| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:13 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46468 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1736, 1737, 1738, 1739, 1740, 1741, 1742 ... 1859  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:24 pm 
WELFARIST!

I tried one of the tofurkey hot pockets a little while ago and I didn't really like them. I was so excited!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:39 pm 
And you never will.

interrobang?! wrote:
Occasionally I manage a smize.

As evidenced by your avatar selfie.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:17 pm 
A Bad Person

Mr. Shankly wrote:
I tried one of the tofurkey hot pockets a little while ago and I didn't really like them. I was so excited!

GET OUT the bbq chicken ones are amazing!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:38 pm 
WELFARIST!

brian wrote:
Mr. Shankly wrote:

I haven't tried that one yet, only the pepperoni pizza one.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:23 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

I like PPK snark.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:57 pm 
Semen Strong

A friend of mine runs a bookstore, and asked for vegan books to order.

She was thinking of ordering this: http://www.workman.com/products/9781579655556/ Any thoughts?

I of course recommended AFR and IDI and Oh She Glows, which looks rather spectacular.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:03 am 

Tofulish wrote:
She was thinking of ordering this: http://www.workman.com/products/9781579655556/ Any thoughts?

That was written by an awesome lady and I'm sure it will be a very good book to have in stock!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:02 am 
WRETCHED

I'm a little sad that we won't be going to Ireland this year because the trip we wanted to go on is in June and my school starts on an undetermined as of yet date in May and ends on an undetermined yet date in August (and my husband doesn't want to drive in Ireland so we need a 'trip'). I will be visiting my family in July as it is an online course and I can do my work in the evenings/mornings. I don't want to postpone going back to school though.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:51 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

I've felt so wonky the past two days...I'm not entirely sure why. Yesterday I spent all day laying on the sofa, and today seems like it'll be the same- but last night I didn't sleep at all and I called into work sick for a weird mental health today. I just feel so weird. I'll be happy when it's tomorrow. Maybe the plans I made after work will make it easier to feel better and get up.

The Oxford Imposition: http://theoxfordimposition.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:26 pm 
Ninja Master

So coating your tongue in sugar does not get rid of pine mouth! That's so far the only 'cure' that dr. google has come up with.

Poop.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:56 pm 
Chip Strong

I was so excited to find peanut butter powder last night in Target; used it in my smoothy this morning with almond milk, spinach and vanilla rice protein. Nothing. No peanuty taste. maybe it needs to be on its own? deeply disappointed

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:34 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

I think about things too much.

My good friend's father died. Another friend and I are buying her a concert ticket and a plane ticket so she can go to the concert (to cheer her up! She's into it.), and that other friend and I decided to tell her we were paying for the plane ticket with a voucher, but now I can't stop thinking about how I'm going to send her the confirmation number without alerting her to the fact that we're just paying for the flight.

Anyway I wish we'd just told her we were buying the ticket, but we're all pretty young with our first "real" jobs, so a flight feels like a big gift. It somehow made it seem less awkward if it wasn't real money? I don't know. We don't want her to feel at all guilty on a trip that's supposed to be fun and relaxing.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:40 pm 

Just typer her up an email with the confirmation and flt number, time etc... Then she won't have to see any info. That is super nice of you!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:47 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

I keep imagining stupid situations in which she notices I paid with a credit card after she types the confirmation number into the airline page. I'm just not going to mention it, I think, and assume she won't notice.

It actually ended up being pretty cheap to bring her to the show. I'm excited to see her!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:05 pm 
Semen Strong

That is really nice of you! I think that no matter what happens, she is going to be grateful to have so much love and support at a really hard time in her life.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:47 am 
Level 7 Vegan

baps wrote:
So coating your tongue in sugar does not get rid of pine mouth! That's so far the only 'cure' that dr. google has come up with.

Poop.

I didn't know what pine mouth was - I googled it out of curiosity. Sounds awful! Is it as bad as articles say it is? I sure hope yours clears up quickly.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:18 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I've been watching more Hulu since my brother gave me his log-in info, which has exposed me to more American commercials than I usually see. That Discover card one with "we treat you like you treat you" slogan is so irritating to me. First off, why would you call the card company about the credit score on your statement? There's a ton of shiitake on a statement, but I wouldn't call just to say "hey, I noticed this new thing." Also, the twin sister one makes no sense at all. That person in the call center would have asked the caller's name and realized it was her sister. Also, doesn't the calling sister know her twin works at Discover? Everything about it makes me crazy! And it comes on all the time!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:44 am 
Ninja Master

zelavie wrote:
baps wrote:

Poop.

I didn't know what pine mouth was - I googled it out of curiosity. Sounds awful! Is it as bad as articles say it is? I sure hope yours clears up quickly.

It's horrible. Everything tastes bitter and it sits at the back of your throat as well. I might try coating my tongue in vanilla frosting! hahaha

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:18 am 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

Try eating some globe artichokes, since they make everything you eat/drink after taste sweet for a while? Might be a temporary respite?

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:23 am 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

I found a dress from a moderately expensive high street store in perfect condition for £8 in a hospice shop, which is slightly more than I usually pay for second hand stuff, but I was beguiled by the name and a size 14 dress apparently fitting me! Anyway, when I went to wash it I realised maybe why it had been donated - "cool hand wash only". So I thought "fork that" and it's in the washing machine on the wool cycle. Wish me luck!

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:01 am 
Dead by dawn

pickledtreats wrote:
I've been watching more Hulu since my brother gave me his log-in info, which has exposed me to more American commercials than I usually see. That Discover card one with "we treat you like you treat you" slogan is so irritating to me. First off, why would you call the card company about the credit score on your statement? There's a ton of shiitake on a statement, but I wouldn't call just to say "hey, I noticed this new thing." Also, the twin sister one makes no sense at all. That person in the call center would have asked the caller's name and realized it was her sister. Also, doesn't the calling sister know her twin works at Discover? Everything about it makes me crazy! And it comes on all the time!

Plus "you sound really different on the phone!" Who's never spoken to their sister on the phone before?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:51 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

monkeytoes wrote:
pickledtreats wrote:

Plus "you sound really different on the phone!" Who's never spoken to their sister on the phone before?

I've never spoken to my sister on the phone before. I mean...maybe it's happened like a really long time ago when we lived at home, like if one of us weren't home and called to tell our parents something and the other happened to be the one to answer it? But we never talk on the phone.

But I agree about the actual commercial, how did the person in the call center give the caller any relevant information without knowing their name? So dumb.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:13 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

Mr. Shankly wrote:
brian wrote:
Mr. Shankly wrote:

I haven't tried that one yet, only the pepperoni pizza one.

I didn't love that one either! It tasted too…healthy? I guess I like my frozen pocket treats to be greasy as hell.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:40 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I ate too much and now my stomach is rebelling. This doesn't bode well for VegFest.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:27 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

dropscone wrote:
I found a dress from a moderately expensive high street store in perfect condition for £8 in a hospice shop, which is slightly more than I usually pay for second hand stuff, but I was beguiled by the name and a size 14 dress apparently fitting me! Anyway, when I went to wash it I realised maybe why it had been donated - "cool hand wash only". So I thought "fork that" and it's in the washing machine on the wool cycle. Wish me luck!

Good luck! I wash all sorts of things that are labelled hand wash only - and even dry clean only! - on cold on the gentle cycle with a dainty soap and only ever had one problem when the temperate got accidentally bumped up to hot. My favorite jacket - which I'd washed many times! - came out cat-sized.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46468 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1736, 1737, 1738, 1739, 1740, 1741, 1742 ... 1859  Next