| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:25 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: So our landlord sucks and there was a lot of mould in our ba
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:55 pm 
Saggy Butt

Due to the damp and all that, and I was sick of it, so cleaned it off yesterday, and today i'm uber ill, like throwing up and really dizzy and that. So is it like...mould poisoning? Because I was thick and didn't use gloves or anything!

Profile WWW  

Post subject: Re: So our landlord sucks and there was a lot of mould in ou
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:56 pm 
Semen Strong

You could also be having a reaction to the cleaning products.

I would go to the doctor, especially given your fragile health situation, you really shouldn't take any risks.

Alien wrote:
The illness I have sits in my bloodstream and attacks my lungs whenever it sees fit. It gets into my lungs (or whatever organ is weakest, which is my lungs) when they’re weaker than usual, which is when i get chest infections, which is quite regularly. It then forms this huge ball of mould that will eventually just shut them down. Theres no known thing that definitely cures the mould, but sometimes it reduces with anti-fungals, steroids, or just on its own. I had something in my lungs that basically said 50/50 I would either die by february or it would fix itself. And it fixed itself.

However, this mould thing is still very threatening to my health, and basically it can be pretty much predicted that bar horrible accidents, this is the thing that will kill me. I can get chest infections from just getting a cold, or breathing in too much cold air, and that straight away can put the mould back in my lungs, and then that time it might not go away, and it might shut down my breathing. So yeah.

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

Last edited by Tofulish on Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:35 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

A friend of mine got really sick after cleaning up unreasonably large amounts of mold-with no prior allergies. Call your doctor. She ended up in the hospital with a lung infection.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:54 pm 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

And in the future, a mask and good ventilation is way more important than gloves. Gloves are just there to protect you from whatever you're using to clean the mold.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:33 pm 
Saggy Butt

my main thoughts here are the landlord knows this mould is present in our tiny bathroom and he lets us walk around near it all the time. having googled 'black mould infection' and found out what it can do to people...ugh. especially if i'm being advised to clean it wearing a mask! i've hurled a fair few times and only drunk a little but i'm feeling a bit better after sleeping lots. Gonna phone the nhs helpline methinks.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:04 pm 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

Yes, phone the nhs helpline or go to he hospital now especially as you already have a disease in your bloodstream which causes possibly life threatening mould in your lungs.

Not-For-Profit Cupcakes: Operation Icing.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:03 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

Yikes! I hope you feel better soon! I agree with everyone else and think you should go see a doc asap...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:22 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Alien wrote:
my main thoughts here are the landlord knows this mould is present in our tiny bathroom and he lets us walk around near it all the time. having googled 'black mould infection' and found out what it can do to people...ugh. especially if i'm being advised to clean it wearing a mask! i've hurled a fair few times and only drunk a little but i'm feeling a bit better after sleeping lots. Gonna phone the nhs helpline methinks.

Wasn't your terminal illness caused by mold? Bravo for using your dying moments to take out the mustard who killed you.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:41 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

hoveringdog wrote:
Alien wrote:

Wasn't your terminal illness caused by mold? Bravo for using your dying moments to take out the mustard who killed you.

haha !!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:06 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Years ago my parent's house had a mold problem that we didn't know about for a long time. Whenever I would come home from college I would start feeling sick within an hour of being there. Anyway, they eventually had someone investigate and they found out it was a mold problem in the laundry-room wall....mold that's really bad for you. That whole section of the house had to be quarantined with plastic sheeting and the wall had to be knocked down and the laundry room completely re-done, and any porous items that were in that room and the next had to be disposed of. Pretty serious!

Honestly, I wouldn't trust that simply cleaning up the visible mold is enough! If your landlord doesn't take action, I would consider moving and also reporting them.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:54 am 
Thinks chickens are assholes

hoveringdog wrote:
Alien wrote:

I have such a boner for you right now H-Dog.

