| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 441 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: Vegan Beauty Box
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:56 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

missmuffcake wrote:
The PV box was not the best not the worst (maybe the pretty packaging saved it). I have not used anything yet...I am not really into seeing samples listed under the $1 price point.

yeah it's not too bad, also not great. I'm also not really into the little skincare samples, and the lip cream is way too light but I guess it's decent just as a semi-gloss type thing. I also am a bit annoyed by the raw bar, but the perfume samples are really nice. So I'm giving it another month at least.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:12 am 
WRETCHED

I think they put the value on the perfume samples as $30... umm no. I haven't tried them but no :) I'd rather get 2 full size items and 2 samples than get 1 full size item and 3 samples.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:26 am 
Who's Ted Leo?

the shampoo was not great, it did not lather or anything. i had to use the whole packet + some of my other shampoo to make my hair feel clean. my hair is soft but that could be a coincidence because i used extra conditioner.

i used one of the gel caps, i liked the smell but i have so many face oils that it is nothing new. i gave the other to my mama...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:08 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

huh, did you get gel caps? All I got were some little foil packets of eye cream I think, along with the shampoo/conditioner. Also, agreed, the shampoo/conditioner was way too little an amount to even test out properly.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:58 am 
Who's Ted Leo?

i got two gel caps (2 sample cards), they were in foil backing on a cardboard package.

i like the concept of the boxes. i think it is best to try & say how you feel about the products when it survey time. i hope that the owner takes the comments/reviews to heart.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:45 pm 
WRETCHED

The shampoo lathered for me but I've also been washing my hair every day due to having some 'issues' with my scalp right now. The shampoo smelled weird, almost like honey? The conditioner smelled like maple syrup? I wasn't really pleased with either but it was ok to try.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:15 pm 
Who's Ted Leo?

the smell was nothing that really stood out to me...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:14 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

i got my vegancuts box! there's a bunch of stuff in it that i'm excited to try (including a deodorant that i've already used and had excellent luck with), but i'm curious about whether we'll all get the same nail polish color. holler at your girl if you like pinky reds and you have something blue/purple to get rid of, heh.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:29 am 
Who's Ted Leo?

tried the pv lip gloss - yup no color...it is nice but it needs to be layered!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:04 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

This is definitely my least favorite Vegan Cuts box so far, but I still don't hate it. I got lavender soap, which is not my favorite scent and then the deodorant is lavender as well. And I don't understand sending out a body shimmer in November. Even though it has a sifter sticker, it seems that the powder was packed in a hurry because there was glitter shimmer all over the outside of the container and some of the other stuff in the box.

Also holy shiitake, the sifter is barely in there! I just peeled the sticker back and the whole sifter flew up and now my desk is covered in powder.

The value is still high because the lip balm is $10, and the Medusa's powder and brush are $22.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:36 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

I haven't opened my body shimmer yet, but mine had glittery powder all over the outside too... thankfully not a huge mess. Also I have no intention of using it as intended - I will most likely use it as an eyeshadow - but I agree that it seems seasonally weird. Maybe they were thinking that the holiday season = glitter? My nail polish was the pinky-red one too, bluedawg! Not a color I wear often but it looks really pretty. I'm happy with this box - I've been wanting to try that Pacifica lip stuff, the deodorant smells awesome (I like lavender), and I can always use a little travel kabuki for my makeup bag. No complaints.

"I'm now officially wafflesexual." - booberthefraggle

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:56 pm 

I look up Vegan Cuts unboxings to try and find new youtubers, and this girl opens and tries hers and you can see all of the glitter flying all over the place and her sifter comes out too, around 2:00:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nd6G-iNXIs

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:08 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I got my Vegan Cuts box today. Another Fantastic Fox lip balm! I probably wouldn't mind lip balm if I liked the brand. I did like the little bottles of Color Club nail polish. I like the eye shadow color - I got a dusty rose. There's soap which I don't need more of. I like the little pouch that came with it with a snowman on it but I don't have anytuse for it. Maybe I can put together a travel makeup kit?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:28 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

I haven't gotten my box yet, but I'm bummed that there's another Fanciful Fox lip balm in there. I don't really like the formula and I already have three, all of which came from VC boxes.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:33 pm 

Hopefully for the rest of us, it's a replacement item because a girl I follow on twitter/instagram already got hers (she lives in the town they pack and ship from) and her lip balm is in a round tube, I can't read the company name but it doesn't look like FF.

