| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Convince me I'm not dying!
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:33 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

So this is both funny and not. I need some convincing that I'm not going to die from some horrid disease. Everyone does it, I often have to tell my fiancee that he doesn't have (insert terminal illness here), but it's my turn now!

I've never been a hypochondriac before a few months ago when some unpleasant medical problems started to emerge and/or get worse. Of course the internet is telling me I have cancer, isn't that the loveliest thing about the internet?
The catchphrase should be "THE INTERNET: BECOME A HYPOCHONDRIAC IN MINUTES!" or "THE INTERNET: GET CANCER, FAST!"

I am going to the doctor, and I have been once already!
I have to wait a month to see my regular physician because of insurance things, at which time I'm going to figure out once and for all what all this pain, fatigue, memory problems, weight loss and other icky bodily problems are. I went to the emergency clinic... they gave me laxatives (hey thanks guys, that was super helpful!).

So tell me I'm just psyching myself out. Everyone feels like they are dying once in a while right? Right?! I just need some encouraging words, since my family is doing a better job of freaking out than I am.

Post subject: Re: Convince me I'm not dying!
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:01 pm 
I Wanna Dip My Balls In It

I think we all have those moments sometimes.. it could be something, or it could be nothing. I managed to convince myself (albeit, only for minutes) that I was pretty sure I had cancer last weekend. I'll find out this week if I do or not (though I'm pretty sure I don't)

I mean, we psyche ourselves up over all kinds of things.. I'm gonna miss the bus, I bet I failed that exam, I'm pretty sure my co-worker hates me, etc. most of the time they work out fine. so you'll be fine!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:19 pm 

I have said many many times after consulting Dr Wiki I am dieing. I have never been sick enough to go to a real doctor.

Number one rule to online diagnosis :All terminal illnesses are not possible if a non terminal illness fits!
You have either-B-12 deficiency, hypothyroidism, low iron or depression.
You are not constipated (I am of course assuming you took the laxatives)

I use the symptom checker on web MD and get Sjogren's syndrome all the time. I don't have it but Dr Wiki tells me I do.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:35 pm 
Wears Pleather Undies

You are dying. We all are. You probably are not dying at a faster rate than anyone else though.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:41 pm 

Thanks Joshua!

Puma wrote:
I have said many many times after consulting Dr Wiki I am dieing. I have never been sick enough to go to a real doctor.

Number one rule to online diagnosis :All terminal illnesses are not possible if a non terminal illness fits!

I use the symptom checker on web MD and get Sjogren's syndrome all the time. I don't have it but Dr Wiki tells me I do.

Thanks Puma, that helps. I know it's a huge possibility that I'm any of the things you mentioned, the chances are better than something worse, but deep down everything feels wrong! It's hard to shake. Scary symptoms include general pain/discomfort in my abdomen, huge amounts of back pain, and (even after holycrap heavy laxatives) constipation... again. Haven't gone since. Annoying, if not scary.

eater of souls wrote:
You are dying. We all are. You probably are not dying at a faster rate than anyone else though.

The It avatar ties in with this nicely. Thanks for the nightmares and the encouragement? Haha.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:54 pm 

How much water do you drink? Could you have a kidney infection? not all kidney infections burn when you Pee.

You are still not dying. Even if a real Dr. says you are dying you are not. I refuse to accept it!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:56 pm 
Wears Pleather Undies

kibbles wrote:
Thanks Joshua!

Puma wrote:

Thanks Puma, that helps. I know it's a huge possibility that I'm any of the things you mentioned, the chances are better than something worse, but deep down everything feels wrong! It's hard to shake. Scary symptoms include general pain/discomfort in my abdomen, huge amounts of back pain, and (even after holycrap heavy laxatives) constipation... again. Haven't gone since. Annoying, if not scary.

eater of souls wrote:

The It avatar ties in with this nicely. Thanks for the nightmares and the encouragement? Haha.

Honestly -- we are concerned with obsessions of death because we live our lives pretending that we won't die some day. Pointing this out is not cruel, it is just an obvious fact that we ignore. The IT avatar is because clowns are really creepy...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:01 am 

eater of souls wrote:
Honestly -- we are concerned with obsessions of death because we live our lives pretending that we won't die some day. Pointing this out is not cruel, it is just an obvious fact that we ignore.

I never said it's cruel, you're right! I would just rather not die sooner than expected.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:09 am 

Puma wrote:
How much water do you drink? Could you have a kidney infection? not all kidney infections burn when you Pee.

You are still not dying. Even if a real Dr. says you are dying you are not. I refuse to accept it!

