| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:14 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3602 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131 ... 145  Next
 Post subject: Re: Weight loss peeps - where you at?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:49 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Congrats guys!!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:31 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

dropscone wrote:
ijustdiedinside wrote:
I'm doing really well so far. I've lost 8 pounds in 5 weeks. I'm really just managing my portion sizes and not mindlessly snacking and it's really working for me. I know it won't stay this easy for much longer, so I'm just trying to let my success so far help me feel more motivated to work extra hard later. I really really need to start exercising. I always have an excuse, but I just need to start.

Well done!

Thanks, you too!

Stupid halloween weekend is kinda screwing everything up this week, but I'm going to try to not overdo it without depriving myself.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:38 am 
Naked Under Apron

ijustdiedinside wrote:
I really really need to start exercising. I always have an excuse, but I just need to start.

Me too. I don't know when I got it in my head that exercise was optional, but damn if that isn't a hard thing to change. I've always been like "eh, I'm not into running, or lifting..." or whatever else, as if they're just hobbies. I really need to accept that to be healthy, you have to sweat on a regular basis. Right now all I do is walk the dog (sloooowly- she has to sniff everything).

Good job on your progress so far!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:24 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

agree great job to dropscone and ijdi!

i really have to kick it in and you know, try again. hubs left 5 (6?) months ago and he'll be home in just over 3 months and I'm exactly where I am when he left.

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:55 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I finally braved the weighing scales. I'm up 10lbs in less than 3 months. It was a wake up call and I have my lunches and dinners for the work week already made so there will be no straying towards to quick and high calorie stuff. I also went and bought a good supply of fruit from Aldi in the 59c section so I will be snacking a lot more healthy too.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:50 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

halloween week is hard! i gained last week and probably will gain again this week, but hopefully i can get back on track. it's very easy for me to eat proper portion sizes and stick to lower fat, mostly vegetables foods when it's just me and my husband, but hanging out with friends and eating meals makes it pretty hard. i had some good willpower tonight and asked my friend to take home some dessert she brought over. I was fine with eating it tonight, but i know if the leftovers were here, i'd just snack on them. whatever snacks I have in the house, I will eat, so the best thing for me is to just keep em out of the house. i need to buy more fruit, too! grapes make it much easier to pass up the really sweet stuff.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:26 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Fruit does make it easier alright! I've been eating fruit for my mid-morning break at work and it has helped with the sugar cravings.

I couldn't weight myself today because the battery is gone in the weighing scales. I should be down a bit because I've been fairly well behaved over the past week. I've lunches and dinners for this week sorted out and lots of fruit in again so I should be able to behave for the week ahead.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:09 pm 
Inflexitarian

I'm doing terrible. My arthritis has really kicked into high gear so I go put back on steroids. I've already put a bunch of weight on (which feels like mostly water weight but still) and I feel icky. And the pain isn't much better!

I need to refocus but stress in my life is really high so I keep letting that get to me.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:07 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I've been maintaining within a pound for a month or so now, but I'm really wanting to make it down at least another 4 pounds so I'm comfortable in my belly when I sit and my pants fit a little nicer around the waist/hips. I just joined the YMCA today with my boyfriend, so I think working out should get me there without too much change in what I eat. I do have to get tested for pre-diabetes this month, so maybe I will be changing my food, anyway. I've been trying to limit snacking to prevent gain and that seems to be working.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:47 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

I've not made this my priority and gained 5 pounds. Urgh. Is it okay if I start posting in this thread every day, guys, to keep myself accountable? I dont want to start a whole new blog for this..

