| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:37 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1393 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 ... 56  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The Steam PC gaming thread!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:56 pm 
Online
WRETCHED
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:54 pm
Posts: 8592
Location: Maryland/DC area
I like MMOs and I'll even play a crappy MMO for a few days if it is free.. I just couldn't do that here.

And this is where my shame comes in... I haven't played Skyrim or Oblivion. I've been trying to snag one or both for a while off of steam but haven't seen them low enough. Although I found a blog that says they think it is somewhat similar to Skyrim. And didn't see any cliff racers.

_________________
You are all a disgrace to vegans. Go f*ck yourselves, especially linanil.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Steam PC gaming thread!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:38 pm 
Online
A Bad Person
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:24 pm
Posts: 3038
Location: Soy City
I'm blowing up everyone's Steam feed with my game reviews and I'm only a little sorry about that.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Steam PC gaming thread!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:51 pm 
Online
A Bad Person
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:24 pm
Posts: 3038
Location: Soy City
The autumn sale has started! Hooray!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steam PC gaming!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:46 pm 
Offline
Smuggling Raisins
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:17 pm
Posts: 326
Location: Austin, TX
I didn't expect it to start today. I think I summoned this sale because I just spent all my money on a new gaming laptop for what I plan to buy in the winter sale.

_________________
"Goliath is just too powerful for me in this state! QUICKLY! Blow me up Alterboy!" The Adventures of Catholic Priest Man and his Sidekick Alterboy.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steam PC gaming!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:54 pm 
Online
A Bad Person
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:24 pm
Posts: 3038
Location: Soy City
I wouldn't be concerned. There was an email leaked between Steam and a dev that indicated that since the Autumn sale and the Holiday sale were so close this year, the discounts would be the same for both. So anything you miss in the Autumn sale, you'll probably be able to get for the same price in a couple weeks when the Holiday sale starts.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steam PC gaming!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:57 pm 
Offline
I Wanna Dip My Balls In It
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:37 pm
Posts: 3366
Location: idontevenknowanymore
it's not Steam or PC, but the latest Zelda (A Link Between Worlds) was great.

_________________
reap/sow, risk/reward


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steam PC gaming!
PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:44 am 
Online
WRETCHED
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:54 pm
Posts: 8592
Location: Maryland/DC area
My husband picked up a couple cheap games that I've never heard of. I picked up Skyrim.

_________________
You are all a disgrace to vegans. Go f*ck yourselves, especially linanil.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steam PC gaming!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:24 am 
Online
A Bad Person
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:24 pm
Posts: 3038
Location: Soy City
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet has had GFWL removed and Steam achievements added! It's a lot like Super Metroid!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steam PC gaming!
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:35 pm 
Offline
WELFARIST!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:03 pm
Posts: 5255
Location: Gallifrey
Does anyone want to try to set up a game event to play Killing Floor: Twisted Christmas while it's still going? Would anyone be interested in playing besides me?

_________________
"...anarchists only want to burn cars and punch cops."- nickvicious
"We'll be eating our own words 30 years from now when we're demanding our legislators outlaw aerosol-based cyber dildo-wielding death holograms."- Brian


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steam PC gaming!
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:11 pm 
Offline
Dr Bronners, MD
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:58 pm
Posts: 4728
Location: Santa Cruz whoop whoop
Shufflepuck Cantina is cheap and fun. It hearkens back to the days of the Mac Plus and Amiga, and is quite playable and very easy to lose a lot of time in.

_________________
"Trolling an internet message board, The Greatest Activism Of All." - pandacookie
Вы такие сексапильные, когда злитесь


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steam PC gaming!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:32 am 
Online
A Bad Person
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:24 pm
Posts: 3038
Location: Soy City
Mr. Shankly wrote:
Does anyone want to try to set up a game event to play Killing Floor: Twisted Christmas while it's still going? Would anyone be interested in playing besides me?

