| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

When did your period come back after birth?
Less than 3 months 14%  14%  [ 8 ]
3-6 months 25%  25%  [ 14 ]
6-9 months 12%  12%  [ 7 ]
9-12 months 12%  12%  [ 7 ]
12-15 months 7%  7%  [ 4 ]
15-18 months 14%  14%  [ 8 ]
18-24 months 5%  5%  [ 3 ]
More than 2 years 4%  4%  [ 2 ]
It's still not back!! 7%  7%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 57
 Post subject: Re: Postpartum periods
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:17 pm 
Chip Strong

bodhi wrote:
sashi wrote:
I think I might have my period. Alice is 7 weeks today. What the heck. Last time I got it back at 8 months. It's really light but it feels like I have my period. I really hope it is not back for good because, well, it's only been 7 weeks!

Mine came back about the same time, or so I thought at the time. Turns out it still isn't back, and I am now one year postpartum. I hope you get a bit longer of a break!

Good to know that there's hope! It only lasted maybe two days and it was pretty light.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:32 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

We're at nearly 15 months here, and I am so disappointed my body hasn't sorted itself out yet, as I would really really really have liked to be pregnant by now. Urgh.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:54 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

are you still nursing a lot?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:55 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I'm sorry, oww. Our bodies just do not understand what we want. I absolutely did not want to get pregnant again and have had a period every month since 6 wks postpartum, which is certainly unusual for someone breastfeeding as much as I was.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:18 pm 

Feeding as she asks, usually 3 or 4 times during the day, and 1-3 times overnight depending on how she sleeps. It's ok really, I am cherishing having a longer period of one-on-one time with her than I had thought I would get, so that's pretty special, but I am bummed about having to have a bigger sibling age-gap. Win some, lose some?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:18 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

I'm sure everyone is different, but it took me 5 months of not nursing at night before my period came back the first time (we nightweaned around 12 or 13 months). And I was getting pretty antsy by then to try for a #2. I ended up getting pregnant with twins the first cycle we tried....

My period isn't back yet 13 months after the twins were born, but I'm not surprised. Still nursing 4x per day on average and twice at night. I'm enjoying being period-free though since I have no desire to get pregnant again :-).

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:23 am 
Married to the wolfman

mooo wrote:
I'm sorry, oww. Our bodies just do not understand what we want. I absolutely did not want to get pregnant again and have had a period every month since 6 wks postpartum, which is certainly unusual for someone breastfeeding as much as I was.

Mine came back at 7 weeks the second time around despite round the clock nursing, and I was like, are you forking kidding me.

Hang in there oww. Hopefully things will get back to normal for you soon so you can try again!

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:13 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

I got mine back at 13months and he was still nursing like a newborn too lol

“I did not become a vegetarian for my health, I did it for the health of the chickens.”

I blog @ Mama To Feingold Kids

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:10 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

I know just how you feel OWW! I'm still period-free at 17 months (which in a way is awesome) but we had originally said we wanted to start trying again when Clara was 18 months... and given how much she nurses now, I just can't even guess when my fertility will come back. You're spot-on-- some days I feel like, well, this baby needs me now and I love her and will never have this time again so it's all good. Other days I feel all panicky wondering how big a gap there will be, how old I'll be (I'm 31 so it's not crazy urgent, but still), and what country we'll be living in when Baby Wu arrives!

Sending hugs your way.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:07 pm 

helbury wrote:
I'm sure everyone is different, but it took me 5 months of not nursing at night before my period came back the first time (we nightweaned around 12 or 13 months).

eep! As an aside, how on earth do you get a baby who doesn't breastfeed to go back to sleep at night?! I'm dreading her stopping, for that reason.

ScandinaVegan wrote:
I know just how you feel OWW! I'm still period-free at 17 months (which in a way is awesome) but we had originally said we wanted to start trying again when Clara was 18 months... and given how much she nurses now, I just can't even guess when my fertility will come back. You're spot-on-- some days I feel like, well, this baby needs me now and I love her and will never have this time again so it's all good. Other days I feel all panicky wondering how big a gap there will be, how old I'll be (I'm 31 so it's not crazy urgent, but still), and what country we'll be living in when Baby Wu arrives!

