| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 707 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
 Post subject: Re: Rupaul's Drag Race!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:44 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

I'm definitely still into Ben! But this challenge really seemed to throw some of the girls. I'm not a huge fan of Adore but man did she ever own this challenge.

I really don't like Trinity but man can she lip sync.

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:49 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

i LOVE ben in and out of drag. out of drag, omg, such a cutie pie! so funny! in drag, so pretty!

i also LOVE adore. i have such residual danny noriega love from the american idol days that it's all just rushing back to me. i was happy she won the challenge because she was amazing. also her interviews almost always crack me the hell up.

i agree, trinity is not my favorite at all, and i wouldn't care if she left, but she did amazing on that lip sync.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:35 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

bluedawg wrote:
i agree, trinity is not my favorite at all, and i wouldn't care if she left, but she did amazing on that lip sync.

trinity might be the alyssa edwards this season in that the lip sync is what saves her from being sent home.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:33 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Oh man, I'm sad! I mean, I knew she'd go home soon, and yeah, that dress was so messy. But Uggggh there's just something so sweet and charming about her! On untucked, at the very end when she was in the exit interview part… holy moly I wanted to scoop her right up.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:27 am 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Oh man, next week it's two episodes! That's three hours of drag queens!

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:22 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

mrsbadmouth wrote:
Oh man, next week it's two episodes! That's three hours of drag queens!

I wonder if Michelle Visage & Pandora Boxx will do there two shows as well? If they do then it will be almost 3.5 hrs of drag queens!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:11 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

For maybe the first time ever, I was delighted at Ru using her Save. I liked Ben's outfit (sans collar, but I get what she was going for), and Darienne hasn't impressed me since the first episode or so. In the second episode, I liked that the judges didn't clock her for getting no laughs, but just for her runway look and timing.

I'm not really sure where Courtney is getting off with her arrogance towards Joslyn. 1) She's not really doing that much better in the competition. 2) This girl has made it very clear that you're her idol. Show some forking grace. That being said, I think Joslyn should have taken Courtney up on her offer to help, even if it could have been delivered better.

I liked Laganja chasse-ing away...for about a half second, until I remember that the lyric is "sashay." At least she wasn't bitter like Gia.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:34 am 

Squeak wrote:
I liked Laganja chasse-ing away...for about a half second, until I remember that the lyric is "sashay."

This annoyed me so much!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:45 am 
A Bad Person

Man, what a change an episode could make! I was pretty convinced Ben was top 3 material, but these last two episodes, especially the Glamazon one, have really made me doubt myself! So maybe Ben doesn't have it. I still don't want to see her go home yet.

Trinity has for sure made a serious turn for the better. Still kind of excusey but at least she's delivering on performances.

Joselyn is making Courtney look bad, but not particularly because she's better than Courtney. Courtney's "low rent" dig on Joselyn makes her seem kind of shitty! I'm still not impressed much by Courtney, and I'm more willing to excuse Joselyn's poor outfit choices and mostly bad comedy performance.

But holy crepe, Laganja. That comedy performance was dreadful. Like, I couldn't believe the jokes she was making. Talk about not knowing or even feeling the audience. Like, Ben wasn't funny and she was running through the whole routine breathlessly, and when she got heckled, she bailed. She knew it was going badly and cut her losses. Laganja had no such self-awareness. That seemed to be Laganja's whole thing: zero self-awareness. It was a trainwreck.

It took MBM a whole 8 episodes to figure out that Laganja's name was a weed joke.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:47 pm 

I still think Ben is top 3, but yeah she really struggled though, these last ones. I don't know that I think she was that bad in the Glamazon one though. I mean, their video wasn't good, but wasn't terrible. I thought Courtney's and Joslyn's was equally bad. And I thought her black and white runway look was just fine? The comedy episode though, I was shocked! I thought she would do great, I wonder what got to her so much? Maybe being in the bottom from the episode before… hmm, I don't know.