I'm going to get this re-installed and maybe we can get something going this weekend. I don't have my KF server setup anymore though, so I guess we're stuck with public servers.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steam PC gaming!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:54 pm 
Offline
Dr Bronners, MD
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:58 pm
Posts: 4728
Location: Santa Cruz whoop whoop
The Luteces won "Character(s) of the Year."


_________________
"Trolling an internet message board, The Greatest Activism Of All." - pandacookie
Вы такие сексапильные, когда злитесь


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steam PC gaming!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:41 pm 
Online
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:21 pm
Posts: 10578
Location: Illinoize
I will always play Killing Floor. Badly.

I still haven't 'beat' Don't Starve. It took me 70+ hours of playing before I even realized that you can win - you build a portal out of those random parts you find (like the gold ring, the tiny box, etc.) and escape. And if you start a new game you can start with all of the stuff your last character left with, minus Chester.

_________________
"The Tree is His Penis"

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steam PC gaming!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:48 pm 
Offline
Dr Bronners, MD
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:58 pm
Posts: 4728
Location: Santa Cruz whoop whoop
mrsbadmouth wrote:
I still haven't 'beat' Don't Starve. It took me 70+ hours of playing before I even realized that you can win - you build a portal out of those random parts you find (like the gold ring, the tiny box, etc.) and escape. And if you start a new game you can start with all of the stuff your last character left with, minus Chester.


Ah ha, I was wondering!

I've gotten 30 or so days in-- I had a bunch of gardens and food and stuff, and then the damned hounds came at night and I couldn't keep them away long enough to get to a swamp where the tentacles would kill them for me.

That's a pretty fun game. I like how it doesn't really tell you anything and just lets you figure it out as you go. (Or it hints. Examine a rabbit hole and you get "This must lead to the kingdom of the bunnymen." ...it does, if you can find a sinkhole.)

_________________
"Trolling an internet message board, The Greatest Activism Of All." - pandacookie
Вы такие сексапильные, когда злитесь


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steam PC gaming!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:38 pm 
Online
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:21 pm
Posts: 10578
Location: Illinoize
I am almost embarrassed by how many hours i've put in, but i'm like, "fork YOU, fork YOU GAME, fork THIS shiitake. [five minutes later] Okay, I can do this."

You can edit the world and I remove the hounds completely. Yet I still die over and over and over and over. My problem is I can't stay near my camp during the winter because i'm fidgety, so I wander out, die somehow, come back on a touchstone, immediately start freezing, die, repeat until all of the touchstones i've activated are gone. When I find a touchstone I immediately craft an axe and drop it there so i'll at least have a weapon, but I don't have enough time to gather resources to make like, a winter hat and a heat stone for every single one.

I think it's cool how big the world is because you can find things for the first time after playing so many times. I just found Maxwell's cemetery for the first time last night, it's full of graves and I play as Woodie so I waited for a full moon so I could transform and munch the graves without losing sanity. The only problem is there's a...not fun surprise after you dig up the last grave. That's now how I died in that one though, I walked past the not-nice pig village and I saw a pile of meat and wool and got greedy and they all killed me in two seconds, then I respawned, then died trying to pick my stuff back up, so on. I also found out that those pigs don't sleep, because I tried waiting for nightfall and that didn't work.

_________________
"The Tree is His Penis"

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steam PC gaming!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:46 pm 
Offline
Dr Bronners, MD
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:58 pm
Posts: 4728
Location: Santa Cruz whoop whoop
Spoilers for Don't Starve. It's more fun to find stuff out the hard way!

Spoiler: show
mrsbadmouth wrote:
You can edit the world and I remove the hounds completely. Yet I still die over and over and over and over. My problem is I can't stay near my camp during the winter because i'm fidgety, so I wander out, die somehow, come back on a touchstone, immediately start freezing, die, repeat until all of the touchstones i've activated are gone. When I find a touchstone I immediately craft an axe and drop it there so i'll at least have a weapon, but I don't have enough time to gather resources to make like, a winter hat and a heat stone for every single one.


