| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 585 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: new WW plan coming out soon
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:40 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

All fruits and most vegetables are "free," but it looks like a lot of things did go up in points, so though you get more, you use more. The minimum is now 29 points, and the weekly allowance is 49 instead of 35.

Also, a cup of chickpeas is still more than twice the points of two Oreos. Well alrighty, then! I'm still eating the chickpeas instead.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:47 am 
WRETCHED

I had a good day yesterday!

I also wanted to mention that if anyone wants to try WW but doesn't want to pay for meetings/online, they can buy the materials.

There is a pointsPlus calculator that is $11.95 as well as complete food & dining out companion which is $19.95. I think the dining out companion is probably useless to us but I think with the complete food guide and calculator, anyone could do the plan.

They have an essential member kit that has a 3 month food diary, complete food & dining out companion. It is $24.95.

The deluxe member kit has the pointsPlus calculator, complete food companion, 3 month food diary, dining out companion and cookbook ready, set, go. It is $44.95.

Then they have the complete member kit which contains everything in the deluxe member kit plus a pedometer, measuring spoons and a cover for the food diary. It is $87.95.

There is also a shipping fee but if anyone wanted, they could paypal me the money and I could send whatever items they wanted. Or if you have access to meetings or anyone who has access to meetings, you could have them buy it for you.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:53 pm 
Chard Martyr

designedtobekind wrote:
Also, a cup of chickpeas is still more than twice the points of two Oreos. Well alrighty, then! I'm still eating the chickpeas instead.

How does that even make sense?!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:13 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Well a cup of chickpeas is what, 240-280 calories? Two oreos would be 140. So it makes sense that the chickpeas would be more points, although I would think the fiber would lower them.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:09 pm 
WRETCHED

Yeah 5 oreos equals a cup of chickpeas. Of course which one will fill you up more?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:32 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

Five oreos

This is why I'm incapable of dieting.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:34 pm 
Chard Martyr

But I want more than one cup of chickpeas. A can is 2.5 cups, I think. I can eat a whole can. That is why I'm incapable of dieting. Also, I ate a whole bag of grapes today and thought of this thread.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:00 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

I'd eat that can of chickpeas, but I don't want to get fat. I'll have ten oreos instead.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:43 am 
Saggy Butt

Fee wrote:
Five oreos

fifteen oreos.
thats why im incapable of dieting.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:01 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

Meggs wrote:
But I want more than one cup of chickpeas. A can is 2.5 cups, I think. I can eat a whole can. That is why I'm incapable of dieting. Also, I ate a whole bag of grapes today and thought of this thread.

a can is only 1.5 cups!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:04 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I was just about to restart ww since I've actually gained 5 lbs since I lost my original baby weight (only 12 lbs out of 30). I'm not too happy about the changes- I did well on the old plan and now I have to update all of the foods I had entered online before. Like as if I have the time to redo that now with a newborn. Great.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:18 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

lindsayh wrote:
Fee wrote:
Five oreos

fifteen oreos.
thats why im incapable of dieting.

Oreos are my serious downfall, I can eat ridiculous amounts of them. I can only buy them as a VERY occasional treat.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:16 pm 
Chard Martyr

ijustdiedinside wrote:
Meggs wrote:

a can is only 1.5 cups!

My bad! 3.5 servings.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:52 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

No one is going to die from eating too many beans. Well, maybe the person sitting next to you will, but you'll be fine. Chickpeas are good for you. Have an Oreo dipped in hummus!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:29 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Aubade wrote:
I was just about to restart ww since I've actually gained 5 lbs since I lost my original baby weight (only 12 lbs out of 30). I'm not too happy about the changes- I did well on the old plan and now I have to update all of the foods I had entered online before. Like as if I have the time to redo that now with a newborn. Great.

I just restarted because my weight loss has totally stalled over the past 5 months. And... none of my old foods will convert. If I click to convert them, the app crashes.

It's also weird because I'm used to thinking that 7 points is SO MANY POINTS and actually it's not that many now. My brain hurts.

