| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3006 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 121  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tasty eats from Trader Joe's
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:17 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

The fruit and veggie Fiberful bars are weird, but good. I love dried fruit and veggies together though, like those Real Green bars are good too.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:21 pm 
Bought a crop of bad girls

Quarantined wrote:
The fruit and veggie Fiberful bars are weird, but good. I love dried fruit and veggies together though, like those Real Green bars are good too.

I like the fiberful bars too. I don't think they are weird. I buy my son the bag of fiberful ends and pieces and he loves them.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:26 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

denali wrote:
Quarantined wrote:

I like the fiberful bars too. I don't think they are weird. I buy my son the bag of fiberful ends and pieces and he loves them.

I just meant that some might find the veggie + fruit ones weird since they're not very sweet, but I like em. The pure fruit ones are definitely not weird!

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:33 pm 
Smuggling Raisins

damn you, trader joes for not being in Austin.

I guess it's because the original WF is here, there isn't room in this town for the both of 'em. :( but no trader joe's in texas AT ALL? laaaaame.

@inmypies
Texas VegFest 2012

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:35 pm 

Quarantined wrote:
denali wrote:
Quarantined wrote:

I just meant that some might find the veggie + fruit ones weird since they're not very sweet, but I like em. The pure fruit ones are definitely not weird!

Oh I always thought that the bags of ends and pieces had fruit and veggies in it! I was really suprised that they didn't have a vegetable flavor. I guess I know why now.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:40 pm 
Who's Ted Leo?

Lately we have been eating a lot of sweet potato fries from TJ...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:54 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

I don't like their soy nuggets. There. I said it. I'm super disappointed because I'm a TJ's-a-holic, but I didn't care for the taste or texture at all, even doused in BBQ sauce. Sad.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:11 pm 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

So those vegan mochi ice cream things. Ice cream is super good, mochi part is just weird. It appears to made from tapioca starch, I just don't like it, not close to the stuff I'm used to. But the ice cream, they should really make that in pints.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:17 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

these are the veggie bars I'm talking about...strangely good

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:48 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Quarantined wrote:
these are the veggie bars I'm talking about...strangely good

They look kind of like Fruit To Go bars, do they have fiber added?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:16 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

VeganMeredith wrote:

yeah they have added inulin, soy grits (?), linseed and psyllium.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:13 pm 
Who's Ted Leo?

Who? wrote:
So those vegan mochi ice cream things. Ice cream is super good, mochi part is just weird. It appears to made from tapioca starch, I just don't like it, not close to the stuff I'm used to. But the ice cream, they should really make that in pints.

+1 - I peeled the mochi off mine to get to the ice cream...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:19 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

ScooterDiva wrote:
I don't like their soy nuggets. There. I said it. I'm super disappointed because I'm a TJ's-a-holic, but I didn't care for the taste or texture at all, even doused in BBQ sauce. Sad.

oh, totally meh! I remember a thread on the old boards about how sad they are. I used to pick them up now and then for emergency work lunches with bbq sauce to dip, but even that stopped. I did buy them last week on a whim and made them for friends during a tv marathon. I kept repeating that they were the blandest things in the world to anyone who'd try one. I almost can't believe they sell them like this.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:34 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Quarantined wrote:
VeganMeredith wrote:

yeah they have added inulin, soy grits (?), linseed and psyllium.

Interesting!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:36 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Be careful with those fruit strip ends. Or at least don't eat a whole bag in one day. My GI tract was not happy with me.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:20 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

yeah, the bars are definite fiberific...best not eat too many at one time.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:33 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

jdfunks wrote:
ScooterDiva wrote:

oh, totally meh! I remember a thread on the old boards about how sad they are. I used to pick them up now and then for emergency work lunches with bbq sauce to dip, but even that stopped. I did buy them last week on a whim and made them for friends during a tv marathon. I kept repeating that they were the blandest things in the world to anyone who'd try one. I almost can't believe they sell them like this.

I must like bland things because I'm a fan. I haven't had them in awhile though, so maybe they change recently?

I have put my mouth, this is the best sandwich. Since. I agree Araya monkeytoes too much, especially the lunch buffet. I have no idea of ​​the city center. I mean try headstrong, but I have not made there. --spam!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:47 pm 

jdfunks wrote:
ScooterDiva wrote:

The soy nuggets are disappointing. I've bought them a couple times because I couldn't believe they could be so bad that I had to try them again. Also disappointed that all TJ's soy cheese seems to have casein in it. We might need to start a letter writing campaign and see if we can fix these atrocities!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:51 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Didn't see anyone address the other flavors of hummus question. I really like the roasted garlic hummus, but it's not labeled with the big V. I bought the white bean hummus as it was labeled vegan, but I'm just not as impressed with it.

Also, for the love of all that is dear and good in the world, please let me find rockyroad squares and non-dairy mochi.

I psychotically love TJ's! I'm glad that I'm not alone. I will have to try some of the other cookies mentioned here. Most of the cookies that I used to get were pre-vegan days.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:01 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

Meggs wrote:
appifanie wrote:
the top of my TJs list says

NO COOKIES

Thank you for the suggestion. Rather, I'm taking this idea and suggesting to myself that I implement it.

It worked, I didn't buy any! Which is good because I'll eat an entire box of those maple cookies in 2-3 days. By myself.

The spicy hummus IS great! I didn't like the Thai Tom whatever soup. They were out of the cider when I went but the sexy question guy gave me his name and told me to call before I came next time (I live an hour away).

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:13 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I just tried their punjab choley. I served it over coconut rice and was pleasantly surprised! Quick dinner to have on hand.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:07 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

ndpittman wrote:
Also, for the love of all that is dear and good in the world, please let me find rockyroad squares and non-dairy

I hope you find them!! My Mochi was gone in 3 days and I polished off the rocky road in 2 days. Oops.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:12 pm 
WELFARIST!

I love the hibiscus flowers but haven't seen them in a while.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:16 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Meggs wrote:
I'm really jealous of this. Also, where is everyone getting this falafel? I can't find it for the life of me. I don't think my small store has it. It would just be crazy of me to ask, wouldn't it?

They ran out of meatless meatballs the other week and I almost had a breakdown. I asked about them and said, "just please tell me you ran out and didn't stop making them, please?!" I hate when they stop selling stuff that I like a lot*!

*still bitter about the roasted veg pizza

You probably go to the same one I frequent when I'm at my dad's house (going to TJ's in the city is too out of the way). That is, the Batavia one by Randall Road. By any chance, have you seen these intriguing sounding maple cookies there?

And I'm also bitter they stopped making those delicious roasted vegetable pizzas. They were slightly cheaper than the Amy's kind, AND better tasting.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:53 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

OMG, you all are evil.

I went to TJ's last night and found the non-dairy mochi, rocky road squares, and the apple streudal.

Of course, by evil I mean you are all amazing. Mmm... sweets...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3006 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 121  Next