| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:20 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Great Big Birth Stories Thread
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:00 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

Typing it up right now... Posting later today :)

“I did not become a vegetarian for my health, I did it for the health of the chickens.”

I blog @ Mama To Feingold Kids

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:07 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

I went to bed on Friday night (Oct 26), cuddling with my almost 4yr old. Woke up 3hrs later when contractions 7-9mins apart and not feeling too great. Tried to fall back asleep, but things just didn’t seem right. Got up to use the washroom, and started feeling sick. Food came back up a few minutes later… and again, and again… about 4-5 times that night. I also started feeling contractions getting closer together and timed them at 5mins apart. Things were moving along, finally! Around 6am, I really couldn’t handle it anymore, and woke up my husband. Told him we had to go. Contractions were 3mins apart at that point. And I was still feeling sick. We took a taxi to the hospital and got sent to “first contact” where they monitored me. After about 2hrs, things weren’t progressing much. I was stuck at 1cm and 75% effaced. They told me to go walk around for an hour and see if things would start up again (contractions had been slowing down). I walked around the halls for about 20mins and started feeling faint and seeing spots. My blood pressure was low, I felt like crepe and things weren’t getting anywhere. Doc came to see me and said because of all my symptoms, that they wouldn’t be sending me home in this state. Fast forward about 2hrs (it’s now noon) and I’m feeling a bit better. Contractions have slowed down to 5-6mins apart and no progress has been made. OB told me that I would be better off to go home and let things move along in more comfort. We talked a bit about other options and she said she could maybe check if there would be a spot to induce me that day instead of Monday or Wednesday. Turns out, hospital was full and I had to go back home. Buuut, she had some somewhat good news. They had found me a spot for Sunday morning at 7am instead. I had a day/time. I was happier. We went home, got some rest and headed for the hospital again at 6:30am on Sunday. Samuel got to stay at my parents’ house during this whole ordeal.

Anyway, I got settled in, put on monitors for 30mins and checked again. I was now a good 2cm and contracting strongly every 3-4mins. After a good hour, they were getting really painful and I asked for the epidural while I still had time. They checked me and I was now at 4cm. In went the needle and pain was gone… or so I thought. Things started progressing fast after 11am. Pain was coming back and there was nothing comfortable. Around 1pm, I started feeling more pressure. Doc came to break my water. TONS of green goop that looked like pea soup. He’d pooped! A few mins later, he was getting lower and his head was pushing on my pelvic bones (on the right side of my groin area) were gonna fall apart. It hurt a ton! I mean, like, I felt like my body was going to break in half, type of pain. Let me tell you, if you’ve never dealt with SPD, you are very lucky. This was just unbearable! It got so bad, you could hear the bones cracking every time. I was crying uncontrollably during every contraction (2mins apart) by 2pm. They tried giving me a second dose of epi to help, but it wasn’t touching the site of the pain at all. So the nurse called the anesthesiologist, and he recommended 10cc of something MUCH stronger (can’t remember the name but it was Dilo something). After a few minutes, I was completely numb from the ribs down. Pain was gone but baby didn’t like the contractions I was getting and had bad decels… and the medication made me shake so much, I thought I was gonna pass out. By 3pm I was now at 8cm and completely effaced. And then 3:35 hit and it was time to push. Uhh, yeah, I don’t know how they wanted me to, because frankly, I felt like I had no body. I gave it a try though and he moved a little bit. But things were too strong for him to handle and his heartrate went too low. One of the nurses had to push down on his butt while another made me push as hard/fast as I could. Monitors were beeping, baby was in distress and doc told me he HAD to come out. I gave it one last try and out he came at 3:45pm. Peeing on daddy! Yes, that’s right, pushing was done in less than 10mins. And I couldn’t even feel a thing. It was so weird! She said I had a 2nd degree tear and she would fix it as I got to hold my boy. But he was choking on meconium and they had to take him away to aspirate him and then give him a gastric wash.