Dudes, I'm totally having hummus oreos for dinner.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:53 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

One of the things I'm finding less logical about the new system is that beans are pretty much classed as carbs, which isn't great for veg*ns. Also, because you can't carry over points from day to day any more (although you do have a weekly treat allowance), I'm finding I'm eating all of my points so as not to lose them - so I'm not only eating more than I really want to eat, and more than I was before, but it feels a bit like it's tipping me into a bit of 'deprivation' mindset.

I'm just super-nervous about the new programme, I guess, as I've been doing it for three weeks now and have only lost 1lb, where I was losing a regular 1-1.5lbs every week on the old points system.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:49 pm 
Huffs Nooch

I'm thinking about starting this too..but not until next week or the one after when school slows down and I have some time to actually focus on figuring it out. I've done it in the past, but it sounds way different now and like something I'd like better. Please keep posting your thoughts on it here if anyone has the time.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:56 am 
Chip Strong

I'm kind of interested in doing this. I would especially like to figure out the points for Isa's book, actually.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:19 pm 
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)

Lixa wrote:
I'm kind of interested in doing this. I would especially like to figure out the points for Isa's book, actually.

I am sooo happy it has all of the nutrition info for the recipes. Putting recipes into the recipe builder can be tedious.

I haven't had time to really study the new plan but all of my recipes that I had saved converted automatically. I had to reenter a couple of ingredients but I was worried that I would have to reenter everything. For some reason it wouldn't recognize vital wheat gluten though. My project for this weekend is to figure out the new plan and make a menu for next week.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:55 pm 
Nailed to the V

momservo wrote:
For some reason it wouldn't recognize vital wheat gluten though.

It seems they took it out of the database! Which I think is weird, it's used in other applications than vegan cooking.

I just wrote about this on my blog, but I'm loving being able to reach for berries or a banana when that damn snacky feeling comes on.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:04 pm 
Married to the wolfman

momservo wrote:
Lixa wrote:

I am sooo happy it has all of the nutrition info for the recipes. Putting recipes into the recipe builder can be tedious.

Oh for serious! I want to marry AFR.

Though, in putting things I'm making into WW, I have discovered that a few recipes are missing bits of nutrition info. Like the Caulipots recipe doesn't list the total carbohydrates. (5 points per serving according to the recipe builder, FYI.)

Last edited by coldandsleepy on Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:12 pm 
Chard Martyr

And 5 points isn't a lot in this new point system, is it? Comparatively speaking?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:46 am 
Keepin' It Seal

I just signed up for the new system officially. I've been kind of doing WW for the past year or two on my own. Not really tracking, just being aware and not stuffing my face all the time. I was on WW for real in '05-'06 and I had lost 30 lbs, but quit when I went vegan because it was too much to concentrate on learning how to be vegan AND learning new points for everything. Plus, I was sick of them telling me I needed milk.
So anyway, it's been 4 years that I've been off the program, and I am really excited because I'm only 1.5 lbs higher than I was 4 years ago. I'm really glad that I've been good at keeping it off. It gives me hope that I can really do this and keep it off for good

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:51 am 
Chard Martyr

I wish I could do it, but I don't have the extra money to spend, as my gym membership is pricey and I spend money on so many other things right now... and I'm still unemployed after grad school.

Maybe once I get a job. It's awesome that everyone seems to be liking the new system, though.

Congrats, joyfulgirl!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:00 pm 
Married to the wolfman

5 points is really not bad! I get 36 for the day, so I'm shooting for about three 10 point meals and three 2 point snacks. Plus infinite fruit and vegetables, yum. A meal of caulipots + chickpea piccata fits perfectly into this picture.

After a couple of days, I'm getting the hang of the new plan. I need to go to the store and buy more fruit, though. I've been hitting it pretty hard. We're talking like Friday, I ate two big pears and an apple, along with everything else.

I'd really like to do in person meetings, because I think it'd be great to feel accountable to a group and not just to myself. (This is why I'd rather play team sports than just exercise on my own.) Buuuut the price difference between just doing it online and in person meetings is too much for me right now.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 585 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next