| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Washing after touching your privates
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:25 pm 
WELFARIST!

i always wash my hands in public bathrooms, but that's mostly just because...public bathrooms are gross. at home, after i use the toilet, i wash sporadically. i mean, if i touch something inadvertantly, or get pee on my hand, or the tp slips, then i do. i always wash my hands before cooking, though, so you're safe to eat at my house, i suppose.

i never really thought about it being like touching someone's junk when i shake their hand though. thanks to whoever brought that up first.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:38 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

At home, I always wash my hands after using the toilet. Same holds true for public bathrooms. Often, I wash before I use the toilet, especially when I'm surfing the crimson wave.

WASH YOUR HANDS!!! I don't want to shake hands with shiitake particle/pee-spray/snotty bit hands.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:41 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I used to make an ex wash his hands all the time. We used to fight about it, but it's gross not to. I don't want someone's unwashed junk in my face, either. I don't know, maybe we're just weirdos, but everyone takes a break to wash up before getting busy, unless there's been a recent shower. We also go through a lot of hand soap.

Someone I work with licks their fingers before flipping through sheets of paper and it makes me want to vomit. I can't sanitize my copies, though!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:45 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I thought this thread was about washing your hands after masturbating.
To which I thought, people do that?

But after the bathroom I'd vote yest. Not because your privates are dirty, but door knobs and bathrooms in general are a bit icky.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:58 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

Oh, I definitely wash hands after having sex or masturbating... I mean, it's all wet and stuff. And I have to wash the vag, too, or else my pantaloons get gross. I always try to remember to do the post-sexy time washing before I fall asleep, because I don't want to accidentally rub the bf's custard in my eye or something... That wouldn't be cool.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:02 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Y'all need to get some non-latex gloves and start having safer sex! That hangnail will get you a STI just as quickly as your member.

/safersexnazi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:20 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

Grrrrrreat... Luckily, neither the BF nor I have any STIs.

But I bet that won't stop me from eyeing those finger cots at Walgreens now... Sigh.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:29 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

stephanie wrote:
I do exactly this. I just straight up ask. It can indeed be awkward, especially if you don't know the person you're fooling around with very well, but after the first time someone touched my junk without washing their hands after they'd been dicing chilies sans gloves, I knew there was no other way to go. I figure that if my simple request for hygiene is going to turn someone off that much, I shouldn't be banging them in the first place!

OUCH.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:53 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

Yeah, you hand washers - you need non-latex gloves for sex!

Good thing I'm already filthy, I can go bare.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:59 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I'd say everyone should use em. Plus they come in awesome fun colours.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:02 pm 
Thinks chickens are assholes

The gloves could be kinda sexy, team them up with diving goggles and a headband torch and you could have aaaall sorts of fun.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:33 pm 
Just Loathin' Around!

fezza wrote:
The gloves could be kinda sexy, team them up with diving goggles and a headband torch and you could have aaaall sorts of fun.

heh heh
Wear with full lab regalia and forgo any sexy time and just work quietly in the lab looking for gluons.

Panda With Cookie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:38 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

Location: In some dumb hotel in an equally dumb town...or in San Diego
sex is sounding way unfun right now

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:48 pm 
Saggy Butt

I rarely wash my hands in public bathrooms because I have eczema on my hands and public restroom soap is really really poor quality.

I do wash my hands at home and at people's houses but I usually carry around a small spray sanitizer and use that.

I do my best not to touch my body or soiled TP when wiping and when I do wash/sanitize, I use a clean towel to open the door.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:34 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

I'd be more concerned about the last person to have flushed the toilet than what's on my own hands. Hand sanitizer doesn't eliminate norovirus very well. Washing without soap is probably better than not washing at all. I say this as someone whose skin despises most liquid soaps and starts developing small cracks in the winter (lotion with urea seems to be the only thing that fixes it). The stuff at work is awful and the tap water is too hot, but I don't want other people's crud all over my keyboard.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:09 am 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

My partner stopped working in the yard for a pee break (inside) and didn't wash first. Yeah, you guessed it, poison ivy on his junk.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:17 am 

pandacookie wrote:
fezza wrote:

heh heh
Wear with full lab regalia and forgo any sexy time and just work quietly in the lab looking for gluons.