When he came back, things were calmer. I had time to recover from the whole ordeal and he was doing much better. They put him on the scale and what I thought was gonna be a 8lb-ish baby, turned into 11oz more. Bigger than his 8lbs2oz brother, Samuel. So yes, Elijah Spencer came into the world at 3:45pm on October 28th 2012, at 8lbs11oz and 20.5in tall. Big boy! I’m in looove! Things are going great! :-)

“I did not become a vegetarian for my health, I did it for the health of the chickens.”

I blog @ Mama To Feingold Kids

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:18 am 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

[sorry, I completely failed at keeping this brief!]

For anyone who has seen me posting the last few weeks, we were due a few days before Christmas, and planning on a natural birth at a birthing centre. Unfortunately my midwife was only happy with us delivering there up to 41 weeks, so when our baby was still comfortably inside on the 30th despite several acupuncture appointments I was pretty disappointed.

Woke up just after midnight on Sunday night/Monday morning [new years eve] feeling surges every 8-10 minutes and got really excited. I got up and spent the next 7 hours in our baby's room just relaxing, breathing through everything, and thinking about our baby's birth, as the intervals decreased to 6-8 minutes. After my husband got up around 8, everything slowed right down to 10-15 minute gaps. We went for a walk around 11:30, and for the rest of the day things varied between 7-12 minutes. In the evening I was finding the pressure harder to take, so got my husband to press on my lower back when the surges came. We tried to go to bed around 10 and he went to sleep but I was finding it really hard to lie down, and starting to have more trouble with the surges. I threw up around 2am, had a shower which helped a little, threw up again around 4am and got my husband out of bed. We finally remembered I have a wheatbag around 5am which was a lifesaver because my back was actually bruised from how hard he had been pressing on it and the heat felt pretty good.

10am new years day we met my midwife at the local hospital for a check, and I was 2-3cm but still not very thinned. She put me on a CTG monitor and the contractions were hitting around 50% of max and at least 4-6 minutes apart. She sent us home to call her when it was 3-4 minutes apart, 60 seconds long, for 3-4 hours. From 12-5pm we were consistently hitting 60 seconds four minutes apart so went and met her at her clinic for another check, when I was fully effaced but only 3cm. This time she said to go home and call her when I physically couldn't take it any more.
Pretty much as soon as we got home and for the next three hours things stayed on the same time frame but I was finding everything so much harder to take. I was really disheartened because I'd been in labour for over 40 hours and I just couldn't see the end in sight, and certainly couldn't see it happening soon. I knew my husband would need to sleep and knew I wouldn't be able to, so I was looking at spending another night awake and dealing with intense pressure on my own, so we called my midwife and went into the hospital where I was to deliver at 10pm.

I was really relieved to find out I had actually made some progress and was 5cm, and the contractions were all off the charts in intensity [though still at least 4 minutes apart]. I felt so much better to know the reason the last few hours had been so much harder to cope with wasn't just because I was getting tired and giving up, but because things were actually more intense.

We walked the halls of the hospital after the monitoring was finished, still using the wheatbag for relief about every 2 minutes. Both of our parents came in for support, we met them and introduced my midwife etc then left them outside and decided to try the pool to see if that eased the pressure any. My midwife was out of the room doing some paperwork so it was just the two of us when I got in which was really nice. The last surges before I stepped in were really tough to take, and pretty much as soon as I touched the water they felt more intense, and really close together [we were past timing anything by this point]. Within a couple of minutes I felt completely different pressure and was pretty sure the baby was coming even though I couldn't really believe it. My husband found the midwife and she wanted to check me but she took one look and said 'this baby's coming now!' I was in a really awkward position in the pool because it was just what felt comfortable for me, and I was having trouble understanding what she was asking me to do when she asked me to move. She offered me gas and as everything was so overwhelming, I decided to use it. Within a couple of breaths, the baby's head was out, I couldn't believe it! I was just watching my husband who was standing about 2m back from the pool bouncing up and down and clapping, he was so excited!