So glad Laganja is gone.

I don't think Joslyn is top 3, but I love her so much. I hope she stays at least longer than Courtney. She seems like a way more interesting human being than Courtney.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:02 pm 

When Rupaul said Darienne (Darianne? don't care) was safe, I started yelling and was halfway to a tweet full of expletives when Ru said Ben was safe too. And then I yelled some more because, phew! Not just because I like Ben, but Darienne is being so forking shady and a douche that I did not want her to be the one to send Ben home.

So glad that Laganja is gone. She's just too needy. Constantly needs attention, approval. And yes, I really didn't get that her name was a weed reference until she came in wearing a pot shirt and wrote a monologue about how she smokes pot a lot. She made a common mistake if thinking that just talking about drugs is funny. It's not, but some people think that because it's illegal and a drug that it's automatic hi-larious hijinks. You still have to make actual jokes.

I'm glad Trinity has bounced back a little, I still don't think she's going to win but at least she broke through that barrier that a lot of previous queens in the same position as her (can't sing/sew/dance, complains about the challenges not being their 'thing') haven't been able to. Joselyn is doing way better than I thought she would initially, and Courtney is disappointing me. I had high hopes just because I knew who she was and she's worked with Willam.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:02 pm 

And now that we're halfish way through the queens, Bianca is my official pick for the winner. She's obviously top three but i'd like to see her win the most.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:03 pm 

^^ Me too

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:38 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

I was so happy Laganja went home that I actually jumped up and down. She's terrible.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:52 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Totally agree re: Bianca. I liked her from the start but was worried that she'd just devolve into the hateful queen. But over the last few episodes, she's really shown what a genuinely decent human being she is, apart from also being pretty damn talented.

I had the same reaction about Darienne being safe and thinking Ben would be sent home. I usually don't like when Ru does a double save, but I would've thrown my laptop across the room if she'd sent Ben home while keeping Darienne. I don't see Darienne doing anything particularly compelling, and she's just being super shady and downright mean. I hope she's sent home next.

I started out thinking Courtney would make top 3, but she's just so boring now. And it doesn't help that she's kinda mean. I know it's a competition, but knocking other people down to make yourself look better just makes me think you're not that great to begin with. Courtney being shitty is actually making Joslyn grow on me.

The last 2 episodes, Trinity has done really well. I don't know if I want to see her in the top 3, but I want her to keep going for now. I'm really glad she STFU and listened to what the more experienced queens (well, Ru and Bianca, because everyone else is just out for themselves) told her.

So forking glad Laganja is gone. She was awful. I didn't like her from the start - the only good thing about her was her boy-hair.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:12 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I didn't get the weed name either. Glad I'm not the only one because I felt pretty dumb. My mom got it immediately and couldn't believe I didn't pick up on it until last night.

This season seems lackluster. Not my favorite batch of contestants. I like Bianca but am not head over heals for anybody like I was for Nina, Pandora, or Jinx.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:02 pm 

I think Mars will especially love this.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:22 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

it was clear that darienne won the lip sync challenge so i have no idea why ru saved ben. i say it just about every week but i'm so ready for ben to go home.

it's really disappointing to find out that someone who you admire is a total crasshole in person so i felt bad for joslyn. it's amazing (awful) how courtney treats joslyn especially considering how she shared early in the competition how much of fan she is of courtney. ugh!

trinity is not a threat to anyone but i like how she was able to come out of her shell this episode

this might sound far fetch but if bianca doesn't win, she'll probably win miss congeniality.

laganga is awful. she has always come across as someone who tries way too hard but it really came out during the untuck portion with alyssa edwards. it was downright embarrassing. i got second hand embarrassment just watching her clucking and saying 'yes mama'. ugh!