Do you guys fill out the product surveys they send after every box? I do and I straight up listed all of the reasons I thought the Medusa's Makeup powder was utter balls. Definitely tell them about how many FF lip balms you've gotten. If they're going to use something for a replacement item it should be something a little easier to use up, like the BWC shampoo minis. I would be choking someone if I had 3-4 of the same lip balm, in addition to the other lip products, even if I did like it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:40 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I haven't gotten any survey from them except once on a snack box.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:47 pm 

This month's survey link was in an email called 'November Beauty To-Do's', so sometimes it's not very obvious. I always look for them because they randomly draw for a free box out of the respondants.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:41 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Yeah, I always fill out the surveys. I will mention it for sure if I get another FF lip balm.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:00 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Okay, I got my box. This is the first one I've been pretty "meh" about. I got a mineral shadow sample (at least I'm assuming it's a sample, there's very little in the jar), two facial wipes, a sample of black soap, two everyday minerals sample pouches (blush and finishing powder), yet another Fanciful Fox lip balm, a little pouch with a dolphin or a whale on it, and a set of mini color club nail polishes. The polishes are nice and I'll use most of the other stuff, but overall it just didn't thrill me. And I'm a little irritated that I now have three of those Fanciful Fox balms in the same flavor when I don't even like them very much. Oh well. Not every box can light my world on fire.

If anyone wants my little dolphin/whale pouch, I'd be happy to send it to you. I don't really have a use for it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:27 am 
protein lump

this is my first box! i got a lip balm, but it wasn't FF, it's something like jersey shore. yep, i just checked, jersey shore sun. i'm sort of bummed that i didn't get a FF one, because i do like their lip balm.

anyway, amanda, if you don't want that pouch, i'll take it! let me know what you want in return (do you have a diva cup? i can make you a diva cup cthulhu!)
my pouch is pink and has a flower on it and i was like, um. no. so i put it in michael's stocking.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:45 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

Esme, the pouch is yours! I will also send you my FF lip balm if you want it. I don't need another one. PM me your address!

I do have a diva cup and it might need a cthulu? Maybe?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:52 am 
protein lump

yay pm'd!

so i didn't get the blush. do i need to tell them that? i just got the finishing powder.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:54 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

I would let them know. They'll probably put something extra in your next box.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:29 pm 

Yeah, if you get an item not listed on the card you tell them and they send you a form to fill out and then you get something extra in your next box. I got a BWC lipstick that way, but it was the worst color in the history of the world so in my mind, they still owe me.

I got the FF lip balm too. I literally said out loud 'son of a forking bisque'. It's going into my not-quite-brother-in-laws stocking.

My pouch has a mushroom on it. I'm not sure what i'm going to do with it.

I laughed at the eyeshadow because...they make smaller jars for samples. It just seems like a waste of a jar.

Also I can vouch that esme's diva cup holders are awesome. Mine hangs in my closet. It took Brian something like six months to realize that's where my diva cup was hanging out (but before we moved it was hanging on the back of our bedroom door so I don't know what he was being so weird about).

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:49 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Yeah, that sample jar was just... no. It makes the sample look disappointing because the jar is 90% empty.

The pouches are cute, but I never found a use for the one they sent in the first box, so I definitely don't need another one.

I'm excited for a diva cup holder! Mine still lives in the little flowered bag it came with, stuffed inside a drawer in my bathroom.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 441 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 18  Next