| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7771 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 311  Next
 Post subject: Pregnancy Updates Thread
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:03 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Update us on your pregnancy here!

Post subject: Re: Pregnancy Updates Thread
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:45 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I am still pregnant on the new boards!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:52 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

went to doctor today. everything is going fine. gotta go back in two weeks for my glucose test (boo). i'm trying to decide if i want to get a flu shot as well. i've never gotten one before, and i'm a stay at home mom who keeps pretty close to home so it's not exactly like i'm high risk. still, being sick AND pregnant SUCKS.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:18 pm 

Woohoo! My glucose test is tomorrow. My nasty orange drink is chilling as we speak.

I need to figure out the flu shot thing, too.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:45 pm 

hope your test went well, pinko!

i'm leaning toward getting the shot. i've been sick all week (not the flu), and it's been miserable. plus, i'll feel less panicky about taking my toddler germy places like the library this winter.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:47 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

Is 33 weeks too early to have kankles? Because I have them.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:59 pm 

I went ahead and got my flu shot while I was at the doctor's this morning. I won't know the results of my blood tests for a few days (they were going to check for anemia along with gestational diabetes).

I feel like I should be asking my doctor more questions, but I don't really have any. Our visits take like 5 minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:49 pm 
Chip Strong

I didn't announce on the old boards before the switch, but I'm pregnant! I wasn't really comfortable announcing all over the internet until I heard the heartbeat yesterday. I just started my second trimester and am really hoping that this whole all food sounds gross thing goes away soon. I do have a new found love for granny smith apples though.

I don't know what to do about the flu shot. I've never had the flu and have never gotten the shot but I'm sort of leaning towards it this year.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:15 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

Congratulations sashi!! I hated food my first trimester, but somewhere around 15-16 weeks I became hungry all the time. I pigged out for a couple of months, and now I'm back to not wanting to eat. Just go with it, eat when you can. I have been a maniac for citrus fruit this entire pregnancy. I want to eat 20 tangerines and wash them down with unsweetened lemonade. Granny smiths are good! Your baby must like them.

Make sure you post in the due date thread!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:34 pm 
Saggy Butt

sashi wrote:
I do have a new found love for granny smith apples though.

i hear that! i totally subsisted mostly on apples for the first half of my pregnancy. though my apple of choice was golden delicious.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:16 am 
Chip Strong

mittenmacher wrote:
Congratulations sashi!! I hated food my first trimester, but somewhere around 15-16 weeks I became hungry all the time.

Thanks! In the last week I've definitely started getting more of an appetite but nothing sounds good to eat. I'm in my 15th week so I'm hoping that in the next couple of weeks things get a little better. I've been avoiding restaurants and pretty much any other social activity for the last couple of months.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:26 am 
Level 7 Vegan

sashi wrote:
mittenmacher wrote:
Congratulations sashi!! I hated food my first trimester, but somewhere around 15-16 weeks I became hungry all the time.

Thanks! In the last week I've definitely started getting more of an appetite but nothing sounds good to eat. I'm in my 15th week so I'm hoping that in the next couple of weeks things get a little better. I've been avoiding restaurants and pretty much any other social activity for the last couple of months.

Restaurants were pretty much the only places I could eat, because preparing and cooking food grossed me out. If someone brought me a tofu scramble on a plate, I could eat it, but if I had to chop the vegetables and saute everything myself I was ready to hurl. We ate a lot of take out the first few months, and things that are ready instantly, like cereal and rice cakes with peanut butter.

The no fun thing about the third trimester is that there is just no room in my stomach now. I'm not nauseous, but there is a hard little butt in my stomach. If I eat a normal-sized meal my stomach has nowhere to go but up into my ribs and it hurts like hell. So I'd rather not be around delicious food anymore because I want to eat it, but I know if I overdo it I will be in a world of pain. They say eat frequent small meals, but there is so little room in there and my digestive tract is moving so slowly, I stay full for at least 6 hours. I'm glad I gave the kid all those calories while I could, because he's putting us both on a diet now.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:29 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Congrats sashi!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:28 pm 
Chip Strong

JENNA wrote:
Congrats sashi!!!!!

Thank you!!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:22 pm 
Inflexitarian

sashi wrote:
I didn't announce on the old boards before the switch, but I'm pregnant! I wasn't really comfortable announcing all over the internet until I heard the heartbeat yesterday. I just started my second trimester and am really hoping that this whole all food sounds gross thing goes away soon. I do have a new found love for granny smith apples though.

I don't know what to do about the flu shot. I've never had the flu and have never gotten the shot but I'm sort of leaning towards it this year.

Congratulations Sashi!!!! Your baby officially rocks since he/she is in love with Granny smith's.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:07 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

yay for you Sashi, i hope that the food things gets better.

Mitten, do you think you will be the first birth on the new boards?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:21 am 
Level 7 Vegan

Well, hopefully we'll hear from helbury soon!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:16 am 

congrats, sashi! i'm sure your food hate will abate soon!

mitten! i so remember not having room for food! ugh, and the horrible heartburn i got as a result. my sympathies! i'm getting big so much faster this time i'm already starting to get full after much less.

i cannot believe there are no november babies.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:54 am 
Bathes in Braggs

ok, officially the worst night of my life was our first one in portugal last january, so i was maybe 7 months pregnant? we were staying at a friend's empty apartment, arrived really late and STARVING, and the only thing to eat was tomato sauce and spaghetti. i ate way too much and was up all night with the worst heart burn i've ever experienced. it was even worse than the heart burn i had while i was in labour! we were in a pretty quiet part of town and there was nothing open and i didn't even know if they had Tums in portugal anyway... i actually forced myself to puke up my meal just so i could go lie down. SO crappy. the moral of the story is, don't eat spicy tomato sauce in the third trimester, and never go anywhere without a giant bottle of antacid.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:06 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

congrats Sashi!

The heartburn is the worst.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:37 pm 
Has Isa on speed dial

Congrats Sashi!

I'm still pregnant too, 18 weeks on Monday. Nothing much going on with me other serious congestion and itchy skin. And my weight gain is terrifying me. Let's just say I've gained a lot more than what is recommended at this point and it's doing a number on my head. I'm not eating a ridiculous amount of food but I feel like the scale is higher every day. I want to be okay with it and just let nature run it's course, but it's hard!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:14 pm 
Has Isa on speed dial

Oh and I did get the flu shot a few weeks ago since I'm a librarian in a public library and my husband works in a public school, both of which are notorious germ factories. I felt fine afterwards other than a sore shoulder for a day or two.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:17 pm 

ugh, ducky, i was a library clerk, and i have never gotten sick more often!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:45 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

I work in a school library, touching books that little kids have sneezed on and licked. I've never had a flu shot, but I've never had the flu. I think I'm close enough that I'm just going to risk it (knocks on wood). I use purell every 5 minutes though, seriously.

ducky, I was the same way in my second trimester. I gained 6-7 pounds every 4 weeks. I was kind of terrified, but like I said above, now I can barely eat, so it's all evening out. Most of the weight is fluid, so don't worry. You will have 40-50% more blood by the time this thing is over! Amazing, huh?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:10 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Mitten I had cankles way earlier than 33 weeks! The heat this summer made them swell like you wouldn't believe. I'm happy to say that they are now completely back to normal size though!

And congratulations sashi!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7771 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 311  Next