But all of a sudden my midwife was really worried and told me I needed to stand up straight away. I couldn't hold myself up, so my husband supported me while she tried to get the baby's shoulders free. When that didn't work after [what felt like] a few seconds, she told him to press the emergency button [which scared the hell out of me] and said I needed to get out of the pool right then. I of course couldn't climb, so he leaned over and hauled me out and onto the bed, and pretty much as he put me down, the rest of the baby came out. By this time several hospital midwives, a nurse, and I think maybe a doctor had come running into the room. The baby was a bit purple and they were worried and the hospital staff pretty much overrode my midwife who wanted to delay the cord clamping and demanded she cut the cord straight away which we were a bit disappointed in and so was my midwife. With all the drama, no one even thought to check for about 3 minutes till we realised we still didn't know, so my midwife held her up and we found out we had a daughter. She was born half and hour after midnight on 02 January, roughly 48 hours after labour began.

She was absolutely healthy despite the initial concerns, and weighed in at a strapping 9lb1oz. I had her on my chest minutes after she was born, and feeding shortly after.

I was so disappointed when I found out I wasn't able to birth at the birthing centre, and consoled myself with hoping that one day I would realise there was a reason why it wasn't to be. But when my midwife said, shortly after the birth, that she was so relieved we were in the hospital [even though nothing was actually done that couldn't have been done at the birthing centre, she knew better than we did what the potential alternative outcomes from shoulder dystocia were] I had a total sense of calm that we were in the right place.

Best achievement of my life, I am so amazed at how beautiful and perfect she is, and I can't imagine life without her.

Apologies for the novel, but it was a pretty long couple of days so I guess that warrants a long story!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:17 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

All birth stories should be novels, and yours was a great read. Congratulations on your new baby girl!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:50 am 
Bathes in Braggs

so glad your stuck baby came unstuck and birthed without you actually needing any interventions!!! what a great story, and congratulations again oww <3

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:22 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Thanks for sharing your story! You are amazing! I remember that feeling so well of being in such intense pain but finding that you hadn't dilated very much. Also, not believing that your baby was actually going to be born! Congratulations!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:43 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

man you are a WARRIOR!!!!!

i cant believe how long you stuck out the pain and contractions. you are amazing!

can you tell me (or someone tell me) why you were disappointed about cutting the cord so quick? i just dont understand that part.

i had to chuckle that it took you a good 3+ minutes before you checked what the gender was though i totally understand!

congrats on your crazy crazy amazing achievement. glad you were able to be at peace with birthing in the hospital in the end.

you havent told us the babies name yet! :-)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:23 am 

TheCrabbyCrafter wrote:
All birth stories should be novels, and yours was a great read. Congratulations on your new baby girl!!!

This, absolutely. I loved reading your story!

http://toocheapforpinenuts.wordpress.com/

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:26 am 
Semen Strong

Congratulations! I guess everything happens for a reason, and its so good that you were able to find some peace with all the outcomes. So happy for you and your little girl!

And thank you so much for sharing your birth story! Its exciting to read what other moms go through and I feel like its so important to share our stories to normalize birth and get that not everyone has the same experience. <3

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:58 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

sometimes as much as these birth stories scare me/make me nervous i find them very empowering to read!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:56 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Thank you for sharing your story! So amazing that you were able to have an almost entirely unmedicated birth and basically no interventions, despite it being long and hard.

We had a blue, floppy baby and I was also disappointed that the cord was cut so quickly - in our case it was wrapped tightly once around her neck and I think the midwife just chose to cut instead of try to maneuver her out of it because she was freaked, but I've always felt like she probably would've pinked up on her own if she just stayed attached to her oxygen source. Y'never know, though. Decisions have to be made in the moment and probably lots of different paths would lead to similar results.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:20 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

suh...I just saw your story now too, thanks for posting that! What a difference between your labor and pushing stages!

oww, that sounds tough. Glad that you got a nice birth in the end. I too, felt really glad in the end that we were at the hospital for the delivery. Freya was born not breathing and I had some minor complications. I had hoped to deliver at home, but the universe sent me to the right place, I think. :) Your munchkin is beautiful, and you look so happy! (You also look amazingly like one of my friends from Chicago!)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:04 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