Ah ha. I've never gotten far enough from my home camp (wherever I first build a science thingy) that it would take me that long to get back. That and I don't think I've survived into Winter yet... Eesh.

Quote:
I think it's cool how big the world is because you can find things for the first time after playing so many times. I just found Maxwell's cemetery for the first time last night, it's full of graves and I play as Woodie so I waited for a full moon so I could transform and munch the graves without losing sanity. The only problem is there's a...not fun surprise after you dig up the last grave. That's now how I died in that one though, I walked past the not-nice pig village and I saw a pile of meat and wool and got greedy and they all killed me in two seconds, then I respawned, then died trying to pick my stuff back up, so on. I also found out that those pigs don't sleep, because I tried waiting for nightfall and that didn't work.


Ha, interesting, and good to know. I haven't played anyone but the first character yet...

Sooo, I've read that if you eat meat there's a sort of hidden karma counter thing, and nasty things come more at night. Is that true? I've been kind of superstitiously not eating animals. (I heard this because some guy was really pissed off that damn vegetarians were imposing their worldview on video games and how dare they? I thought it was pretty hilarious how annoyed he was about it.) (Also, I love that the game can make me develop my own superstitions...)

So, let me see. I found some kind of robot guy who shot me once. That was pretty freaky. I found a bunch of rocks with tallbird nests-- that game I managed to raid it a few times and get some egg action going, and I managed not to get killed by them. The eggs meant I could live long enough to, uh, get stung by bees or something embarassing like that. The wormholes are interesting. The sinkholes are quite interesting, but I tend to get tired of making torches and just burn down all the trees and run around looking for stuff in the light of blazing underground forests.

Is there a way to defend against the hounds? I built a wall around my camp once, but I left myself a doorway and they found their way in...

_________________
"Trolling an internet message board, The Greatest Activism Of All." - pandacookie
Вы такие сексапильные, когда злитесь


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steam PC gaming!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:03 pm 
Online
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:21 pm
Posts: 10578
Location: Illinoize
solipsistnation wrote:
Spoilers for Don't Starve. It's more fun to find stuff out the hard way!

Spoiler: show
mrsbadmouth wrote:
You can edit the world and I remove the hounds completely. Yet I still die over and over and over and over. My problem is I can't stay near my camp during the winter because i'm fidgety, so I wander out, die somehow, come back on a touchstone, immediately start freezing, die, repeat until all of the touchstones i've activated are gone. When I find a touchstone I immediately craft an axe and drop it there so i'll at least have a weapon, but I don't have enough time to gather resources to make like, a winter hat and a heat stone for every single one.


Ah ha. I've never gotten far enough from my home camp (wherever I first build a science thingy) that it would take me that long to get back. That and I don't think I've survived into Winter yet... Eesh.

Quote:
I think it's cool how big the world is because you can find things for the first time after playing so many times. I just found Maxwell's cemetery for the first time last night, it's full of graves and I play as Woodie so I waited for a full moon so I could transform and munch the graves without losing sanity. The only problem is there's a...not fun surprise after you dig up the last grave. That's now how I died in that one though, I walked past the not-nice pig village and I saw a pile of meat and wool and got greedy and they all killed me in two seconds, then I respawned, then died trying to pick my stuff back up, so on. I also found out that those pigs don't sleep, because I tried waiting for nightfall and that didn't work.


Ha, interesting, and good to know. I haven't played anyone but the first character yet...

Sooo, I've read that if you eat meat there's a sort of hidden karma counter thing, and nasty things come more at night. Is that true? I've been kind of superstitiously not eating animals. (I heard this because some guy was really pissed off that damn vegetarians were imposing their worldview on video games and how dare they? I thought it was pretty hilarious how annoyed he was about it.) (Also, I love that the game can make me develop my own superstitions...)