Ben, Laganga, Trinity are my new bottom three.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:02 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

just watched episode 8 and laganga is gone! hooray!
her weed jokes sailed over my head and the untuck episode was more than enough. if ru kept her around any longer, i would've stopped watching. alyssa edwards was endearing especially towards the end and that's what made her memorable and an audience favorite. i think laganga was trying to do something similar but totally failed at it.

the comedy episode made it clear that bianca is the only queen i'm truly rooting for. adore and joslyn are the runner ups. although, i really like how trinity is bouncing back but it might be a little too late for me

i'm really bored of courtney. i forget she's there when she's not showing off her crappy personality.

ben, courtney, trinity are my new bottom three.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:31 am 

Buhhhhh? I don't understand why it wasn't Joslyn in the bottom two. Well… yeah, I mean, I guess it was pretty dang terrible to mess up your guests name, true. But, Joslyn messed up pretty horrendously, too, and also had a boring runway look!

I loved the lip-synch though, it was so dang sexy, them interacting off each other! Probably the most enigmatic lip-synch yet.

I do so love Bianca!

Yeah Courtney is still boring to me. Her talk show seemed like it was good enough yes, but other than the interest factor of her wings, I really disliked her outfit. Well, mostly just disliked the eyebrow things and no hair?

Come on, Adore, a muzzle in which you can't see your face hardly at all, and especially JUST after you said you can't wait for Paula to SEE the gorgeous woman (did she say woman 'of the ocean', too? I remember thinking whatever it was she said was adorable) she was.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:50 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

yep, adore really biffed this week, and i was SO relieved that she survived elimination. whew! come back strong next week, little one!

i had never seen (or heard of) cher's mom before (i don't know, apparently i live under a rock), but i loved that as soon as she opened her mouth and spoke, you could tell she was cher's mom.

p.s. darienne, you are SUCH an a-hole.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:02 am 
Discovered unobtainium

How is Cher's mom 87 and looking like that? I don't even think a portrait stuffed away somewhere would explain it. She seemed like a lot of fun.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:31 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

Mars wrote:
Buhhhhh? I don't understand why it wasn't Joslyn in the bottom two. Well… yeah, I mean, I guess it was pretty dang terrible to mess up your guests name, true. But, Joslyn messed up pretty horrendously, too, and also had a boring runway look!

I loved the lip-synch though, it was so dang sexy, them interacting off each other! Probably the most enigmatic lip-synch yet.

I do so love Bianca!

Yeah Courtney is still boring to me. Her talk show seemed like it was good enough yes, but other than the interest factor of her wings, I really disliked her outfit. Well, mostly just disliked the eyebrow things and no hair?

Come on, Adore, a muzzle in which you can't see your face hardly at all, and especially JUST after you said you can't wait for Paula to SEE the gorgeous woman (did she say woman 'of the ocean', too? I remember thinking whatever it was she said was adorable) she was.

Joslyn apparently had a very good interview, right up until her question on abortion, which she later clarified and apologized for. Ms. Holt even said it wasn't that she was offended, just taken off guard. Also, I'm imagining the producers want her around to lip synch against Courtney.

I still want Darienne to go home asap, but I was glad that she at least owned her bitchiness and semi-apologized for it when called out.

On a completely unrelated note, I have a new favorite recap website for the show: http://blandcanyon.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:40 am 
Discovered unobtainium

I still think this is kind of a boring cast. I keep waiting for someone to break out of the pack for me. None of them are my new imaginary best friend (Nina, call me). If I stopped watching this season, I wouldn't miss any of them. I would miss the show because it's campy fun and I've been a Ru fan since the 90s (and have the limited edition pink vinyl to prove it), but wouldn't really be curious about any of the queens. Is it just me? Every other season I've adored at least one, and usually two or more. I'm disappointed, especially since I finally got my mom hooked. I keep telling her that it's usually so much better.

Each episode I just get more nostalgic for old cast members.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:40 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

WHY WAS JOSLYN NOT ELIMINATED?! When Ru said "You're safe", me and Mr. Bun went "WHAT?!" simultaneously. WHAT.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 707 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next