Amnesia now Alien? Or just bullshititis?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:47 pm 
stop: can't. won't. don't.

boner chain: me > fezza > hdog

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:32 pm 
Dead by dawn

I see it more like a boner tree. HDog is the roots, fezza is the trunk, and we all branch out from there.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:35 pm 

monkeytoes wrote:
I see it more like a boner tree. HDog is the roots, fezza is the trunk, and we all branch out from there.

Yeah, and guess where those mustard squirrels have just hidden their nuts O.O

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:36 pm 
Chard Martyr

boner chain and boner tree are my favorite phrases now!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:10 pm 
Has Isa on speed dial

Urgh, nasty. My landlord also sucked, and I had a whole wall of paint-peeling off mould. When he came round to look at it he basically said that I'd caused it by breathing too much 'and having people round'. Who breathed.
Hope you feel better soon.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:24 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Orange, would your landlord prefer you have zombies over? My understanding is they're hell on carpets.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:22 pm 
protein lump

ijustdiedinside wrote:
boner chain and boner tree are my favorite phrases now!

right?!? i'm going to try to use them in a sentence every day!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:38 pm 
Saggy Butt

i thought at the time of cleaning that aspergillus was the only mould that can do you bad from walls, and that as i already have it it's probably less dangerous for me to clean it then other people in the house?
i didnt know anything about the black mould lark but its scaring me now!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:49 pm 

Nope, still doesn't make sense. You're asthmatic with a "fatal lung disease" which is in "remission" (or something), why would you do anything to risk the health of your lungs? Why would you move into a house with mould? Why would your family & friends let you? Why even bother going back to University at the same time that you were telling PPKers you would die by February? When did the odds become 50/50, weren't the your odds worse on the old boards?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:51 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

Well this is uncomfortable.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:52 pm 
Semen Strong

Fezza-ronica Mars.

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:56 pm 
Saggy Butt

i'm not meant to go out if the temperature is below 5 degrees, and its ALWAYS below 5 degrees. I'm not meant to go up stairs, ffs. At some point you have to decide what you're going to do and how long you're going to last living in a bubble if it doesnt even count as life. i'm not sure how many illnesses are killing you, but if you wanna go ahead and accuse me of lying about my death some more, go ahead.
i didn't see the mould (in the house) as a big thing as i was told it would be gone, and as i said, i already have the damn disease and cant see it getting to a point where its much worse.i hate my life at home and don't get on with any of the family i have left in bournemouth, meaning being in bath and around friends was the best choice at the time, so i came back here. the odds have bounced around ridiculously, as have the severities of the illness, because the nhs is a bunch of kumquats. case in point that we got a phone call about my grandma from a hospital saying theres 'something wrong with her blood' two months after she died of luekemia.
anything else, hun?

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:57 pm 

Tofulish wrote:
Fezza-ronica Mars.

Curiouser & curiouser!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:09 pm 

Alien wrote:
i'm not meant to go out if the temperature is below 5 degrees, and its ALWAYS below 5 degrees. I'm not meant to go up stairs, ffs. At some point you have to decide what you're going to do and how long you're going to last living in a bubble if it doesnt even count as life. i'm not sure how many illnesses are killing you, but if you wanna go ahead and accuse me of lying about my death some more, go ahead.
i didn't see the mould (in the house) as a big thing as i was told it would be gone, and as i said, i already have the damn disease and cant see it getting to a point where its much worse.i hate my life at home and don't get on with any of the family i have left in bournemouth, meaning being in bath and around friends was the best choice at the time, so i came back here. the odds have bounced around ridiculously, as have the severities of the illness, because the nhs is a bunch of kumquats. case in point that we got a phone call about my grandma from a hospital saying theres 'something wrong with her blood' two months after she died of luekemia.
anything else, hun?

I've been mostly housebound and bedridden for the past 13 years, asthmatic & have problems with mould (amongst other health conditions), which is why I run a dehumidifier and wouldn't touch mould without precautions. So I do have some experience with what you're talking about.

It's not just me that's confused, other people have been calling you out on it but you've been ignoring them. If so many people are unsure what to think you must be doing something to cause that, maybe you should have a wee think about that. You've said on your blog that you're not dying any more but now again you are.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next