| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 45  Next
 Post subject: Re: A thread about LUSH!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:24 am 
WELFARIST!

I bought Angels on Bare Skin again not too long ago and my face is soooo happy right now. I feel like when I use it in the shower, it also helps me to relax. Probably a combination of the scent and massaging.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:29 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

jessilikewhoa wrote:
I don't want to go through 40 pages, so I apologize if it's been discussed before, but has anyone tried their sea salt spray? I'm almost out of my John Masters Organics one, and I've been eyeing the Lush one for awhile because their packaging makes me really happy, but I don't want to buy it if it's no good.

i have the sea spray, but it's the first one i've ever bought/used so i don't really have anything to compare it to... also, for that reason, i'm not even sure i'm using it right. ha! what in particular are you hoping it does (or doesn't do)? maybe i could help if i know what you're looking for?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:21 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I have very nearly no natural wave or curl, so I don't need it to give me beachy hair or anything. I like to use sea salt spray in my hair before I blowdry (along with some other products) to give it a slightly rougher dirtied up texture, and to sorta fatten up the hair and make it look thicker. The John Masters one is great, but my Whole Foods stopped carrying it, and if I order the Lush one I can get some lip balm too.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:45 pm 
Who's Ted Leo?

so last year when i smell ponche i did not care for it - this year i did & bought a big bottle!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:02 pm 
Writes Vegan Haiku

Has anyone tried the Marilyn conditioner/bleach? People have commented on it as a conditioner, but no one has mentioned if it really does lighten your hair--I have dark blonde hair that I've been highlighting since the beginning of time (seriously, since I was about 13), and I'd like phase them out. Has anyone had good results with it?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:56 pm 
Nailed to the V

Has anyone bought the new perfumes? I so badly would like Rose Jam, Ponche and Calacas.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:31 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Gwenlet wrote:
Has anyone tried the Marilyn conditioner/bleach? People have commented on it as a conditioner, but no one has mentioned if it really does lighten your hair--I have dark blonde hair that I've been highlighting since the beginning of time (seriously, since I was about 13), and I'd like phase them out. Has anyone had good results with it?

i have dark blonde hair as well, and i have noticed zilch as far as color-results. i've used marilyn twice (once i left it on for like 45 minutes i think, the other time i left it on for a few hours) and it smells nice and conditions well, but i didn't notice any change in color at all.

jessi i just realized i never answered your sea spray question! ugh, i'm an a-hole. i think it would probably give you that "dirty" texture that you're talking about, but since i've never used any other sea sprays i don't have much to compare it to, unfortunately.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:25 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I ended up ordering it anyway, and I like it alot. Except the smell is kinda weird. But I can deal. Thanks for answering!

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:07 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

Rosie wrote:
Has anyone bought the new perfumes? I so badly would like Rose Jam, Ponche and Calacas.

Rosie

I had a healthy test shot of the Rose Jam on both wrists Friday ... a work colleague had bought some ... very pleasant. I could smell some of the lemon but no geranium.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:30 am 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

teacup wrote:
Rosie wrote:

Rosie

I had a healthy test shot of the Rose Jam on both wrists Friday ... a work colleague had bought some ... very pleasant. I could smell some of the lemon but no geranium.

I just ordered Snow Fairy. Excited!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:24 am 
Saggy Butt

Thanks to this wonderful thread I just went to check if they have Glogg back this year and they do! I just spent £37 on Glogg, Egg Snog Lip Balm, Snowshowers Jelly & Randy Butter.

π

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:28 am 
Writes Vegan Haiku

bluedawg wrote:
i have dark blonde hair as well, and i have noticed zilch as far as color-results. i've used marilyn twice (once i left it on for like 45 minutes i think, the other time i left it on for a few hours) and it smells nice and conditions well, but i didn't notice any change in color at all.

Thanks for sharing! That bums me out--it's a little pricey for 'meh' results. Maybe I'll see if I can get a sample....

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:42 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

jojo wrote:

Let us know how it is! I'm sorely tempted to buy it.,. or drop mega hints re: christmas.

I bought the rose jam one last time around, and it has a bit too much of a strong/alcohol-y scent when it goes on, which gives me a bit of a headache, so it has sat mostly unused.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:48 am 
Nailed to the V

jojo wrote:
teacup wrote:
Rosie wrote:

Rosie

Ooof, you've sold me. I adore the shower gel so if I could smell like that all day I would be a happy little lady.