So, let me see. I found some kind of robot guy who shot me once. That was pretty freaky. I found a bunch of rocks with tallbird nests-- that game I managed to raid it a few times and get some egg action going, and I managed not to get killed by them. The eggs meant I could live long enough to, uh, get stung by bees or something embarassing like that. The wormholes are interesting. The sinkholes are quite interesting, but I tend to get tired of making torches and just burn down all the trees and run around looking for stuff in the light of blazing underground forests.

Is there a way to defend against the hounds? I built a wall around my camp once, but I left myself a doorway and they found their way in...


Spoiler: show
I make multiple fire pits around the world, I usually pick out my home camp by it being not too far from Beefalo, ponds, and pig houses, but not too close to the last two because frogs are mustards and the pigs will sometimes become werepigs and attack you and smash your walls. After I pick that one out, I make a gold shovel as soon as I can, and go out on a few resource gathering missions. When my inventory is full, I go back to base camp and plant/drop off whatever, make some food (I also build a crockpot ASAP, and some drying racks) for a day or two, and go back out.

Your karma goes down for killing innocents, aka any animal that doesn't attack you, but it regains over time. I've never seen it but a Krampus is supposed to show up at your camp and smash any chests you have if your karma gets too low. Killing spiders, frogs, anything that attacks you, doesn't matter. And picking up meat from other animals attacking each other doesn't count. I find a lot of meat when the Beefalos are in heat since they attack anything that moves, or in the marshes the Merms will inevitably make a spiked tentacle pop up, and then the whole mob will attack and they drop fish and frog legs when they're killed. I also goad spiders out of their den when a pig is nearby so they pig will attack them, then they'll attack the pig so I can whack at them without the whole mob bothering me.

You can make a thing called 'tooth traps' from...hounds teeth, of all things and put them in entrances and they'll kill anything in there. Or you can just make sure to put on armour and have a spear equipped when they come. I just got too frustrated trying to play and having to do that every nine days, so I just took them out of the equation.

The thing that shot at you is a chess piece dude, I can't remember their names but the main piece for the teleporter is in the middle of their board so you do have to fight them at some point. I wouldn't even try without a marble suit and some pigs you've gotten to follow you (by feeding them meat, but don't feed them monster meat because that's what turns them into werepigs).


Non-spoilery thing: I am genuinely afraid of the tallbirds. They freak the shiitake out of me!

_________________
"The Tree is His Penis"

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steam PC gaming!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:06 pm 
Online
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:21 pm
Posts: 10578
Location: Illinoize
Also I really recommend trying the other characters! They all have their benefits, I like Woodie because he comes with an indestructible axe and 'a terrible secret' which is helpful once you learn how to deal with his hangover. One of the girls has a lighter and the dark doesn't make her sanity drop, and the other girl comes with a flower which you can drop when it opens, and when something dies near it the ghost of her twin sister appears and she'll fight anything that tries to attack you. And if she's killed, you just have to pick the flower up and wait for it to re-bloom.

_________________
"The Tree is His Penis"

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steam PC gaming!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:52 pm 
Offline
Saggy Butt
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:22 am
Posts: 288
Location: Tasmania, Australia
I've been adding stuff to my Steam library thorough Humble bundles, usually I recognise one maybe two of the games and the others are just filling out my Steam library till I decide to find out what they are. Mystery game day!

I picked up the first two Batman games and apparently the DLC for the third Batman - yeah like I'm going to be buying that any time soon. I've been attempting to play the first Batman and I am terrible at being Batman. Just terrible!

I've also attempted to play Terraria, which I think was a steam sale rather than a bundle. I play WOW so I'm quite partial to reviews done by Total Biscuit on You Tube, my sister has been watching playing vids on You Tube of Terraria by Total Biscuit and Jesse Cox. She actually plays Terraria, so I'd hear her watching these videos, I couldn't see her laptop screen to see what was happening. It sounded hilarious, so I've tried playing Terraria myself, I am terrible at this also. Somehow it's just not funny when I play it.

