it happens. I honestly can't count the # of times I've knocked one of the kids over because they were right up on me as I turned to move or something.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:36 pm 

Oh, the knocking over of little ones..geezus I've lost track of how many times I've done that. Freya is super sneaky sometimes too. She'll be in a whole other room and then...voila! here I am! She's a real baby sidler. :p

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:44 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

I hit Sven in the head with the vacuum and knock him over probably once a week. I should know by now to watch for him when I pull the vacuum back! I always feel so awful. It's such a terrible feeling to injure your child, but I'm positive it happens to everyone!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4446 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146 ... 178  Next