How did I miss both these birth stories? I am always surveying to see if this thread is active because I am a total birth story addict. Thank you ladies for sharing. Your experience sounds so intense Stuck. I didn't quite understand - did your labor have to be induced/managed chemically or was it just having your water broken that moved things along? Glad your little man was OK after all that! I had SPD pretty badly too during my pregnancy and was super scared about how delivery was going to go since haven my knees more than a few inches apart killed me - but frequent trips to the chiropractor in the last weeks of pregnancy helped me a ton and I don't actually remember having especial pain in that area during delivery (could have been maybe some contractions distracting me from it though!) My SPD pain was completely gone by about 6 week post-partum I think. Did you have it with both your pregnancies?

OWW your birth story was great - definitely not too long. I cannot imagine coming out of the birthing pool while delivering!!! So glad little girl is safe and sound (as well as you!) after your emergency.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:49 am 

Thanks for the nice words, it was a crazy couple of days but we are so happy now!

LisaPunk wrote:
can you tell me (or someone tell me) why you were disappointed about cutting the cord so quick? i just dont understand that part.

Partly because my husband was meant to get to cut the cord, though he ended up being much more physically involved in the birth itself than either of us anticipated so he's ok with missing out on that. And also we wanted to have delayed clamping so the baby could get the maximum benefit from the placenta [the cord keeps pulsing and supplying oxygen after the baby is born].

Tofulish wrote:
Congratulations! I guess everything happens for a reason, and its so good that you were able to find some peace with all the outcomes. So happy for you and your little girl!

And thank you so much for sharing your birth story! Its exciting to read what other moms go through and I feel like its so important to share our stories to normalize birth and get that not everyone has the same experience. <3

I definitely feel at peace with where we ended up, especially considering the hospital room was actually a lot nicer [and bigger!] than I anticipated, and we didn't see another medical person other than when they were called in at the last second.
Certainly no two birth experiences are the same, and I feel like ours was somewhat of a combination of a marathon and a sprint!

Ariann wrote:
Thank you for sharing your story! So amazing that you were able to have an almost entirely unmedicated birth and basically no interventions, despite it being long and hard.

We had a blue, floppy baby and I was also disappointed that the cord was cut so quickly - in our case it was wrapped tightly once around her neck and I think the midwife just chose to cut instead of try to maneuver her out of it because she was freaked, but I've always felt like she probably would've pinked up on her own if she just stayed attached to her oxygen source. Y'never know, though. Decisions have to be made in the moment and probably lots of different paths would lead to similar results.

Yeah, it is really hard to look at these things with hindsight. I guess we just have to trust our care providers and that they are experienced at these things and will make the right call for us in the moment.

refinnej wrote:
oww, that sounds tough. Glad that you got a nice birth in the end. I too, felt really glad in the end that we were at the hospital for the delivery. Freya was born not breathing and I had some minor complications. I had hoped to deliver at home, but the universe sent me to the right place, I think. :) Your munchkin is beautiful, and you look so happy! (You also look amazingly like one of my friends from Chicago!)

I really like the idea of the universe/whatever looking after us and making sure we were where we needed to be for our babies!

annasrobbie wrote:
OWW your birth story was great - definitely not too long. I cannot imagine coming out of the birthing pool while delivering!!! So glad little girl is safe and sound (as well as you!) after your emergency.

I can't really imagine it either. It all happened so fast and I guess I'm just lucky that my husband is a lot taller than me, and a gym junkie so he was easily able to lift me up and out and across the room to the bed, while my midwife looked out for the baby's head! We must have looked pretty weird...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:28 pm 
Nooch of Earl

LisaPunk wrote:

Here's a link one of my smart friends sent me about delayed cord clamping: http://academicobgyn.com/2009/12/03/del ... bstetrics/

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:27 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

thanks i will check it out. i hadnt gotten to that part in any of my books yet (if it's in there)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:33 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

LisaPunk wrote:
thanks i will check it out. i hadnt gotten to that part in any of my books yet (if it's in there)

I didn't know anything about it at first, but made the decision to delay cord clamping because the option was there in the birth plan section of my pregnancy notes and delaying cord clamping sounded like the more natural route, which is what I was going for. It was only after (long after) I'd made the decision when I learned the extra blood is good for the n00b!