I've kind of become addicted to Pickers which came in a bundle, it's basically a hidden object type game. Then you sell stuff you find and I am kind of excited of seeing just how a ridiculous price I can put in things in my store and actually have them sell. But that's all it does, as much as I love playing it, it gets old very quickly.

And I bought Deadpool in the recent Steam sale, apparently there are bombs, since I fail at being Batman I'm hoping something that has bombs might be about my skill level. :)

_________________
“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” - Oscar Wilde


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steam PC gaming!
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:40 pm 
Offline
WELFARIST!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:03 pm
Posts: 5255
Location: Gallifrey
What is the best day for everyone to play the Killing Floor Christmas event?

And I've read that the Steam Holiday Sale is starting on the 19th.

_________________
"...anarchists only want to burn cars and punch cops."- nickvicious
"We'll be eating our own words 30 years from now when we're demanding our legislators outlaw aerosol-based cyber dildo-wielding death holograms."- Brian


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steam PC gaming!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:55 pm 
Online
A Bad Person
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:24 pm
Posts: 3038
Location: Soy City
My new video card came and it's everything I could've ever dreamed of!

Weeknights are not good for me for Killing Floor, but Friday nights are pretty good, and weekends. Between Christmas and New Year's, I'll be on vacation and entirely available for video games!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steam PC gaming!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:06 pm 
Offline
WELFARIST!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:03 pm
Posts: 5255
Location: Gallifrey
When it comes to the weekend, Sundays are usually better for me. I just need to go to sleep kind of early because I need to wake up early for work the next day.

_________________
"...anarchists only want to burn cars and punch cops."- nickvicious
"We'll be eating our own words 30 years from now when we're demanding our legislators outlaw aerosol-based cyber dildo-wielding death holograms."- Brian


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steam PC gaming!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:24 pm 
Online
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:21 pm
Posts: 10578
Location: Illinoize
Tis the season, eh?

Brian and I are spending Christmas Eve alone, so if anyone wants to play games then, that's cool too. We just have to watch Batman Returns at some point.

_________________
"The Tree is His Penis"

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steam PC gaming!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:22 am 
Online
A Bad Person
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:24 pm
Posts: 3038
Location: Soy City
The dirty rumor is that the Steam winter sale will start today. But Amazon's sale has already started! Amazon's sales have been getting as good as Steam, and most of the games will redeem on Steam, so it's usually worth a look.

They've got all three Bioshocks for $15. http://amzn.com/B00DOD0TZG

Or if you want a bazillion hours of replayable games, they've got Civ 4 Complete, Civ 5 Gold, and XCOM Enemy Unknown in a bundle for $15. http://amzn.com/B00CPBZDPE

And all three Max Paynes for $7, which is criminally cheap for Max Payne 2, which is easily the best game of that bunch! http://amzn.com/B00G3K2JEG

Or you could get Aliens: Colonial Marines for $2. I'm not sure why you would do that, but it's there for the taking if you wanted it. (disclaimer: I spent way more than $2 on Aliens: Colonial Marines) http://amzn.com/B009K6YJTS


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steam PC gaming!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:29 pm 
Online
A Bad Person
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:24 pm
Posts: 3038
Location: Soy City
IT HAS BEGUN

Bioshock Infinite just came out in March and it's already down to $10. That is absolutely bonkers to me. I loved it.

Also, there's a card promotion! Like the summer sale, you get snow globe cards from crafting badges, spending money (1 card/$10 spent), and voting on community sales. Community sale votes occur every 8 hours and a card drops on every third vote, so that works out to one card a day, or 15 free cards. Each time you craft a full set of snow globe cards, you get a badge, a holiday emoticon, a profile background, and one of 80 items of varying rarity for free-to-play games on Steam.

Apparently, this badge can be crafted an infinite number of times. Also, the cards will disappear when the sale ends, so you've got to craft, trade, or sell what you've got! And crafting 10 foils will get a foil badge and 5 free-to-play items.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1393 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 ... 56  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Padraigin and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL/ThatBigForum and fancied up by What Cheer