| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 944 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 38  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dexter!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:59 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

suzukibeane wrote:
amandabear wrote:
I'm sure Dexter could find something dirty about that cop. (Everyone keeps referring to him as a PI but I'm pretty sure he's a cop.) He was originally introduced when La Guerta helped bust him for soliciting a prostitute, after all. But if they play the code card, I could see Lumen killing him to protect Dexter.

But then if they really draw the code out, Dexter would have to kill Lumen (like with Lila when she killed whatshisname to protect Dexter), which I can't imagine them doing.

Well, he wouldn't HAVE to. Lilah met his requirements after she killed Doakes, but let's be real - he killer her because she was making his life difficult, because she knew about him and was unpredictable and presented a danger. (Also because she was SO IRRITATING.) Technically Lumen is a killer, but she is not a "bad person" in the eyes of the code - she's far more victim than predator, and at least at this point only really poses a danger to the people who hurt her. He could rationalize killing her if it became necessary, but I can't see them going there.

"I'm now officially wafflesexual." - booberthefraggle

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:00 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

I honestly don't think he has any reason to kill her. Those guys make me want to vomit. She's showing them far more mercy than they ever showed.

Also, I forgot to mention: I got really creeped out with the whole Jordan/Emily exchange. Brrr.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:33 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

mixmaster_mo wrote:
Also, I forgot to mention: I got really creeped out with the whole Jordan/Emily exchange. Brrr.

Yeah!! How forking forked up was that?!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:39 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

raynedropp wrote:
mixmaster_mo wrote:

it was seriously the scariest part of the whole episode. that woman is so broken.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:35 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

[quote="b.viciousErinnerung, you should read the books, where Dexter is more of an emotionless monster dude - the first season is fairly close to the first book, and the separate from there. [/quote]

I keep meaning to! My brother has them all. I just want to read them because Doakes didn't actually die in the books, and I would like more Doakes please.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:43 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

acr wrote:
raynedropp wrote:
mixmaster_mo wrote:

it was seriously the scariest part of the whole episode. that woman is so broken.

I didn't see that coming. I was all "!!"

Also, when Deb & Quinn got to the house of the banker dude, I kept forking loud exclaiming. "Ohhh shiiiit"s and "eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"s definitely in my living room. I thought that either they would see him tied up & stuff, but Dexter & Lumen were gone, or that they'd catch Lumen doing it but Dexter wouldn't be there.

Formerly rad.badger

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:00 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

mixmaster_mo wrote:

God, seriously. That was so messed up.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:02 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Double post, keep on walking.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:48 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

I just want to know when Shane from "The L Word" is going to be back as the tattoo artist.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:06 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

amandabear wrote:
mixmaster_mo wrote:

Yeah. It was forking bizarre. So now I'm trying to apply all my serial killer obsession reading to this show. Like is Jordan impotent and that's why he only gets a happy from watching others? I think I was more skeeved out by the fact that he didn't want her touching him. I'm always amazed at just how forking creepy this show can get. Blech.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:20 am 
Nailed to the V

mixmaster_mo wrote:
I'm always amazed at just how forking creepy this show can get.

Yes!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:24 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

mixmaster_mo wrote:
amandabear wrote:
mixmaster_mo wrote:

Yeah. It was forking bizarre. So now I'm trying to apply all my serial killer obsession reading to this show. Like is Jordan impotent and that's why he only gets a happy from watching others? I think I was more skeeved out by the fact that he didn't want her touching him. I'm always amazed at just how forking creepy this show can get. Blech.