Sending hugs your way.

Aww ScandinaVegan, we are in just the same boat! I'm extra bummed because have just heard that a couple of my Mum's friends who have babies around Westiebaby's age are pregnant with their second. Also we miscarried at 12 weeks before Westiebaby was conceived, and so I'm fearful another miscarriage will put newbaby even farther in the future...
Hoping for some semblance of normality to come back to our bodies soon! : )

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:20 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

I totally feel ya, OWW. My kids are 4yrs apart when I wanted to have them about 2-2.5yrs apart. I've had 3m/c's before Sam, and 2 (possibly also a chemical) before Elijah. It was not a happy TTC road. 2yrs of trying for both kids... sooo, I'm gonna be 32 in August, and Eli will be 2 in Oct. Time is ticking. Buuut he is still not sleeping and I dunno if I want one now or not. I mean, I do, but I don't haha... I'm so confused! I totally would if he would sleep and not be so demanding. But then again, I want to enjoy him alone too once Sam goes to school in Sept. And if we get preg now, I'd be due in December. So I dunno...

“I did not become a vegetarian for my health, I did it for the health of the chickens.”

I blog @ Mama To Feingold Kids

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:34 am 
Nooch of Earl

oncewerewesties wrote:
helbury wrote:
I'm sure everyone is different, but it took me 5 months of not nursing at night before my period came back the first time (we nightweaned around 12 or 13 months).

eep! As an aside, how on earth do you get a baby who doesn't breastfeed to go back to sleep at night?! I'm dreading her stopping, for that reason.

For us, moving V to her own bed, gradual night-weaning, and longer sleep all sort of worked hand in hand. I never let her "cry it out" per se but with her being in her own room, waiting a little bit to make sure she was really awake and needed me helped tremendously. I think we were keeping each other awake honestly! It's night, they're tired, they're used to sleeping.

Though I will warn you that we found we had to be a lot more responsive to night waking once potty training commenced.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:00 pm 

She sleeps in her own bed in her own room already though, and I do wait till she is definitely awake before I go in to her, as she can often be quite good at re-settling herself if she only kind of wakes and grumbles a little... urgh, will deal with that when we get to it!
I have only once in 15.5 months been able to re-settle her at night without eventual use of boob, and I think she only slept for another 2 hours or so then anyway.... Maybe she'll be old enough by the time she stops that she just magically starts to sleep all night... [hehehe]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:33 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

pretty sure i just got my period back after 15.5 months.
i know that's a really long time but since BP doesnt eat solids she still nurses like a newborn (every 2 hours during the day and 1-2+ times at night) so i feel a bit cheated.
i didnt ever want it back!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:18 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

Did people find their post partum periods to be rather unpleasant when they first started again?
i know it can vary as far as flow and timing and stuff but i more just feel like complete shiitake which is not typical for my cycles pre-baby.
im on like day 2 or 3 and i feel completely drained and literally every muscle in my body hurts especially my lower back.
it might not be related but hopefully it's not another fun illness. i feel ive paid my dues with summer colds

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:30 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

LP, mine was like a friggin' bloodbath for 4 days, but otherwise it was okay.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:37 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

Mine were really unpredictable. Pre-baby I was clockwork, moderate flow, 5 days, no pain. After baby they were 3 to 10 days sometimes heavy sometimes light, sometimes cramps sometimes not...definitely not on 28 day cycle...I was about to go see my doc about them when I got preggo again.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:57 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

Addie was born in May, but I stopped pumping during the night last month (I pump exclusively), so I'm wondering if my period will be here soon.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:47 pm 
***LIES!!!***

It might still take awhile. I was totally done breast feeding by 4 months and it was many more months before my period came back.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:39 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

bastah wrote:
Addie was born in May, but I stopped pumping during the night last month (I pump exclusively), so I'm wondering if my period will be here soon.

So unpredictable - Mine came back at month 3 with my first baby even though I was still nursing at least once in the MOTN. I guess I can expect it anytime now since I am 3 month PP again and am NOT doing any overnight pumping - goody...