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 10:53 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

To prepare for Sebastian’s birth I practiced Hypnobabies from about 26 weeks until he was born. I did faithfully listen to my assigned track and affirmations each day, but otherwise was not a very good student as I did not practice the “fingerdrops” during the day or practice in any position other then laying in bed (mostly while “asleep”).

Because my first baby was a 42 week induction, as my due date neared I started “natural” techniques to try to jumpstart labor, including listening to the “come out baby” hypnobabies track and was happy to hear at my office visits that I was having cervical changes on my own that I had never had with the previous pregnancy. My due date however came and went without a baby and I started to get a little more aggressive with my induction techniques. On the 20th I did a few minutes of nipple stimulation which set up regular painless pressure waves that continued every 3-5 minutes throughout the day. I went and had my first ever acupuncture visit (totally painless!) and went home expecting to have my baby in my arms before midnight. The waves fizzled out though and the next morning my husband accompanied me to my 41 week pre-natal appointment. There it was discovered that my blood pressure was elevated quite a bit and because of that in addition to my very favorable cervix (dilated to a 4 and 70%) my midwife and I decided to go to the hospital for an induction that day. (Funny enough my blood pressure was picture perfect when I checked in at the hospital and remained great throughout labor!)

The induction was by nipple stimulation which worked really well to start regular pressure waves every 3-5 minutes, however I had to keep the stimulation up or they would peter out. After 4 or 5 hours of this my midwife checked me and found that I was 5cm and 80% so she gave me the choice of continuing as we were doing or she could break my water. I chose to have the water broken. After this, I still needed to either be up and walking around or doing nipple stimulation to keep the waves coming steadily, but they were apparently growing in intensity. I was still very comfortable just noticing a significant of my abdomen during the pressure waves. I labored in the bathtub for awhile, but because baby was so low the monitor had to be handheld over my pubic bone to monitor baby which was uncomfortable for everyone, so I chose to do most of my later labor sitting in taylor position in bed. At some point I was checked again and found to be at a 9. I was so excited because I was about to meet my baby! The midwife left me to labor for awhile longer, checking back periodically to ask if I felt “pushy” or “different” and the answer was always “no”. After hours of this, she asked if she could check my progress and said I was still dilated to a 9 and she felt that the baby was a little tilted to the left and therefore was not making the progress we wanted. She recommend I labor on the birth ball for a little while. (Bubble of Peace – while on the birth ball I could not completely relax during my pressure waves because I felt very unsteady, so suddenly my completely painless pressure waves became very intense and required deep breathing/vocalizing to make it through them. I don’t know how long I stayed in this position, but eventually I said I had to move and we went back to the bed.) My midwife checked again and said I was still at a 9 but that I was very, very soft and she would like us to try a practice push even though I did not feel “pushy.” I did and everyone in the room started yelling because he started to crown. I then had two more totally involuntary pushes and Sebastian was born! 7 lbs even and 19 inches long. He was placed on my abdomen because his cord was very short. After a few minutes my husband cut the cord and they brought baby to my chest. We had 10-15 minutes of skin to skin time, which was lovely. (Bubble of Peace – The infant nurse felt his temperature and respirations warranted a stay in the nursery under the warming lights so Sebastian was taken for about 2 hours while they monitored him, but determined that everything was fine)
I delivered the placenta uneventfully and had a few stitches put in because I had torn again along the scar tissue from my previous birth.

Hypnobabies worked so well for me I am amazed. During my hospital stay every new nurse mentioned how they had heard about my “awesome” birth and said I needed to teach a class ;)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:31 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Wow!! What a great story!!

(And I just realised I still haven't written Vax's from last year!) ;p

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:44 pm 

You're amazing, Annasrobbie! What a great birth!

