| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 385 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: No one's resurrected a DivaCup thread, yet?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:18 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Fixed.

Now, I'll report: that little forker really suctions!

Post subject: Re: No one's resurrected a DivaCup thread, yet?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:25 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Mine is working away right now! One of my top ten vajayjay purchases ever.

Last week we had guys in our rooms doing electrical work, and they opened my cabinets to stick some of my stuff in there so it would be out of the way. The cup was right there at eye level, waiting to be called into action. I wonder what they thought it was?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:27 pm 

Invictus wrote:
Mine is working away right now! One of my top ten vajayjay purchases ever.

Last week we had guys in our rooms doing electrical work, and they opened my cabinets to stick some of my stuff in there so it would be out of the way. The cup was right there at eye level, waiting to be called into action. I wonder what they thought it was?

A miniature sink plunger?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:33 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Well, it was right next to my vibrator (which was in it's little case and therefore more subtle). I'm the only one in my room, I didn't think I'd have to hide stuff!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:05 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

I love mine. It's over a year old - how long do they last again?

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:14 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

I somehow lost my first DivaCup and then moved a few weeks later, meaning that I literally went through ALL of my stuff. I bought a new one and I love it, of course. I still wonder where the first one is, though.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:33 pm 
WRETCHED

I love mine! It'll be called to action in a couple days.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:36 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

appifanie wrote:

I've had mine like 4 years now...I clean it by soaking in 50/50 water/ Seventh Generation bleach overnight and it looks good as new. I think that Seventh Gen. stuff is mostly hydrogen peroxide?

I love the darn thing

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:44 pm 

Quarantined wrote:
appifanie wrote:

I've had mine like 4 years now...I clean it by soaking in 50/50 water/ Seventh Generation bleach overnight and it looks good as new. I think that Seventh Gen. stuff is mostly hydrogen peroxide?

I love the darn thing

According to the directions accompanying the cup, you're not supposed to use peroxide to clean it, as it damages the silicone.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:52 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Yeah, mine is at least 3 or 4 years old and good as new. I think you're supposed to get a different one when you turn 35, though.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:52 pm 
Chip Strong

I'm excited to finally be able to join in one of these threads! This girl at work convinced me to buy one after everything moved around and I couldn't find the tampons. I'm still getting used to it a bit but overall I like it a lot! I haven't boiled mine yet (I've used it for 2 cycles) because I don't have an extra pot and don't really want to use the one I cook food in for it. Couldn't I theoretically dump a kettle full of boiling water into my bathroom sink while it's plugged?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:57 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

For the first two years I just cleaned it with hot water and hand soap and that worked just fine. The silicone got slightly discoloured, but who's checking it out anyways?

Anyways, now I soak it every three cycles or so with a splash of peroxide in a bunch of water. I haven't had any issues with it messing up the cup

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:13 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

I LOVE my DivaCup. It's my saviour. Plus, when I know I'm going to start my period (I am very regular) but I know I'm going to be busy the whole day, I put it in to avoid blood in my undies.
Plus, I've always hated buying pads/tampons. They're so friggin' expensive! I've had my DivaCup for 2 years, and I always like to tell my boyfriend how much money I've saved.

Rubella, I also don't really want to use a pot I cook with to boil something that collects my menses, so I dump boiling water in my bathroom sink to "boil" my DivaCup probably about 6 times a year. I warm up my sink with hot tap water, then drain it out because I don't know if the sink would crack (probably won't, but I'm just being safe - mine's porcelain). Works fine. I don't think it does exactly the same job as straight-up boiling on the stove for 5 minutes, but my DivaCup still looks brand new!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:22 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

Rubella wrote:
I'm excited to finally be able to join in one of these threads! This girl at work convinced me to buy one after everything moved around and I couldn't find the tampons. I'm still getting used to it a bit but overall I like it a lot! I haven't boiled mine yet (I've used it for 2 cycles) because I don't have an extra pot and don't really want to use the one I cook food in for it. Couldn't I theoretically dump a kettle full of boiling water into my bathroom sink while it's plugged?

I bought mine it's own special pot at the used stuff store for like $1 and I've only boiled it a few times in the one year plus. Generally I just wash it in soap and water.

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:49 pm 
Shopped till she dropped

Loooooove my cup. I've convinced a few friends to switch, and everyone's been totally happy. I've had mine for a couple years. For some reason, it's never occurred to me to do anything other than hand soap and hot water. It's looking a little stained, but not too bad. Perhaps I'll try boiling it soon.

Lately, though, I've been starting randomly, usually at work when I'm not expecting it. I hate having to bother with tampons, even though I have natural ones at work for such emergencies.

Thankfully, when I do have my cup in, I have a private bathroom to do clean it out. But last cycle, I desperately needed to empty it when I was at the airport. Thankfully, there was no one around. But what do you do when there is?

