| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2936 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 118  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hey look! A general makeup thread!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:24 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Do you mean the BB cream in the tube?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:45 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Oh! I forgot they had more than one. I was referring to the one in the tube.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:11 am 
Naked Under Apron

Yeah I use the one in the tube. And I never even noticed the shimmer! I checked today, and saw some on my fingers after I put it on, but don't really see it on my face. Maybe a bit in the sun... so I guess it really is like a teen vampire glow, heh.

I think this one is my current favorite. I like it better when my skin is in better shape, otherwise I'm wanting more coverage, but usually it's fine.

I vaguely remember the Ole one making me way too shiny. Not shimmery, more of a greasy shine. And maybe too orange. So that's probably why I never followed up with them.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:12 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

you know how sometimes people are talking about something that seems to be common knowledge to all of them, but you don't get it (but think you should), but you don't want to ask because it exposes you for all of your ignorance? Well, that's me right now. How is selling products in China not vegan? Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:38 pm 

Chinese laws require animal testing for consumer safety.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:45 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

Oh. Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:29 am 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Glittersniffer is trying to sell on etsy again, which is a big no-no because all other reasons aside, she was kicked off of etsy. So please report her shop. Also I don't know how she's accepting paypal since her account was suspended for fraud.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/GlittersnifferShop

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:26 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

ick...reported!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:45 am 
Chip Strong

mrsbadmouth wrote:
Glittersniffer is trying to sell on etsy again, which is a big no-no because all other reasons aside, she was kicked off of etsy. So please report her shop. Also I don't know how she's accepting paypal since her account was suspended for fraud.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/GlittersnifferShop

Ugh. I reported it, but etsy is so bad about enforcing their own rules so who knows if they'll do anything.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:54 am 

I've never reported anything before, but I reported it. I hope I did it right!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:24 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

etsy sucks about reports. i cannot believe she is at it again...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:32 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Who is this person?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:46 pm 

Oh man, it's a lot to explain, but:

http://www.lipsticksandlightsabers.com/ ... art-1.html

Sold unsafe, unsanitary, repackaged products and claimed to be all vegan while using carmine, and ripped off many people.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:20 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

jessilikewhoa wrote:
I forgot to post this the other day, but I ordered one of the Apocalipsticks from Lunatick Cosmetics Labs, and it's awesome. It's packaged in a click pen, and at first I was like "what? nawww." but it's actually really nice. Super pigmented so you don't need much at all, stays put to the point where I only had to reapply like twice wearing it all day and eating with it on. It reminds me a lot of the OCC Lip Tars, but in a far more travel convenient package. The one I bought was Violet Shock, which is the perfect bright purple, and I plan to order more as soon as I have spending money again. She also has a talc free setting powder that she said is comparable to the Make Up Forever HD powder, where it's just straight up finely milled silica, and it's only $13.

There's a 15% off sale on everything until Friday. It doesn't look like there's a code, so I dunno if the discount just gets applied at checkout or what, but she's super fast about answering messages on facebook.

I also got my first makeup brush from Royal and Langnickel today, from their Revolution line, and holy crepe is it well made.

if you want 100% silica: http://www.tkbtrading.com/item.php?item ... gory_id=13

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:14 pm 
WELFARIST!

Sorry if this has been talked about before but I need a good black eyeshadow (without glitter) that is also not going to cost me a crepe ton of money. The biggest issue with the cheaper brands is that they're not highly pigmented and end up coming out greyish or too light.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:25 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Quick question: Lime Crime is not Glitter Sniffer right? For some reason LC has been stuck in my head as a bad company. I don't know anything though.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:41 pm 
WELFARIST!

From what I remember, Lime Crime is another bad company (if not, the same one). I get all of the bad company stories mixed up but I know for sure that LC was one of them.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:36 pm 
Saggy Butt

Can someone please teach me how to wear eyeshadow? I've been trying to wear it and I'm having a hard time making it work.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:02 pm 

Lime Crime is a different type and level of suck, but they also did the repackaging thing and had the the nerve to charge something like 1000% mark-up.

Actually I just remembered that we had a thread about the recall and Lime Crime, so i'm going to move that conversation over here:

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=5270&hilit=glitter+sniffer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:07 pm 

Tzippy wrote:
Can someone please teach me how to wear eyeshadow? I've been trying to wear it and I'm having a hard time making it work.

Melisser made a great basic tutorial a few years back, unfortunately UD and Smashbox aren't cruelty-free anymore (and it turns out that primer was never vegan), but it's so basic that you can easily swap products:

Blend like a mug, and the best time to practice makeup is at night before you're going to wash your face anyway, so that way if you hate it, it's coming off anyway! Also it's easier to add than it is to take away, so always tap your brush off after dipping into your shadow.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:40 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Thanks, glad I asked.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:29 am 
Ninja Master

Mr. Shankly wrote:
Sorry if this has been talked about before but I need a good black eyeshadow (without glitter) that is also not going to cost me a crepe ton of money. The biggest issue with the cheaper brands is that they're not highly pigmented and end up coming out greyish or too light.

As far as I know, one of the blackest ones you can buy is Makeup Geek's Corrupt. They are cruelty free but you'd have to email them about veganness, as it does say may contain carmine in the ingredients list.

Also, Sugarpill's Bulletproof is vegan and their eyeshadows are AWESOME! Although I can't vouch for how black it is, because I don't have it (I have a tonne of matte blacks in various Sleek palettes, so I've never bothered replacing my old MAC Carbon e/s).

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:20 am 

Do you guys remember Jane cosmetics? I completely forgot about them until the were mentioned in an Ulta email.

http://search.ulta.com/nav/brand/Jane%20Cosmetics/0

A lot of the stuff looks OK?

http://quickcheapandpretty.blogspot.com/2012/10/response-from-jane-cosmetics-re-animal.html Here's their response to a blogger about animal testing and whether or not their products are vegan.

I'm not sure what I think. Has anyone used them since they came back out? They were one of my favorites...um...15 years ago?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:30 am 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

I used to love Jane cosmetics back in the day! I picked up one of their lipglosses when I was at Ulta a few weeks back, and I like it. The ingredients look vegan-friendly, at least according to the listing on the Ulta website (http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/product ... d=cat80060) and it's a surprisingly pigmented and long-lasting lipgloss. If I hadn't misplaced it in my recent move, I'd take photos for you.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:12 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

Has anyone ordered from the All Natural Face before who could give me product recommendations? I bought a $25 Groupon for $50 worth of cosmetics months ago and just realized it expires in two days, whoops. I'm super-duper pale, blue eyes, light brown hair, oily/combo skin.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2936 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 118  Next