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:24 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Post away! I started a blog to keep myself motivated but it's not working very well. I've been busy and went on a short two day vacation. It's been a weeks since I worked out and I haven't been tracking what I'm eating at all.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:27 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

post away veganinberlin! It's all support here :)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:36 pm 
Writes Vegan Haiku

I am new to this plant based diet and trying to lose weight at the same time. I took the horrifying step of weighing myself for the first time in about 10 yrs. LOL So I am on week 2 of vegan (or plant based........slightly different, right?) and enjoying it a lot. I notice that the nuts are my biggest temptation. All these recipes ask for cashews and other nuts so I stocked up. Now it's really easy to pop a handful in my mouth. Moderation.......balance....this is what I'm striving for. Trying to fill up on the veggies. Trying new recipes. I'm having fun and have probably lost a few pounds but I think I will only weigh about once a month so I don't obsess. I was really excited that Isa has her Make It Vegan book as a free download today. Appetite for Reduction is next on my list. And then Isa Does It. Can't wait!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:17 am 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

Nuts are actually a pretty good snack for weightloss. They keep you feeling full, and they're relatively full of good nutrients compared to most other snacks. I've been steadily losing weight while eating handfuls of almonds and hazelnuts as my midmorning snack. Don't know what kind of research they base it on, but the Worlds Healthiest Foods website is always banging on about regular consumption of nuts increasing people's lifespan as well.

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:36 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

I can't eat nuts as a snack. A snack for me is about 100 calories, maybe up to 200 and in nuts that's hardly anything. I love cooking with nuts, but snacking on them not so much. They leave me hungry.

Yesterday was good until the junk food craving hit in the evening. I don't know how to get rid of that. I only had a few gummy bears but it still wasn't worth it. And for lunch I had granola & soy milk and it really wasn't satisfying at all. I need to eat more salads and soups and less bread because I need more filling and satisfying stuff. Less "oh, so this is how much I get for 400 calories? Measly"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:31 am 
Ninja Master

I'm struggling to get motivated again but I've gained and it's annoying because clothes are starting to feel tight. So I want to get back into a better eating routine.

I made a big pot of soup last night so that I wouldn't go and buy something crappy from the supermarket for lunch.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:44 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I've gained back almost 10 pounds. Really annoyed with myself right now! I went on a bender a few weeks ago and I haven't been exercising or tracking food.

But I have bokwa tonight for the first time in two weeks. Just need to get at it again.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:47 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

A pair of pants that I put on two weeks ago were too tight to wear to work and gave me awful camel toe. I want to wear them to work tomorrow so I tried them on. They fit. Snug, but able to move freely in them. Going to meal plan for next week this evening so I can stick with this change in eating.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:03 pm 
Thinks Plants Have Feelings

I need to lose weight!!!!

Helen Keller

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:05 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Ok, welcome!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:27 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

yesterday was fine until I overate at dinner. I think it was mostly an emotional thing because I certainly didn't need 300 extra calories of roasted vegetables. My stomach hurt afterwards.

Why do I always want to eat after dinner when I'm not hungry?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:08 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

VeganinBerlin wrote:
yesterday was fine until I overate at dinner. I think it was mostly an emotional thing because I certainly didn't need 300 extra calories of roasted vegetables. My stomach hurt afterwards.

Why do I always want to eat after dinner when I'm not hungry?

I used to have a cup of tea after dinner (herbal), and that kind of helped. Do you crave sweets after dinner, or more dinner?

I'm not actively trying to lost weight anymore, but I've been gaining recently, and I'd like that to stop now, please. I think once I get into a regular workout schedule it'll be fine, but man, I hate that slow creep up. I've seen it a lot, but consistency with exercise really is vital. That being said, can't beat yourself up about it either.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:19 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

That creep up happens so fast! I hate it. Two weeks of a busy schedule, no workouts, and not time to think about food and BAM I gain back 10 pounds. It's jacked up.

I had bokwa last night and it was tough getting through it. I just didn't have the energy and my knees and calves were bothering me. I also started therapy again yesterday. It was a tough day. But I'm hoping that if I finally once and for all deal with my emotional weight then I can really start making headway with my literal weight.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:23 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Good for you, Graciakai! That sounds like an exhausting day, but I really hope it helps (and I think it will). It's so important to take good care of yourself inside and out.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:30 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Thanks! It's time, I'm 31 and I feel like I've wasted so much time being miserable because of my weight and emotional baggage. I don't want to waste anymore of my life.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3602 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131 ... 145  Next