This thread definitely needs more birth stories, I can't believe mine was the last one posted and Westiebaby is 17 months old today!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:29 am 

What an amazing story, annasrobbie! So cool that the hypnosis worked so well for you!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:37 pm 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

Jonah's birth went well, but it was annoyingly governed by bureaucracy, or whatever the medical equivalent of that is. I was scheduled for a C-section on Thursday, August 19 (which they forgot to tell me about, but that's another story) because, due to my diabetes and Jonah's estimated size (>9.5 lbs), he was at risk of getting his shoulders stuck on the way out. Thursday was the earliest they could perform a C-section, because they won't deliver before 39 weeks without a medical reason (this is significant later).

On Monday, June 16, I woke up two minutes before my alarm clock and my water broke. No question that's what it was. Gushing, soaked several towels and my bed, went on a long time. So, as instructed, we called my doctors and headed to the hospital. Arrived at the hospital around 8 AM. The hospital was inundated with C-sections that day, so I was scheduled for one in the evening, around 5 PM. They set me up in a surgery prep/recovery bed in a big room divided with curtains that's meant to be used for just a short time. Set me up on monitors. Ran a few tests. Everything was fine, except the tests for amniotic fluid were negative. (Wrong pH results, no ferning, no visual confirmation of fluid leaking.) The nurse told us that these tests were 90% accurate, so in fact my water didn't break, I peed myself. And they were sending me home.

Believe me I wasn't going home. I knew if I did, I'd be having a baby in my living room.

There was no way my water hadn't broken, based on how much fluid came out, if nothing else. My bladder hasn't had that much room in months! And of course, I was having regular contractions about four minutes apart. I actually convinced the nurse, but we had to convince the doctor, who we were communicating with over the phone. Because they couldn't perform the C-section before 39 weeks without a medical reason, and my water breaking was my medical reason. We ran the tests again, and they came up negative again. But the nurse (who was really wonderful) convinced my doctor that my water really did break. (And the test involved a vaginal exam, but the beds of course didn't have stirrups or anything like that, so doing it involved propping my asparagus on a bucket. These beds weren't intended to be used for very long.)

But we were still on the schedule for 5 PM, and of course I'd started into labor already since my water broke at 7:30 AM. I labored in the prep area for awhile (it's not meant for that, so there aren't any of the usual birth room amenities) until my nurse finagled us a private room to "wait" in. By around 2 PM, I was well into active labor and the nurse suspected I'd reached transition, though I wasn't really being monitored for vaginal birth since that wasn't the plan. We kept trying to get a hold of the doctor to move up the C-section time, but we weren't getting a response. Finally got a promise that she'd be there at 3 PM. Only she didn't arrive until 4 PM.

The C-section itself went fine. I was happy to not be in pain anymore, and I think that was outweighing any fear of surgery I might have had otherwise. I just felt very warm and comfortable. Jonah came out in the first few minutes of the surgery, and after a quick check he came to hang out on my chest while they finished up the surgery. He was 8lbs 10oz. Or well below the estimated weight that made us schedule the C-section in the first place! Also no jaundice or low blood sugar (other problems babies of diabetic moms can have.) On the way out of the operating room, my OB and endocrinologist both paused to tell me I should have another baby since it went so well. (What the hell, right?)

(Not recorded here: the problems getting me a room after the birth; the many medication issues over the following days; the totally inappropriate "carb controlled" meals they tried to feed me at first)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:44 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Wow, were you as calm in the moment as you come across in the re-telling?!

(Oh, and 8#10oz was 2 months early?? Or were you scheduled for June 19?)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:47 pm 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

June! I have fuzzy baby mind. He was born at 38 weeks 4 days.

I think I actually was that calm, other than the normal discomfort during later contractions. I mean, I wasn't going to leave the hospital no matter what they said, but I think I was firm more than anything.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:56 pm 
Naked Under Apron

oh wow mollyjade, despite your calmness, that sounds intense! I would love to know why the hell the amniotic water tests were coming out negative, and waiting for the dr would have made me crazy. (What is up with that? they felt in advance a c-section was medically necessary but you being in active labor for that long was ok?) Sorry to hear about the poor aftercare experience too; I think for me the subsequent hospital stay was a much bigger ordeal than the surgeries themselves.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next