I drink enough water, but lately I've been having to pee more often (doc said my constipation could be pressing on my bladder) so I have unconsciously lowered my water intake because I hate peeing ten times a day. I can tell my the color of my urine that I'm not dehydrated, but I could drink more water to get it back to a completely clear state. When I went to the emergency clinic they poked at my kidneys and checked my urine. No infection. No pain in my kidneys when they tapped them, it's just a dull ache that is incredibly persistent and it's hard to sleep without pain relievers, same pain in my hips, sometimes it cascades over my ribs. I'm worried it's more of a bone ache than a muscle ache. It's been like this for at least a month, no infection symptoms otherwise!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:12 am 

Could you need to see a chiropractor?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:21 am 

Puma wrote:

It is my opinion that they are quacks, I don't want to be forcibly flexed and stretched! I'm active and healthy otherwise, recently I have been stretching my back on an exercise ball and with the help of my significant other, hoping it would help the pain. No go. Admittedly I need to straighten my posture, and take more breaks from sitting at my laptop, but I didn't think bad posture would be ruining me with this much pain, I'm only 23.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:47 am 
Writes Vegan Haiku

I'm the opposite of a hypochondriac - I want to have some sort of rare, possibly deadly disease. It's not really a cold, right? It's tuberculosis, caught through osmosis from a textbook.

There might be something wrong with your blood sugar levels - the increased urination coupled with weight loss always puts me in mind of diabetes, but that's just due to the Babysitter's Club books. You're not in ketosis are you?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:57 am 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

penny dreadful wrote:

There might be something wrong with your blood sugar levels - the increased urination coupled with weight loss always puts me in mind of diabetes, but that's just due to the Babysitter's Club books. You're not in ketosis are you?

I was thinking the same thing, go buy some ketostix at the pharmacy to test for ketones asap. My kid has diabetes and was peeing a lot, lost weight, was grumpy probably cause he felt awful, slept a lot. Stupid pediatrician said it was the flu. He was severely constipated-cause when the body is dehydrated=no poo.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:58 am 

penny dreadful wrote:
I'm the opposite of a hypochondriac - I want to have some sort of rare, possibly deadly disease. It's not really a cold, right? It's tuberculosis, caught through osmosis from a textbook.

That's interesting! I have never heard of someone wanting a strange illness.

I can't really measure my blood ketones just sitting here, but I'm not excessively thirsty and my breath doesn't smell sweet.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:00 am 

Aliks wrote:
penny dreadful wrote:

I was thinking the same thing, go buy some ketostix at the pharmacy to test for ketones asap. My kid has diabetes and was peeing a lot, lost weight, was grumpy probably cause he felt awful, slept a lot. Stupid pediatrician said it was the flu. He was severely constipated-cause when the body is dehydrated=no poo.

Sounds like some of my symptoms, yikes, I'll look into the test.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:51 am 

kibbles wrote:
Puma wrote:

It is my opinion that they are quacks, I don't want to be forcibly flexed and stretched! I'm active and healthy otherwise, recently I have been stretching my back on an exercise ball and with the help of my significant other, hoping it would help the pain. No go. Admittedly I need to straighten my posture, and take more breaks from sitting at my laptop, but I didn't think bad posture would be ruining me with this much pain, I'm only 23.

A lot are. My cousin is one=a bit of a quack. My friend who just got her degree not a quack. I was having chest pain that I was sure had to be lung/respiratory related. Turns out it was my back needing adjusted.
That would have nothing to do with the constipation though.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:39 pm 
Santa is a WELFARIST!

You are probably dying because of your vegan diet. You can't possibly get ALL the nutrients you need just from plants!!!

You should post something on your blog denouncing a vegan diet with ludicrous claims and then make yourself a bacon cheeseburger. Illness instantly solved.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:37 pm 

Muffin-Tuffin wrote:
You are probably dying because of your vegan diet. You can't possibly get ALL the nutrients you need just from plants!!!

You should post something on your blog denouncing a vegan diet with ludicrous claims and then make yourself a bacon cheeseburger. Illness instantly solved.

And do forget to acuse all of the other vegans of secretly eating meat too!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:22 am 
Santa is a WELFARIST!

I'm secretly eating an entire still-live cow right now. SHHHHH!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:49 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

I don't want to speculate on what the issue might be but definitely get your d, iron and b-12 levels checked. I'm pretty sure you're not dying though.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:02 am 

Muffin-Tuffin wrote:

I think your doing it wrong- I thought it was whole Hog!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:39 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

I've been better about supplementing with B-12 lately and man, the difference is pretty great, my energy levels have shot up. Maybe that's one part of it?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:55 pm 

I can't say conclusively that some of my symptoms aren't from deficiency (like B12) but it seems unlikely to me, I eat pretty well, take supplements, and eat fortified foods (and have a degree in nutrition :)). I absolutely am going to get my blood levels checked, I'm so sick of feeling sick. Ugh ugh ugh.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:56 pm 

Puma wrote:
Muffin-Tuffin wrote:

I ate like 4 whole chickens but I feel worse! What am I doing wrong?!?! I thought meat cures everything a vegan ails from!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:49 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

kibbles wrote:
Puma wrote:
Muffin-Tuffin wrote:

I ate like 4 whole chickens but I feel worse! What am I doing wrong?!?! I thought meat cures everything a vegan ails from!

No, no... You have to eat baby animals. Full grown ones don't cure anything.