Let us know what the snow fairy is like :)

It sucks that you can't try them in store or order a sample, £25-30 is a lot of money to spend hoping that it's going to smell nice :s
I may just have to get them all and put it on a credit card!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:38 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Ooh I'd love some Rose Jam perfume. I have a job right near a Lush today....

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:39 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I'll try the rose jam at the next opportunity, but it can't woo me away from my Breath of God.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:43 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

Snoooowwwwww Fairy. I bought the big bottle of shower gel and each year I can't get enough. I was just in-store visiting a friend who works there and she gave me a neck massage with the Snow Fairy massage bar and now I smell edible.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:22 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

I love the Rudolph face mask! It is so lovely and makes my skin soft and clear rather than dry and irritated like most masks.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:48 pm 
Who's Ted Leo?

i want to smell the scents in store first....i hope this is an option.

i saw this story about lush vs amazon today:
http://www.ecouterre.com/lush-cosmetics ... ringement/

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:49 pm 
Saggy Butt

My order arrived!
The egg snog lip balm is delicious and the Randy Butter smells divine!

π

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:33 am 

I got my Snow Fairy! It's amazing, just like the shower gel but the scent lasts longer. I went out for dinner the other night and the waitress said our table smelled amazing, like sweeties, and I was like "that'd be me"!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:10 am 
Ninja Master

jojo wrote:
I got my Snow Fairy! It's amazing, just like the shower gel but the scent lasts longer. I went out for dinner the other night and the waitress said our table smelled amazing, like sweeties, and I was like "that'd be me"!

I'm so sad, I saw your pic on Instagram and didn't know it was limited edition and it's already gone! :(

I keep trawling ebay for a snow fairy dupe soap fragrance so I can make my own but so far I've come up short. I have found a honey I washed the kids dupe though so I might have to settle for that, because I used to love that as a solid perfume.

The santa lip scrub apparently tastes like cola cubes but it's not marked as vegan. I am not 100% sure why not from the ingredients, but my guess would be the coconut milk powder might also have some dairy in!?

Quote:
Castor Sugar, Extract of Cherries and Dates, Coconut Milk Powder, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, Persian Lime Oil, Aniseed Oil, Black Pepper Oil, Benzoin Resinoid, Poppy Red Lustre, Snowflake Lustre, *Citral, *Geraniol, *Linalool, Flavour, Colour 45370, Colour 45410, Red Edible Hearts

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:01 am 

baps wrote:
jojo wrote:

I'm so sad, I saw your pic on Instagram and didn't know it was limited edition and it's already gone! :(

I keep trawling ebay for a snow fairy dupe soap fragrance so I can make my own but so far I've come up short. I have found a honey I washed the kids dupe though so I might have to settle for that, because I used to love that as a solid perfume.

The santa lip scrub apparently tastes like cola cubes but it's not marked as vegan. I am not 100% sure why not from the ingredients, but my guess would be the coconut milk powder might also have some dairy in!?

Quote:
Castor Sugar, Extract of Cherries and Dates, Coconut Milk Powder, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, Persian Lime Oil, Aniseed Oil, Black Pepper Oil, Benzoin Resinoid, Poppy Red Lustre, Snowflake Lustre, *Citral, *Geraniol, *Linalool, Flavour, Colour 45370, Colour 45410, Red Edible Hearts

My guess would be that the red edible hearts have cochineal.

I'm sad about the Snow Fairy selling out already too, I want everyone who wants it to have it! They still have all of the other new scents but people seem to have gone crazy for SF!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:36 pm 
Who's Ted Leo?

i got a sample of sympathy for the skin.....now there needs to be sympathy for my wallet...i need this stuff! the smell is so yummy!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:22 pm 
Lubes With Earth Balance

Ran into Lush the other day to grab some shampoo, conditioner, and body wash since all I brought to Ireland with me were some travel size containers that I only meant to last a few days (and save on weight in my luggage). I nabbed a big bottle of Ponche for 50% off, and small bottles of Sylvia Stout and Veganese...

Oh man... is it ever going to be tough when I go home. Lush is so much less expensive here (even with the conversion rate!). I think I'll probably end up going back for a few more goodies...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 45  Next