| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: hellooo
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:15 pm 
Tofu Pup

not sure why i've never joined the forum but hi! i'm in oak park! anyone still on here in detroit area?

Post subject: Re: hellooo
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:58 pm 
Memorized Veganomicon

Hi! I am but I'm mostly a lurker around here. I'm in north Royal Oak.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:08 am 
Tofu Pup

ZoeTate wrote:
Hi! I am but I'm mostly a lurker around here. I'm in north Royal Oak.

hi! i'm assuming you are vegan? any places you really love to eat in the area?
i've been dying to find good chinese around here but no luck!

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 6:51 pm 
Memorized Veganomicon

Hi, sorry, I'm not actually vegan which is part of the reason I'm really only a lurker around here. I do like to mostly cook and eat vegan. My favorite place in the area is Anita's Kitchen but that's Lebanese.

I believe Red Star in Dearborn is supposed to have plenty of vegan options, and Veg Michigan just had a meetup at Bamboo Garden in Westland. I've never been to either place though. Did you go to VegFest? There were a bunch of restaurants there. Unfortunately I can't remember any Chinese ones but there were a couple of soul food places, a food truck (burgers) and a chocolate store in Birmingham that does some delicious iced mochas with almond milk & vegan dark chocolate.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 8:48 pm 
Tofu Pup

anita's kitchen is close to my house but i've never been there because i love pita cafe!!

i haven't been to red star in ages. i dont even remember if i liked it! and i did go to vegfest-i did not like most of the restaurants unfortunately. i prefer to not have so much of the fake meat! most restaurants that do veg really work around fake meat and i'm not a huge fan.

i actually just went to tai fai in oak park the other day. asian place. so yummy and fresh! i was kinda shocked because it looks kinda sketchy from the outside.

anyway thanks! i'll have to try anita's finally! i hear good things

ZoeTate wrote:
Hi, sorry, I'm not actually vegan which is part of the reason I'm really only a lurker around here. I do like to mostly cook and eat vegan. My favorite place in the area is Anita's Kitchen but that's Lebanese.

I believe Red Star in Dearborn is supposed to have plenty of vegan options, and Veg Michigan just had a meetup at Bamboo Garden in Westland. I've never been to either place though. Did you go to VegFest? There were a bunch of restaurants there. Unfortunately I can't remember any Chinese ones but there were a couple of soul food places, a food truck (burgers) and a chocolate store in Birmingham that does some delicious iced mochas with almond milk & vegan dark chocolate.