| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 439 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: Meetup! NYC! Babies!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:04 am 
Chip Strong

We are walking there now!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:16 am 
Semen Strong

We are parking! See you in the playground!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:50 am 
Semen Strong

We are in the Avenue A playground. I hadn't realized there are 2 :)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:36 pm 
Semen Strong

Epic superfun day with some of my favorite PPKParents and PPKids! Thank you Audrey, Sashi, Butternut and Ariann for coming out with all the awesome kiddos and partners! It is so lovely to get to see these gorgeous little babies grow up to be big kiddos running around the playground like they owned the place!

We started off at Tompkins Square Playground with tons of watery fun, then went over to Pukk for lunch (pad see ew for the win! and really great chicken nuggets!) and topped it off with a trip to the establishment formerly known as Lula's (Blythe said she hadn't settled on a name yet) for some wonderful icecream (I loved the lavender and butterscotch but L preferred the vanilla!).

I always forget just how much fun meet-ups can be and that we need to do them a lot more often!

I didn't bring my camera, and just got this awesome picture of the funtimes we had.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:54 pm 
Chip Strong

I have a similar picture but it involves someone's little naked butt.

We had lots of fun! Both kids slept on the subway ride home. We'll definitely miss these meet ups if we move :-(

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:58 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

So cute!

Babynut was CRAZY on the subway. She was actually upside down giggling and kicking for a lot of it. It was a true toddler wrestling experience!

We had a great time. It was fun seeing everyone!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:10 pm 
Semen Strong

Babynut is amazing! I can't get over how big she has gotten and what a beautiful personality she has. I loved sitting next to her at Pukk - she is just so adorable!

I could go on and on about all the kiddos, really its just amazing to see them get so big and independent! Loved seeing Sierra walking and Dahlia being such a big girl now! Loved Ada, and her glorious curls managing on the big girl swings! Love Alice, who is just beyond precious! And of course you gotta love Malka, who is just the daredeviliest kiddo out there, running through the water in just her diaper! Seriously, we had SO MUCH FUN!

On the drive home, Leela kept asking to go back to the park. You know, for the ten minutes it took for her to pass out.

Last edited by Tofulish on Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:11 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Malka was out within five minutes in the car. We had to cross the park to get back to our car and happenned upon a drum circle so we actually sat and enjoyed for ten more minutes. Malka thought it was very soothing.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:56 am 
Chip Strong

This isn't exactly meetup related, but we want to go either the Caskill or Woodstock sanctuary in the next couple of weeks and aren't sure which one to do. Is either one more toddler friendly? We thought about just staying over night and going to both but I think we'd rather just do a day trip.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:02 am 
Semen Strong

Anyone up for another PPK meet-up? I was thinking we could do one in Sept and one in Oct before it all gets too cold.

We had a brilliant time at Tompkins Square Park, Union Square Park and Madison Square Park and I wouldn't mind going to any of those again. Also, the Hester Street Playground is pretty cool, and close to Veggie Dim Sum :)

Sashi, we went to CAS with JENNA and others when Reno was 3 going on 4, and it was wonderful. Kathy Stevens is a former teacher and she was really engaging with the kids and the walk is very short. So basically you do a very short walk, see a bunch of animals in their pastures (my absolute favorite was getting to pet the piggies!) and then come back up to the Underfoot Barn where the very pettable animals live (we saw some turkeys, goats, horses etc) and you can hang out there and interact with them. There were a bunch of free roaming potbelly pigs who had a ton of personality and were so fun. So I would say CAS should be great, but I haven't been to Woodstock. We are going to for the Animals in Blairstown today to meet animals and Leela has all her animal signs ready to go!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:07 am 
Semen Strong

Oh, if anyone wants to join us at for the Animals, its Herbie's birthday today (Sunday 9/8) from 12 - 4. There should be some other toddlers hanging out too!

Here is the FB page https://www.facebook.com/events/652875514730097/ and the sanctuary site: http://www.fortheanimalssanctuary.org/

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:48 am 
***LIES!!!***

We've been to Woodstock sanctuary and from tofulish's description CAS sounds much more kid friendly.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:33 pm 
Chip Strong

Someone else we met who went to both also said CAS was much better with their toddler. We're planning on going next weekend!

I'd be up for another meetup. So far all of our Sundays are open this month except for this coming weekend.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:03 am 
Semen Strong

Anyone up for a meet-up? We could go to Veggie Dim Sum again!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:10 pm 
Chip Strong

I'd be up for dim sum. When were you thinking?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:25 pm 
Wrote Dissertation on Vegans, Meat, and the Deserted Island Question

mmmm I would love some dim sum! I'm wary of Sierra in restaurants at the moment because she is in full run-around-uncontrollably mode but I'd at least bring Dahlia.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:30 pm 
Semen Strong

What day works for people? I can do any day, really :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:36 pm 
***LIES!!!***

This Sunday morning and next Sunday morning work for me. I have to be back at work 3pm-ish, but they're still the best days. I could also do the Saturday after Thanksgiving. I think I can do any Tuesday from now until the end of the year. My weekends are jam-packed in December, though.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:19 pm 
Chip Strong

Any of those weekend days that Ariann just said would work for us. Tuesdays not so much because it's a school day. Plus I don't really want to take a trip in with both kids by myself if Ada will be skipping her nap :-)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:38 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

We could do this Sunday. Next Sunday I'm not sure. We might still have holiday family obligations. It would be good to squeeze in a meetup before all the December madness.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:37 pm 
Semen Strong

This Sunday sounds like it works for people! Does the Vegetarian Dim Sum House get crazy crowded on weekends - anyone know? http://www.menupages.com/restaurants/ve ... sum-house/ We could eat first and then hit the playground or play first and then eat. Columbus Park is right near the Dim Sum House (3 min walk)...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:27 pm 

ooh this Sunday works for us too! It may even be great timing because I can get the kids outta the house while H continues packing for our move next weekend. Supposed to be crazy cold out though and I bet it'll be crowded, but maybe if we do it earlyish not so bad?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:00 pm 
Semen Strong

I am down for earlyish!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:54 pm 

yeah looks like they open at 10:30, let's go around then maybe. MMm dim sum for breakfast!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:55 pm 
Semen Strong

YES!!!! Anyone else in?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 439 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next