| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Monthy Vegan snack box?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:14 am 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Maybe they should just rename it, because if they stuck to literal snack foods we would get so many repeats. I liked the Healthy Surprise box, but every month you got apple chips, and raw macaroons, almost always kale (and if not kale, seaweed), there wasn't a lot of variety. Other than that, I can't think of a vegan box that sends you snacks and nothing but the snacks so help them god.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:45 pm 
Nooch of Earl

We need a swapping meetup. The seaweed crisps were a fishy horror that I could barely choke down one of (but I still consider it a good thing since I've been tempted to buy them at TJ's or costco before and now I know better, that someone hasn't magically made nori taste good on its own!), but I would pretty much love two snap pea crisp packages. I'd never tried those and now am happy to buy them!!

I liked last month's box but haven't touched most of the drink stuff from any month.. Though I did like the Teeccino - a good product I never would have tried otherwise because so many herbal coffees suck! I drink it now at night when I feel like a cup of coffee but don't want to be awake.

I have a 2 year old, so no sleep potion needed here! But I might give it to my mom to try, she has insomnia..

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:17 pm 

I was told to sit on this until I posted my review, but this month's Vegan Cuts snack box is going to have a can of fishless tuna, which you probably either find exciting or revolting! If you remember Tuno you're probably having very bad feelings, but I can assure you that it is not gross at all.

http://donteatoffthesidewalk.com/2013/0 ... less-tuna/

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:03 pm 
Chip Strong

I got one for a few months from Lollihop, but it was boring snacks I'd already had before in mostly sample sizes. the best thing I got was a big tote bag I use for groceries.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:23 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

I loooooooooooved Tuno!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've never even HEARD of this brand! Chicken sliders? Tuna??? Must get some!!! Thanks for posting!

Sorry about all the annoying exclamations....fun food just excites me.

!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:53 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

Did anyone try the tuna yet? I'm scared.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:35 pm 
Cranky

I'm sending it to a friend because I think tuna is disgusting and I don't want to recreate it!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:45 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Why do they even send the tracking info? All mine says is that it shipped on the 21st, but it never updates, and it's not here yet. Tomorrow is October! Pout.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:16 pm 

creep wrote:
Why do they even send the tracking info? All mine says is that it shipped on the 21st, but it never updates, and it's not here yet. Tomorrow is October! Pout.

I emailed and asked about that, it made me nervous since I canceled right after I was billed - I got this reply:

Thank you for writing in. Your tracking number is correct and your box is packed up and ready to go. We're using a different shipping method this month, and they could only pick us certain packages on Monday. I'm sorry you'll be receiving your box a little late, but it is on its way!

It's nice that I got a prompt reply (within four hours on a Saturday) but I feel like that should've been something addressed up front. And my tracking info still hasn't updated.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:13 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

Dr. Apricot wrote:
I'm sending it to a friend because I think tuna is disgusting and I don't want to recreate it!

I want to be that friend.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:59 pm 

My snack box arrived DESTROYED. Like I really think someone jumped on it, the chips were powder and had been hit with enough force that the bag popped open, spilling chip powder everywhere. All of the inserts, like the packing list, were pretty messed up. And there was a huge wood chip in there.

I emailed customer service already, whatever this new shipping method is I hope they go back to the way things were in the future (even though this is my last box).

ETA: I already got a reply and filled out the form for a replacement box. If anything, Vegan Cuts has really great customer service.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:53 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I got my box today. I didn't get the herbal tea, and was slightly bummed about missing something until I saw that they replaced it with the macaroons from last time, which obviously anyone ever would much rather have. I WIN!

What's up with the sunscreen? Maybe I should eat it, just to teach them a lesson.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:54 pm 
Cranky

That sunscreen was terrible. It made my face hurt and it was soooooo greasy. (And I'm sure it didn't taste good!)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:26 am 
Level 7 Vegan

I still don't have my snack box! I hope it doesn't show up in the condition of MBM's!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:53 am 

The sunscreen came in one of the beauty boxes, I guess they have leftovers.

Amey, did you get a tracking number? If not, email them!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:07 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Holy shiitake, that cereal is AWFUL. I made myself take three bites, but I couldn't finish it. Nasty bitter mush, but you get a little bite of sweet fruit in there, so it almost tricked me into thinking I could make myself eat the whole bowl. Just no.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:37 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

I've been loving the last couple of month's of Snack Boxes, but my new VeganCuts snack box arrived today and it is LAME. I am bummed. Totally not worth the price at all. Like half the things are tea bags, hydration mix, and some weird chia drink... and then three tiny snacks. The best thing is a little jar of salted caramel Peanut Butter... but definitely a dud of a month.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:34 am 
Saggy Butt

I had been getting the Conscious Box, but I just unsubscribed. I was excited because in December and January (4th and 5th month of a 6 month subscription) I got TWO boxes, BUT, then I got my credit card statement and discovered that they had charged me 19.95 a pop for the second one each month! If you're going to send two boxes, at least take them off the subscription I already paid for, not charge me separately!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:47 pm 
Nooch of Earl

ameyfm wrote:
I've been loving the last couple of month's of Snack Boxes, but my new VeganCuts snack box arrived today and it is LAME. I am bummed. Totally not worth the price at all. Like half the things are tea bags, hydration mix, and some weird chia drink... and then three tiny snacks. The best thing is a little jar of salted caramel Peanut Butter... but definitely a dud of a month.

THIS. I haven't eaten anything yet but came back to this thread to see if anyone was as "what the fizzle?" as I was. I'm kind of scared to try the drink thing with chia seeds floating in it… I mean, I don't think it's a BAD value or anything for what it is, it just isn't mostly stuff I'd normally buy. Maybe I'll love it but after the last few being so awesome (ZOMG can I please have more of that pb pitbull rescue chocolate?), I'm a little underwhelmed. I do still think it's a nice opportunity to try things before spending money on them.

Tried the can of chili from last month the other day and thought that was really awesome though! Made a good dinner when I was too exhausted to cook.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:51 pm 

I remember when I was subscribed there was a month where they had a bunch of drink stuff too, including a hydration powder. It definitely sucks when all of that stuff comes at once, I don't mind non-snacks but mostly...I want snacks.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:57 pm 
Nooch of Earl

I don't mind one or two drink things - some of it is not my cup of tea (har har), some of it I really like.. I appreciated the rooibos chai the last couple months and I'm slightly jazzed about the loose teas, but there's also an electrolyte powder thing, a weird chia thing with like actual seeds in it that you're supposed to shake up.. Also a Mary's Gone Crackers sample, the aforementioned PB (by far the most exciting thing), hemp seeds, a bumblebar, some olives, and roasted chickpeas (not the awesome masala kind, these are The Good Bean ones that I recall being slightly less keen on)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:59 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I was really disappointed with January's box too. All of the good stuff ended up having peanuts in it, and I'm allergic.

The previews from this month's box look really good though. Should be here today or tomorrow!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:16 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

I've been meh on the last few, but this month's box is awesome. AWESOME.

"I'm now officially wafflesexual." - booberthefraggle

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:12 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

Yeah, just got the new box and it is Ruling!!! So many snacks!!!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:25 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I am also pleased with this month's box.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next