That's what chipmunk is for!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:08 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Shovel wrote:
My partner stopped working in the yard for a pee break (inside) and didn't wash first. Yeah, you guessed it, poison ivy on his junk.

that is terrible.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:35 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Even if you wash your hands thoroughly after handling hot peppers, you can still get the oils on someone's privates, which then means you get a warming sensation on your own. Ask me how I know this. When I said hot sex, that wasn't what I meant!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:46 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

designedtobekind wrote:
Even if you wash your hands thoroughly after handling hot peppers, you can still get the oils on someone's privates, which then means you get a warming sensation on your own. Ask me how I know this. When I said hot sex, that wasn't what I meant!

Oh my!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:24 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

People who feel strongly about handwashing should be making sure that there is fragrance-free soap in public bathrooms and in your house for guests to use. The odds of my getting sick from the nasty-ass soap in most public bathrooms are a lot higher than the odds of my getting sick from germs.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:35 am 

choirqueer wrote:
People who feel strongly about handwashing should be making sure that there is fragrance-free soap in public bathrooms and in your house for guests to use. The odds of my getting sick from the nasty-asparagus soap in most public bathrooms are a lot higher than the odds of my getting sick from germs.

Seriously, you're putting the responsibility for your personal hygiene on other people?! If you can't use scented soap carry some scent free soap with you.

It's not just a matter of being fussy, it is a public health issue. I wish some of you could see how ill some of us can get when infected with bacterial or viral infections. My father's last heart attack was caused by a stomach bug rendering him unable to retain his heart medication. Think about how many heart patients are out alone, not to mention all the other people with serious medical conditions which rely on medications to keep them safe & well.

It's not just about you suffering an illness, even if you're fine the person who handled the toilet flush & door handles before you may not be. You could carry that out into the general population though door handles, cash etc.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:43 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

fezz wrote:

It's not just a matter of being fussy, it is a public health issue. I wish some of you could see how ill some of us can get when infected with bacterial or viral infections. My father's last heart attack was caused by a stomach bug rendering him unable to retain his heart medication. Think about how many heart patients are out alone, not to mention all the other people with serious medical conditions which rely on medications to keep them safe & well.

It's not just about you suffering an illness, even if you're fine the person who handled the toilet flush & door handles before you may not be. You could carry that out into the general population though door handles, cash etc.

This. From what I can surmise, man of us on this board have pretty strong immune systems. I know that if I catch a random virus/bacterial infection (which I used to do quite frequently, working in a grocery store with the public and handling shipments of perishables), I'll recover in a fairly short amount of time. That doesn't mean I won't have several unpleasant days. Now, someone who has a compromised immune system (for instance, one who suffers from Lupus) is going to get a lot sicker and take a lot longer to recover from a bacterial infection that might leave permanaent damage. Just because you're ("you" in the general sense) not affected by the bacteria you touch and can't see, doesn't mean you're not spreading that bacteria to people who could be hurt by it.

I do wish antibacterial soap didn't exist, though.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:49 pm 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

fezza wrote:
Seriously, you're putting the responsibility for your personal hygiene on other people?! If you can't use scented soap carry some scent free soap with you.

It's not just a matter of being fussy, it is a public health issue. I wish some of you could see how ill some of us can get when infected with bacterial or viral infections.

please explain how the first statement isn't completely contradictory to the second.

The above has probably offended you. I have found it impossible to post to these forums without offending someone. I have preemptively said 25 hail seitans in the hope that I may appease the ppk gods and not be smote from these boards.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:15 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

shortbus wrote:
fezza wrote:

It's not just a matter of being fussy, it is a public health issue. I wish some of you could see how ill some of us can get when infected with bacterial or viral infections.

please explain how the first statement isn't completely contradictory to the second.

If you have sensitivity to certain soaps, you can bring your own (my dad does this).

If you have a weakened immune system you can...never leave your house or interact with other people?

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next