| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:05 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45  Next
 Post subject: Re: A thread about LUSH!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:41 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

missmuffcake wrote:
i got a sample of sympathy for the skin.....now there needs to be sympathy for my wallet...i need this stuff! the smell is so yummy!

i love that stuff! i just finished my first pot of it a little while ago. <3 my problem is that i love too many of the moisturizers, so i tend to rotate. sympathy for the skin, dream cream, coco lotion... YUM.

i totally missed out on the post-holiday BOGO, boo hoo! i wanted to pick up one of the new body lotions (celebrate), which i tried a sample of and LOVED, and a pot of buche de noel, but when i called my local LUSH they were already sold out of *everything* holiday except for three soaps. sad trombone.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:45 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

OMG I love the Celebrate body lotion. I bought a tub earlier in December and I wish I had gotten another. So yum. They better bring it back next year!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:20 pm 
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)

Celebrate smells so good, my sister got some and I wish I had too.

I did manage to pick up some stuff at the half price sale including snow fairy, snow cake soap, candy mountain bubble bars and a couple of bath ballistics.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:25 pm 
Chip Strong

I got celebrate, buche de noel, marilyn (hair treatment), rub rub rub (shower scrub) and sympathy for the skin for Christmas this year. I like the feel of sympathy for the skin and the fragrance sounds really nice, but it's not very strong at all. Which is weird, because usually I don't like very strong smells anyway, but I'd actually like more of a scent with this one. Celebrate doesn't smell very much either, but maybe when I go to use it I'll get more of a sense of it. I'm glad to hear you guys like it, though.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:33 pm 
Who's Ted Leo?

i think celebrate is nice but to thick...maybe it just leaves me feeling clogged...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:16 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

My MIL got me a few goodies along with a Lush gift card for Christmas. My skin is way too sensitive to use anything scented on my body, so I've been using the Snow Fairy body wash she got me as hand soap, and now I can't stop smelling my hands because they totally smell like the sparkly bubblegum toothpaste I used as a little kid.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:59 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

missmuffcake wrote:
i think celebrate is nice but to thick...maybe it just leaves me feeling clogged...

ME TOO. What the hell? It smells so good, it just doesn't sink in right. I miss the Champagne Snow Showers jelly...same beautiful, fizzy, uplifting scent, so fun to use! Maybe it would help if I only use it right after a shower on my still-damp body. I want to love it. :(

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:08 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I'm super pissed at my local LUSH shop today.
I got a product I didn't want (and can't use w/o a bathtub) for Xmas and asked about the possiblity of exchanging it, just to have a super condescending employee tell me I should just go ahead and use it as a foot bath. No, thank you! And I would have been okay with a "no" if it had been delivered in a different way. I used to help out over Xmas and I would have never been rude to customers.
Sadface.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:14 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

missmuffcake wrote:
i got a sample of sympathy for the skin.....now there needs to be sympathy for my wallet...i need this stuff! the smell is so yummy!

This is one of the few Lush products I'm willing to use. Apparently it smells totally yummy to dogs too...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:53 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Got a $25 lush gift card for Christmas, but I haven't had money to spend there in so long I have no idea what to get. Honey I Washed The Kids soap was always my favourite, but obviously that's out now.
I think this occasion calls for new body wash. Mmmmmm body wash......

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:11 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

So excited to use my lush gift card! Any new products within the last few months worth taking a look at? I so wish the ro's argsn body conditioner ACTUALLY did anything, I'm OBSESSED with the smell but it just didn't make my skin any softer.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:45 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

I think pretty much all of my boyfriend's family got the hint that I like stuff from Lush, plus I requested some stuff from my mum, so I'm spoilt for goodies at the moment. I have rose jam shower gel, ro's argan, a bunch of bath bombs/bubble bars, gold fun (which smells like honey I washed the kids, but is vegan), henna and something hair mask, and a few other bits.

I also managed to get a pretty good hoard online half price on boxing day.... snow fairy shower gel, snow fairy bubble wand, sweet pie jelly, eau roma water, a santa shaped sugar scrub, more rose jam shower gel (I'm obsessed) and some more bath bombs.