I GOT YER VAGILANTE JUSTICE RIGHT HERE. ::grabs crotch:: - DarthCupcake

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:58 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I <3 my Diva Cup. This is where it lives:

(Ah knitted it!)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:12 pm 
Married to the wolfman

I got a DivaCup after I had my kid because another mom was like "dude, you can use it for 12 hours straight without emptying it!" and since my baby lets me go to the bathroom roughly once every 12 hours and I've never been a tampon fan, the DivaCup sounded like it was right up my alley. Of course, my period disappeared for four months right after I bought it! But I finally got to use it for realsies last month and I freaking LOVE the thing.

But can we talk about something? I read the old thread on DivaCups and I read the instructions that came with it and stuff and... no matter how many times I turn that thing around once it's in my cooter, it does NOT ever make a pop. Never!

I bled an ounce in two days and didn't have a single leak so I'm thinking it's okay but I'm just wondering... why doesn't it pop?!

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:14 pm 
Chip Strong

coldandsleepy wrote:
I got a DivaCup after I had my kid because another mom was like "dude, you can use it for 12 hours straight without emptying it!" and since my baby lets me go to the bathroom roughly once every 12 hours and I've never been a tampon fan, the DivaCup sounded like it was right up my alley. Of course, my period disappeared for four months right after I bought it! But I finally got to use it for realsies last month and I freaking LOVE the thing.

But can we talk about something? I read the old thread on DivaCups and I read the instructions that came with it and stuff and... no matter how many times I turn that thing around once it's in my cooter, it does NOT ever make a pop. Never!

I bled an ounce in two days and didn't have a single leak so I'm thinking it's okay but I'm just wondering... why doesn't it pop?!

Yeah mine doesn't pop either, I just jam my finger in there to make sure it's not folded up or anything and it seems to work fine. I have a really hard time turning it around but it hasn't been a problem.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:26 pm 
Saggy Butt

I love my Diva Cup! Love, love, love it. It is the best thing ever for women who are performers. No costume is compromised by the Cup, and it feels so much more secure than a tampon (I've never been friends with tampons).
Seriously, I'm a little evangelical about the Diva Cup.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:35 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

It's the best! I've always been 100% comfortable changing it in the shower, but haven't fully gotten there out of the shower. I tried the other day (during my heaviest days), and I had one of those crime scene moments. I have a hard time taking it out cleanly when it's full/semi full. I try to keep it upright and steady, but it seems to shoot out anyway ?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:49 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I am slowly getting the hang of mine a year later and almost no leaks!

i still cannot figure out why the damn thing occasionally spots tho.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:28 am 
Bathes in Braggs

kara kara wrote:
Thankfully, when I do have my cup in, I have a private bathroom to do clean it out. But last cycle, I desperately needed to empty it when I was at the airport. Thankfully, there was no one around. But what do you do when there is?

The DivaCup people say to just empty the cup and wipe clean with some toilet paper if you're in a public restroom. But I don't like doing that, since it makes the cup dry and hard to insert, so I always try to rinse... I usually just bring a water bottle specifically for my DivaCup around with me and I do a little rinse over the toilet. I don't want to waddle out of the stall with pantaloons around my ankles, blood dripping from the crotch, and some little bloody cup thing in my hands...

I know that is a lovely image. :D

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:33 am 
Bathes in Braggs

CNA wrote:
kara kara wrote:

The DivaCup people say to just empty the cup and wipe clean with some toilet paper if you're in a public restroom. But I don't like doing that, since it makes the cup dry and hard to insert, so I always try to rinse... I usually just bring a water bottle specifically for my DivaCup around with me and I do a little rinse over the toilet. I don't want to waddle out of the stall with pantaloons around my ankles, blood dripping from the crotch, and some little bloody cup thing in my hands...

I know that is a lovely image. :D

i really did just l o l then.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:37 am 
Wrote Dissertation on Vegans, Meat, and the Deserted Island Question

yay, cups!
ETA: more information!
Crime scene moments: I've had one, at home and it was relatively uneventful, I thought it was hilarious actually. I was like "oooh, I'll just switch the cup to this hand" then *whoops*.

Washing: I wash with soap and water, or just water. I wouldn't worry about boiling it in a regular pot, you're putting the clean, washed-out cup in there and boiling sanitizes anyway. I also change in the shower but when I have had to change it in public I've just grabbed my water bottle and given it a bit of a rinse and a shake dry. I'm lucky because I find taking it out once in the morning and once in the evening suits me fine, I don't have any overflow issues, it's usually only 1/4-1/2 full.

How long it lasts: I have a Lady Cup but I've read that they all last for years, which is why they are so economical. Obviously you should get a new one if you give birth vaginally or turn 35 because they recommend a different size.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:26 am 
Writes Vegan Haiku

CNA wrote:
I don't want to waddle out of the stall with pantaloons around my ankles, blood dripping from the crotch, and some little bloody cup thing in my hands...

I want to sig this but I feel like I'm only really going to "get" it about five days out of each month.

Reply to topic  [ 385 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next