The way he was just staring forward and not looking at her when she was walking around him freaked me out so bad and I don't even know why.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:33 pm 
Spent a night at the Bates Motel

(I wasn't able to quote so many people, so this is a response to a few things)

I didn't consider the possibility of Jordan being impotent, that is a fascinating possibility! Yes, that scene creeped me out so hard. I'm really impressed with Jonny Lee Miller's performance (though I still would have preferred him as the lead in Walking Dead.)
Lumen and Dexter didn't bother me as much as I thought it would, but I was surprised she was able to go through with sex when she is still healing from her emotional trauma.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:37 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I'm not sure how I feel about the sexing. It seemed a little inappropriate, even though she initiated it. But at the same time, I agree that they're kinda sweet together, and she's the first person he's ever really been able to be honest with. It could be the Julia Stiles-ness of the character that puts me off. If she were played by a better actress, I'm sure I'd be 100% behind it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:56 pm 

rachell37 wrote:
I'm not sure how I feel about the sexing. It seemed a little inappropriate, even though she initiated it. But at the same time, I agree that they're kinda sweet together, and she's the first person he's ever really been able to be honest with. It could be the Julia Stiles-ness of the character that puts me off. If she were played by a better actress, I'm sure I'd be 100% behind it.

I just found it a little odd that she initiated it even though she previously appeared to be so traumatized by the rape.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:22 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

Nick wrote:
rachell37 wrote:

I just found it a little odd that she initiated it even though she previously appeared to be so traumatized by the rape.

people do recover from things like that, and everyone recovers at his or her own pace. sometimes it's empowering for someone who's been traumatized to take control in future encounters. and dexter has proven beyond any doubt that she can feel completely safe around him.

that's in defense of the writers; i still think stiles is doing a lousy job of portraying this character.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:51 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

Yeah, rape victims don't often become asexual. The idea that they *shouldn't* enjoy sex any more is harmful.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:50 am 
Bathes in Braggs

raynedropp wrote:
Yeah, rape victims don't often become asexual. The idea that they *shouldn't* enjoy sex any more is harmful.

i was thinking that too, but simultaneously i was thinking, "how long has it been?" i only had a baby, for god's sake, and i CERTAINLY did not want penis anywhere near my lady parts for at least 8 weeks after, and my vaginal walls were extremely sensitive (and still are a bit) where i tore. if the rape was as violent and prolonged as they are insinuating, i highly doubt that her genitals are fully healed and back to normal. so while obviously i think that people who have experienced rape will eventually go on to have healthy sex lives, i am only being realistic by thinking that Lumen would not really be able to go through with penis in vagina intercourse.

of course, we didn't see them actually do it, so it's possible they just had a very satisfying session of heavy petting. and sorry to anyone who didn't really want to know in detail about the state of my genitals.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:55 am 

raynedropp wrote:

I'm not saying that she shouldn't. I just don't think it's consistent with what they've portrayed her as.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:44 pm 
Venomous Head of Veganism

Terry relayed all 5 seasons to me throughout the day! Now I'm a Dexter fan!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:27 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

That must have been an intense day! I tried to verbally catch someone up on Weeds until I started sounding like a babbling crazy person.

Welcome to the club!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:53 pm 
Venomous Head of Veganism

Yeah, we're going to have a Dexter marathon when we get home to catch us up on the season so I had to get caught up beforehand. I told her to just give me a 5 minute round up but it ended up lasting the whole day.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:59 pm 
Impressive boner

You can't round it up in 5 minutes. You can't even explain Angel's love life in 5 minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:48 am 
Baking In The Flavor

Liddie's death was a bit anti-climactic.... but the resulting shit-storm should be fun. I know I'm gonna be pissed when this season ends.... I hate cliff-hangers that last for months.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:15 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

Holy shiitake! I am so anxious about next week!!! Seriously, this episode was greatness. I find Dexter and Lumen really cute together, and it's great he's getting some happiness. I was a little shocked that Jordan was actually a dominant personality because he seemed to be a submissive masquerading as a dominant after that whole awkward exchange with Emily from last week. Anyway, this is good.

Also, Quinn and Deb make me want to vomit. In fact, I think most of Deb's romantic interests have made me want to vomit. I don't see this ending well at all because she has serious bad luck in the love department.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 944 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 38  Next