Mega good times!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:19 pm 
Who's Ted Leo?

I spent like $135 at Lush yesterday.....Ohh no!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:39 pm 
Naked Under Apron

I'm bummed, because I was thinking about Lush earlier today before a rare trip to the kinda-far-away mall, and I thought, "Ooh, I haven't had that Sonic Death Monkey shower gel in ages! I really want to get that!". Then I checked online and saw it had been discontinued. Nooooooo. I used to love that stuff.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:19 pm 
Who's Ted Leo?

I bought super balm - because this winter my scalp is itchy & has a few dry scabs (gross!). I tried using it last night. I grabbed a bit out, & rubbed it on my scalp. I felt it was tedious to use. Is there a easier way to use it?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:02 am 
Nailed to the V

I FINALLY got my boxing day sale stuff from Lush (took them over three weeks to send it out), yay! Annoyed that loads of things I put in my basket were then removed as they were out of stock, did anyone else find this? Surely you shouldn't be able to add it to your basket if there are none left?

Also, is it me or has retro disappeared from the UK site?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:54 pm 
Hearts James Cromwell

I went on a bit of a Lush shopping spree after the holidays. I stocked up on Sikkim Girls lotion when they were buy 1 get 1 free. I also bought the Sikkim Girls perfume, 25:43 and Imogene Rose perfumes. I am obsessed. I love them all. I like Sikkim Girls for this time of year and think the others will be nice in the spring/summer. Although that has not stopped me from wearing them now!

I tried the Breath of God perfume but ended up returning it. I liked the scent but it was too men's cologne-ish for me.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:38 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

super sorry in advance for sounding like the vegan police, and for possibly raining on your awesome shopping deal... but i thought the sikkim girls lotion wasn't vegan?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:39 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

missmuffcake wrote:
I bought super balm - because this winter my scalp is itchy & has a few dry scabs (gross!). I tried using it last night. I grabbed a bit out, & rubbed it on my scalp. I felt it was tedious to use. Is there a easier way to use it?

i've never used this one before, but i was reading the reviews online and it sounds like people just work it into their scalp with their fingers, let it sit, and then wash it out right after? is that what you're doing?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:46 pm 
Hearts James Cromwell

bluedawg wrote:
super sorry in advance for sounding like the vegan police, and for possibly raining on your awesome shopping deal... but i thought the sikkim girls lotion wasn't vegan?

Oops. I just looked and I guess you are right. I am a new Lush customer and thought everything was vegan. I guess I will have to pay closer attention in the future.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:27 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

aw, bummer, i was hoping i was wrong! :) a whole lot of LUSH stuff is vegan, but not everything. just look for the little V on the label!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:46 pm 
Who's Ted Leo?

bluedawg wrote:

i've never used this one before, but i was reading the reviews online and it sounds like people just work it into their scalp with their fingers, let it sit, and then wash it out right after? is that what you're doing?

ya - but it is so hard & my hands so cold so it takes for ever! it does help the itchies though.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:17 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

I love the Karma schampoo bar. Plus, you can sing Karma Chameleon in the shower while using it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:34 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

I'm fairly new to LUSH stuff. Hubby brought me the Happy Hippie shower gel and the None of Your Beeswax lip balm when he moved to the States from the UK, and I loved it. Then for this past Christmas, he got me the Winter Garden set-- contains Rose Jam shower gel, Ro's Argan Body conditioner, Snowcake soap, Tiny Hands solid moisturizer, and Ultrabalm. The Rose Jam shower gel smells just like Turkish Delight candy!

Today I went to the LUSH site and bought the Prince Charming shower gel, minis of the Ginger perfume and Vanillary perfume, Butterball bath bomb and the Close to You massage bar, plus more of the None of Your Beeswax balm. I don't have a LUSH super-close, but I think I'll like the products based on the online scent descriptions and user reviews.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:25 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

missmuffcake wrote:

There isn't :( luckily you shouldn't need to use it v often, but it's definitely more time consuming unless you have super-short hair.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45  Next